MARES VIVAS REVIEW

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

taylor wrote:disappear old fat bastard, so we can leave in peace with our memory :D
mein god Taylor, praise our good old lord!!! Our hero has got to life too no? :lol:
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Tell me the truth people those who saw TSOM & Peter Murphy afterwards..

Was Peter better? Was it a good gig seeing both of them after each other?

I need to know!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

All I can say is: Bauhaus trashed any Sisters concert (to my eternal chagrin and angst, I missed them in the 80s) I've been to. Not only that, Bauhaus pulled a rabbit from the hat with 'go away white'. The only other band I know of to do something similar is VDGG with 'Present', but they're really, really old farts, unlike me

they're a spent force, this is not my Sisters

someone asked earlier "whatever happened to my...?"
my rock 'n' roll... died today when I saw that setlist :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lachert
Overbomber

so maybe small riot? first 5 rows turn back to stage during tienen gig? huh? good idea, huh? :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Ghost
Road Kill

Of course it's a pleasure to have a night both with tsom and peter murphy when you see both of your favorite bands (half?) represented.
The thing is that peter usually puts an outstanding show, playing a lot with the audience, great looks and sound, not to mention that most were there to see him, with only relative interest in tsom - not to mention expecting other kind of nostalgia show.

So after everything's over, this sisters gig, albeit a good one for what i see given nowadays standards, will look a LOT diminished when compared with pete's. You can see that on those harsh online reviews.

edit ps: btw, some review mentioned in the flat field being played, but the opener was devil's teeth instead.
Last edited by Ghost on 18 Jul 2008, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

His voice will be ok, well as good as the SB tour where it never seemed to be a full wack.

This was a one off gig, the guy could have had a cold! It's not as if he's been on the road all year and his voice is used to belting it out!

Although, it's pretty embarrassing to not sing on 2 songs :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Set list looks pretty good, at least they altered the order! That's a step forward
James Blast
Banned

sorry, don't get me wrong - I think Murph sans Ash and the Haskins is rubbish. Tones On Tail were damn fine for a brief while (I'll skip 99.9% of Love In Buckets output).

The sum of the whole is greater than the parts.

you/we are being lied to and you are also lying to yourselves, I stopped making excuses for being disappointed

try it

it's not as bad as I thought
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Bill Hicks wrote:Set list looks pretty good, at least they altered the order! That's a step forward
here's a straw Bill, try clutching it... :|
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

i'll tell you if i'm disappointed after next weekend dear...

see i'm in that small crowd that has experienced gigs where von has shown us a thing or two! i'm still of opinion that he has something to show us after all these years on his good days and so do ben and chris...

i'm not one for giving up on this band just yet and nor are many people in all parts of the world so if there are some hic-ups on the way .... so be it.

von isn't the youngest of them all and knowing the history of this band still think von has been hit in the balls in the music industry and with his bad habits as a person needs to look after himself.

i don't care what the lot of you think about what was then, it's still good to know we can see him live these days as i know some friends of mine that would really kill to see him in the southern hemisphere.

keep going von until it's a real sickness that stops you from gigging but carry on doing it as i see fans that are lost but lingre.... new fans that just want more...and the fact that before you die should tour places south of this planet as i know there are people there willing to welcome you with open arms ...so go for it!
Last edited by MadameButterfly on 18 Jul 2008, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

~ Peter Steele
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

Always look on the bright side of life, de-dum, de-dum, de-dum, de-dum!
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

here's a straw Bill, try clutching it... Neutral
I know. :cry:
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote:i'll tell you if i'm disappointed after next weekend dear...

see i'm in that small crowd that has experienced gigs where von has shown us a thing or two! i'm still of opinion that he has something to show us after all these years on his good days and so do ben and chris...

i'm not one for giving up on this band just yet and nor are many people in all parts of the world so if there are some hic-ups on the way .... so be it.

etc. ...
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Look none of you Scots are gonna pee on our parade!

Please boys..this is our high so go cry in your own thread and leave us alone...please...

Hee! :twisted:
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Perki ~ I like you, I don't love you but I like you! :wink: :notworthy: ;D :kiss:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

a revitalised Neffilim are playing, just thought I'd mention that
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:a revitalised Neffilim are playing, just thought I'd mention that
...And they've got a bass player. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

robertzombie wrote:Image

Oh dear :lol:
When 900 years old you are, look as good you will not.

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

:lol:
James Blast
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:...And they've got a bass player. ;D
FACT!

such a thing is wasted on the young, it seems :|
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

nose, nose holes, are too small.
James Blast
Banned

I think you mean he has a 'nasal wide on'
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

cardoman wrote:
robertzombie wrote:Image

Oh dear :lol:
good old st Pauli, der kiezkicker
The lights make him look as bad-hair-dayish as a bald can go.
Edit: After seing the Youtube videos: I feel Ben's playing sounds a lot more sisterish than in 06. Less harmonics. The instrunents sounded very well. They don't smoke as much, after all. :innocent:
There is shadow under this red rock
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

James Blast wrote:a revitalised Neffilim are playing, just thought I'd mention that
so are you going to that instead, or staying at your mum's
Goths have feelings too
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Cheers for links, etc. hope :von: 's got access to alot of whizz and turns up in Tienen with a fat attitude, and generously wasted
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard