Sisters play Suikerrock !!!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Floyd
Road Kill

No I won't be at suikerrock. I'll see the Fields at the gothic festival. I've seen the Sisters too much, i'm very disappointed. Thnks for the good old days to spencer, dave, robbie, sven,wim,...
Someone has to stop idealising Andrew, isn't that right? I'm bored with the sound and always the same setlist from the last years even if i'm drunk .....
A very very disappointed long time fan.
PS When the Fields are playing in Waregem, i'll think of all of you
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Floyd wrote:No I won't be at suikerrock. I'll see the Fields at the gothic festival. I've seen the Sisters too much, i'm very disappointed. Thnks for the good old days to spencer, dave, robbie, sven,wim,...
Someone has to stop idealising Andrew, isn't that right? I'm bored with the sound and always the same setlist from the last years even if i'm drunk .....
Hi there Floyd. Enjoy the Fields in Waregem! Talking about your good old days...dave, (have you heard from him recently by any chance?) i don't think he roams these parts nor does robbie. But both can be found somewhere else if you want to pass on your message...oh spencer is there in that place too...
Andrew is just but man but still delightful to some of us! :wink:

MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Floyd wrote:No I won't be at suikerrock. I'll see the Fields at the gothic festival. I've seen the Sisters too much, i'm very disappointed. Thnks for the good old days to spencer, dave, robbie, sven,wim,...
Welcome....

Though I like those Fields as well, to me they don't even come close to the Girls. So I don't see a point in stopping me and others to idealise Andrew. I am a fan! Not a disappointed one though the past and the future should have been written different from the current story. Shame, even big but no more. I am not blind nor deaf but this is my band! They gave me a lot, are still doing that and always will do that thing to me.
So you enjoy Waregem; I will certainly enjoy Tienen and without any offense meant; I think of you not! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:I am not blind nor deaf but this is my band! They gave me a lot, are still doing that and always will do that thing to me.
Couldn't have put it better myself :) :notworthy:
paul
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
Ozpat wrote:I am not blind nor deaf but this is my band! They gave me a lot, are still doing that and always will do that thing to me.
Agree, although the disappointment is taking over these last years ...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
Agree, although the disappointment is taking over these last years ...
disappointment through lack of enthusiasm and s**t sound is better than disappointment through a geek that shouts: 'everyboooody happy??? YEAH!' (thinking of all these donkeys at Pinkpop last weekend). The Sisters are true rock n roll; sometimes bad, sometimes good but never the same oiled machine.
guns & cars & accidents
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

I got the tickets for me and my girlfriend last week! Looking forward to meet some of you guys. We'll be the ones wearing a Sisters t-shirt.. :lol:
Wish you all a nice Sunday.
This is not revenche, this is punishment
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote: disappointment through lack of enthusiasm and s**t sound is better than disappointment through a geek that shouts: 'everyboooody happy??? YEAH!' (thinking of all these donkeys at Pinkpop last weekend). The Sisters are true rock n roll; sometimes bad, sometimes good but never the same oiled machine.
There's more to choose than the choise between "a lame band that never makes records" and the "is everybody happy" band.

There's a load of bands worth following. Bands with great sound that bring out records more than occasionally, with lots of enthousiasm for their own music and towards the fans...

Don't ask me for examples though ... :oops:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

You are right: Duran Duran.
guns & cars & accidents
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

looking on the net, i found this site, that shows the lights that the sisters will use in suikerrock:

(scroll down..)

http://plots.eml-productions.com/index2 ... ck2008.htm
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice find Diego! Now we know what we need to get Von to play that garden party... :wink:

By now it's also official that the slot right before the Sisters will be reserved for The Scabs. They were big in Belgium once, but I doubt too many of you know about them.

I believe something like this will be the order of the day: Arf BBQ -> Scabs -> Sisters -> crash & burn ;D
in dub we trust
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote: The Scabs.
:D Me like! :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The Scabs?

Always reminds me of the picture/comic back in the days in Deng where everyone (including the bushmen or whatever it were) wanted him to sing Hard Times :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
paul
Overbomber

I heard them once, not bad at all ;-)
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

saw the scabs a lot more often than the sisters. They're good good even if alone for the ultimate enthousiasm. Play on saturday a absolute great cover of neil young (rocking in a free world)
MUSICA È
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stefan moermans wrote:saw the scabs a lot more often than the sisters. They're good good even if alone for the ultimate enthousiasm. Play on saturday a absolute great cover of neil young (rocking in a free world)
Yeah, heard them perform that one on Rock Werchter back in the days. Guess it was 1992. Enjoyed it....
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

THE SOUND MAN CONFIRM THE DATE IN HIS MYSPACE

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=36966188

SEE YOU THERE!!!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

thank god i check this out.. i'll be there damnit.. lol
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
lachert
Overbomber

Never Land wrote:Hotel Never Land is already booked up :P .

Present :notworthy: .
:wink:
can't wait ;D
long live rock'n'roll
Druide

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:Image
:wink:
can't wait ;D
:kiss:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Right people! What's happening tickety-booky-wise? Who has booked? Where are we all staying? Who will carry me through the mud once I have partaken of the Duvel :oops: :innocent:

Enquiring minds need to know!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

boudicca wrote:Right people! What's happening tickety-booky-wise? Who has booked? Where are we all staying? Who will carry me through the mud once I have partaken of the Duvel :oops: :innocent:

I'm there, and I'll drag you through the whole of Belgium when you venture into the Lair of St. Duvel too far ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
boudicca wrote:Right people! What's happening tickety-booky-wise? Who has booked? Where are we all staying? Who will carry me through the mud once I have partaken of the Duvel :oops: :innocent:

I'm there, and I'll drag you through the whole of Belgium when you venture into the Lair of St. Duvel too far ;D

IZ.
I thought I had already reached the Point Of No Return as far as Belgium was concerned! Event horizon :wink: ... Antwerp is like a big Black Hole of grooviness 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
darkparticle

Fantastic things coming together 8)

I'm leaving London via the tunnel on the 25th. Crumpets and crack pipes on the orient express. I plan to stay awake for quite a while and make no further plans
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard