Please help!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Engine of Excess
Road Kill

Many of you out there may know, or had the pleasure to meet, Mel (Lucy*Fur), who amongst other things is a key-part of the Whitby Goth Weekend Festival in her capacity as DJ & DJ-coordinator, and this October she organised the ‘Battle of The Bands’ event held at The Metropole over WGW. She has also been a key component in raising funds for Charity.

Mel was diagnosed with Cancer, and underwent treatment and the Cancer was in remission.
Sadly, things have taken a turn for the worst and Mel recently received the news that not only has the Cancer returned, but that it is now incurable and she has been given just a year to live.

Mel is determined to fight this thing, but unfortunately (like many of us) does not have the funds to subside this.

Subsequently, a fund has been set up in order to help Mel with funding travel and treatment abroad (which doesn’t come cheap) and to make what time she has left more comfortable for both her and her family.

One of the things Mel would like to do is to go to Thailand to hug the tigers, and it is hoped that enough funds can be raised not only to help her explore possible treatment overseas, but to facilitate this dream.

More details with regards to this, and how you can help by making a donation (no amount too big or small) can be found on Mel’s MySpace profile http://www.myspace.com/_lucyfur_

If there’s anything you feel you can to help, please contact Mel as I’m sure she’d appreciate any help that you may be able to provide.

All things being well, there will also be a collection @ The March Violets gig in Leeds next month, with the kind permission of The MVs, so if anyone would like to donate there, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've made this into a 'sticky' thread.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Engine of Excess
Road Kill

Hey, thank you very much, most appreciated. :)
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I'm doing some running and that for her, so I fully expect to get laughed at and sponsored.

Doing Pennine 10k in Jan, Dewsbury 10k in Feb, Wilkinson Ackworth Half Marathon in March and hopefully the Jersey Marathon on Oct. The first three races have been confirmed, the last as yet hasn't.

sponsor details to follow.
Only a paand.
Francis
Overbomber

You got one of those web sponsorship things?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.