March Violets gig

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
nitestorm
Road Kill

Gutted, my set list is signed only by Rosie Garland, Rosie Lugosi, and Chris Reed.
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I didn't see/heard the first band but all others - Salvation, 25men, Chris Reed (yeah, not a band but a man, the man ;)) and The March Violets were great :notworthy:
I finally had time to upload my **** photos but I had no time to sort them, so I uploaded all of them, ALL, even some black on black ones - skip and enjoy :twisted:
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/ ... ds%202007/
(on 3 pages)
James Blast
Banned

blurry, out of focus, captures the moment...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:blurry, out of focus, captures the moment...
yes, most of them are very blurry, all 25men ones are too dark and some are just embarrassingly obscure - I will remove the last ones soon, maybe not this night.
I don't have professional equipment, no professional skills, I wasn't in the press area and - first of all - I prefered to enjoy the gig :)
I remember how I have lost half of my fun, trying to take good pics... I think it was last last year when Sisters played in Manchester.

PS I have too blurry pics of Sisters from M'era Luna 2005 which I like very much. didn't like them at first but after seeing one of them used on one Heartland DVD I understood the value of it. you have probably seen it somewhere - Chris Catalyst in the style of Munch's "Scream" :)
James Blast
Banned

too blurry = I think not, try do it in focus and on target
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

I'm getting fed up with those type of pics Wreckless, it used to be fine but when you have no idea who it is meant to be, it gets a bit tedious, No?
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

moving target... I think (but I'm not sure, maybe I'm just not enough good) that my camera needs more time to take a pic when light conditions are not good. i mean - there's more time between my pressing the button and the the moment it captures... maybe. maybe not.
anyway, one pic I'm quite satisfied myself because it it was so damned bad to catch the moment when that bloody microphone wasn't between me and her face:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/ ... 1198369001

(warning - when I have removed some extremely bad photos, this link will probably direct to a wrong point in the universe)
James Blast
Banned

well it took me to one excellent photo of the March Violets 07, so no more complaints here
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

James Blast wrote:I'm getting fed up with those type of pics Wreckless, it used to be fine but when you have no idea who it is meant to be, it gets a bit tedious, No?
Indrek linked to his pics of the gig as a gesture of goodwill and friendship, I'm sure. I just don't see why the "quality" of the photos is an issue, here. :|
pikkrong
Overbomber

well, as an editor myself (in singular and without the article "the") i know that removing cr_p makes things always better.
my fault that i posted it before doing that.
but in general - as i already said - i went to have fun, i had lot of fun and those pics... are what they are...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

No need to apologize, Indrek...
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote: i went to have fun, i had lot of fun and those pics... are what they are...
"souvenirs" :wink:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Top Notch Indrek :)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Oh dear, 's my hand/sock puppet holding the setlist at the end. :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

for fact fans & trivia collectors everywhere:

mat - the bass player for the march violets' reunion gig - was guest DJ at my club sin city last saturday :D

the other resident dj cancelled at the last minute so mat kindly stepped in to the breach and played a few bangin' tunes 8)

the evening's playlist is here:

http://www.sincitymanchester.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=72

:notworthy:

and i think we shall be working together again at the end of the month in whitby 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:for fact fans & trivia collectors everywhere:

mat - the bass player for the march violets' reunion gig - was guest DJ at my club sin city last saturday :D

the other resident dj cancelled at the last minute so mat kindly stepped in to the breach and played a few bangin' tunes 8)

the evening's playlist is here:

http://www.sincitymanchester.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=72

:notworthy:

and i think we shall be working together again at the end of the month in whitby 8)
How long was the evening?
There's an awful lot of songs there. ...
or should that be a lot of awful songs there ... :innocent: just kidding.
There's a lot of new romantic stuff there though.... am I missing a new movement?
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

That was his name? Ah right... still chuffed at getting his sig. ;D
Is he in any other band, Bequifféd One?