25men interviews

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Some recent interviews with the 25men (or James Ray) were posted on their myspace.

Interview 1
Interview 2

The end of the second interview was pretty interesting:
25men wrote:Some kind of 80's / 90's revival seems to perfume the air, I think for
example to the return of the March Violets these days. How do you see
this kind of things and have you ever thought (even if it was only one
second) to resurrect James ray & The Performance ? Is there a future
for Gangwar, reformed in the last years for a few live apparitions ?

There is absolutely no chance of The Performance being resurrected (it was never more than just me – Carl posed for photographs) as it evolved into Gangwar which in turn imploded beneath a weight of jealousy and lies, so no chance of that happening in this dimension. The latest Gangwar apparition was just a whim and didn't involve any ex-members of the band. I personally couldn't go on stage playing tracks that are 15 to 20 years old, I'm not the same person I was then, it would be mere karaoke. I heard a complaint when we played at The March Violets show because 25men didn't play any Gangwar tracks! People really should learn to grow up and stop thinking about what has been and concentrate on what is.....

.. ..

Have you personally kept some contact wth Andy Eldritch since the
Merciful Years period and how do you see the way he manages the "only
live" career of The Sisters Of Mercy ?....

.. ..

I haven't spoken to him recently and I don't suppose I would recognise him if he knocked on my door, it's been sometime since I saw him face to face. As for how he manages his business, well that's his business. If it keeps him in Malboro's then I'm sure he's happy. If he wanted to record something with 25men he'd be more than welcome, although I would have to explain to a few of the men exactly who he is.....
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice! Thanks! :D :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Me and Planet Dave reckoned 25 Men were the best band on the night @ The March Violets gig :notworthy:

...Just don't go asking him for a MV review :innocent:
d-monic
Road Kill

Some reviews are also out now, starting with this one, will post the others soon:
http://www.obskure.com/fr/kro_model.php?n_kro=5596
25men
Road Kill

Norman Hunter wrote:Me and Planet Dave reckoned 25 Men were the best band on the night @ The March Violets gig :notworthy:

...Just don't go asking him for a MV review :innocent:
weren't we just :O>

cheers chaps :notworthy:
As a child Norman Hunter's cousin lived 3 doors away, remember him kicking a ball around with us once without taking his teeth out.

We have been invited to play the Hawkfest in Honiton on July 26th - be there or be in Belgium :lol:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Really? Carl didn't do anything? It's been a while since he showed up on here, he never really mentioned anything about the Performance.
d-monic
Road Kill

There is a nice interview on D-side magazine and an excellent review as well !
alice-temple
Road Kill

There's also an Interview with TWF Magazine on the website now.
Regards

Ian 4D

Addendum: Good to know Mr Ray approves of quantum physics, one of my topics of choice when studying ;D
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Road Kill

Have anyone read this book with the same name from Gary Zukav?
It is really highly interesting! I have it bought used in german (sadly it is not published in Germany any more).
Absolutely recommendable!

PS: Say hello to robertzombie. You know why...
reanimate
Road Kill

from the interview wrote::
I heard a complaint when we played at The March Violets show because 25men didn't play any Gangwar tracks! People really should learn to grow up and stop thinking about what has been and concentrate on what is.....
... maybe his Gangwar stuff was the best he did?
Sadly, I think "what is" doesn't cut.
Some back to basics is needed.
James Blast
Banned

I think this is his best project, but he's onto something else already :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

I like most of his work, and I really appreciate him wanting to experiment and not feeling constricted between said boundaries, but as an entertainer he must understand that his fans do not like all of his work and probably prefer the old gangwar or something else along the line more than what he is doing now.
Of course he has to do what he feels best and not turn into someone who is just an entertainer and stops to be an creative artist, but in some of his interviews I miss a sense of respect for the old fans and maybe even for his own music.
Another Shade of You.
robertzombie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:he's onto something else already :|
What's that?
25men
Road Kill

HAWKFEST 2008