Sisters play Suikerrock !!!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Thunderclaps and linghtningflares expected somewhere at about Sat late night/Sunday morning, so no probs! :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Had a quick read through the last thread pages. Myself and Wendy will go to Tienen directly and will probably be there in the early afternoon.

I will text some of you to find out about a prégig meet up. :D

See you all there! Looking forward.... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Just reading through this... "newbies" have no fear! Doesn't matter if you've introduced yourselves or not, all are welcome to any HL drinkfest... just pop by and soak up the party atmos ;D 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
christophe
Overbomber

... and buy the rest of us a drink :wink:
Another Shade of You.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ok.. i'll be there somewhere in the afternoon..
someone pm me to see where we'll all meet..
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
paul
Overbomber

In case a meetup is arranged, just shout ;-)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

i've changed my mind!

i'll be arriving around 14h00 in leuven. do a bit of sight seeing and get booked into hotel and freshen up....until the first meet-up in leuven.

then we can proceed to tienen..there the rest of us can meet up but where that happens don't look at me...

tomorrow work and then pack and then go!

whoohoo and Z please i need a copy of that Saturn ad! :D :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

dtsom wrote:
242headhunter wrote:And the weather is going to be very nice in Tienen! Finally
looking in th net it seems that it will rain on saturday

I hope not!!
Weather suddenly changes here in Belgium. Ah whatever... Let's have fun!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

242headhunter wrote:Weather suddenly changes here in Belgium. Ah whatever... Let's have fun!
INDERDAAD 8) ;D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

MadameButterfly wrote:i've changed my mind!

i'll be arriving around 14h00 in leuven. do a bit of sight seeing and get booked into hotel and freshen up....until the first meet-up in leuven.

then we can proceed to tienen..there the rest of us can meet up but where that happens don't look at me...

tomorrow work and then pack and then go!

whoohoo and Z please i need a copy of that Saturn ad! :D :notworthy:
It's just the cover art, not even terribly big, but I'll bring it for you :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:
Andrew S wrote:As early as it takes to get front row in Tienen! Or is that just wishful thinking?
Remember Eva, they have a "golden VIP circle" in front of the stage ...
Yes I've been told that there ain't a hope in hell of really getting to the front due to the presence of this "VIP section" :evil: And as I can't get access to my room at the hostel till 2 at the earliest, I'm probably looking at heading for Tienen around 3 at the earliest. Claire, Zeno Debs, would that fit in with your plans?
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sorry to hear about the change of plans ARF , as much as I'd like to soften the blow :kiss: (you won't miss much/it's the same set-list anyway, etc.) :( ....It's my first sisters gig and it is going to be memorable, classic performance, out of nowhere. ;D
I've got arrival in Brussels @ 2245 Friday. Cheers for the train info Obviousman , do they run late?
Got my tent, no accomodation booked and a bout 2 g's of mdma, herbal essence, let's party :P
Not sure where I'll meet you FOLKS, but It'd be great if it happens...a bit like Christophe, I'll be qietly drinking at a bar, until the sisters, may try and get some of Scabs set, just to get settled.

Who knows what's been finalised about meeting up?
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Silver_Owl
The Don

darkparticle wrote:Got my tent, no accomodation booked and a bout 2 g's of mdma, herbal essence, let's party :P
Sounds like you're in for a good night anyway whatever happens. :lol:

Enjoy it people. It's only Rock n Roll.... :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
profdjstimpy
Road Kill

hey profdjstimpy her:

due an unexpeted situation i can't go to the sisters(the person i drive with can't go)so i'll sell my ticket for a nice price please pm me the ticket is aviable to sell untill this afternoon 2 Pm
if you are intrested mail me at profdjstimpy@hotmail.com :notworthy: :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

darkparticle wrote:Sorry to hear about the change of plans ARF , as much as I'd like to soften the blow :kiss: (you won't miss much/it's the same set-list anyway, etc.) :( ....It's my first sisters gig and it is going to be memorable, classic performance, out of nowhere. ;D
I've got arrival in Brussels @ 2245 Friday. Cheers for the train info Obviousman , do they run late?
Got my tent, no accomodation booked and a bout 2 g's of mdma, herbal essence, let's party :P
Not sure where I'll meet you FOLKS, but It'd be great if it happens...a bit like Christophe, I'll be qietly drinking at a bar, until the sisters, may try and get some of Scabs set, just to get settled.

Who knows what's been finalised about meeting up?
If I'm not mistaken that might mean you're on Claire's big flying thing! Trains from Brussels airport run until about 2330, but other than that the whole rail network seems to stop at about that time as well :urff:

Check www.nmbs.be

@Andrew: Anything fits in my plans, I think I'll just try to gather the most possible Leuven residents, but if we're leaving too late, do go ahead, it's not that hard to find for sure 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy

profdjstimpy wrote:hey profdjstimpy her:

due an unexpeted situation i can't go to the sisters(the person i drive with can't go)so i'll sell my ticket for a nice price please pm me the ticket is aviable to sell untill this afternoon 2 Pm
if you are intrested mail me at profdjstimpy@hotmail.com :notworthy: :notworthy:
Where do you live?

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ok, since the BBQ has been nixed, I feel I have to make amends and help out somehow. So I'll be making a few sugfgestions.

Suggestion No.1 : Let's meet up at the Oude Markt in Leuven. Iz, there is a free parking nearby, so pm me if you'd like to know its location. It'll be busy, but I'm rather certain there will still be room to park. For all others on foot : proceed to Café 33. If you have the big building at the end of the Market in your view, it's one of the last bars to the right, for those who don't know it. I'll be there from 2-3pm.
Suggestion No.2 : no BBQ, but we get together for drinks at my place anyway. I won't be leaving for Waregem before 6pm anyway, so it is feasible and my place is a mere five minutes from Tienen. The reason behind this is : buying your own drinks in a supermarket is cheaper and I'm willing to sponsor a crate of beer (24 bottles) and some sodas (and a bloody mary for Claire ;D). Patio is available for slapping, if you're leaning that way. If you decide on a bus ride to the venue from my place, there is a bus stop only 2-3 minutes from there, so you can leave your cars parked at our place (about 3-4 can park in front of it). The bus comes by every hour, I think. Maybe there's a half hour schedule for Suikerrock; I'd have to check.

So, let me know...
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Ok, since the BBQ has been nixed, I feel I have to make amends and help out somehow. So I'll be making a few sugfgestions.

Suggestion No.1 : Let's meet up at the Oude Markt in Leuven. Iz, there is a free parking nearby, so pm me if you'd like to know its location. It'll be busy, but I'm rather certain there will still be room to park. For all others on foot : proceed to Café 33. If you have the big building at the end of the Market in your view, it's one of the last bars to the right, for those who don't know it. I'll be there from 2-3pm.
Suggestion No.2 : no BBQ, but we get together for drinks at my place anyway. I won't be leaving for Waregem before 6pm anyway, so it is feasible and my place is a mere five minutes from Tienen. The reason behind this is : buying your own drinks in a supermarket is cheaper and I'm willing to sponsor a crate of beer (24 bottles) and some sodas (and a bloody mary for Claire ;D). Patio is available for slapping, if you're leaning that way. If you decide on a bus ride to the venue from my place, there is a bus stop only 2-3 minutes from there, so you can leave your cars parked at our place (about 3-4 can park in front of it). The bus comes by every hour, I think. Maybe there's a half hour schedule for Suikerrock; I'd have to check.

So, let me know...
I'm in for the Drinks at Image do! :notworthy:

I'd rather do the ARF @home than the ARF @ 33 tho... just for the Leuven centre thingy... I own a car but I loathe driving it into an unknown old town like Leuven, where one-way streets are a constant embuggerance...

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Let me ken the bus number and I'll come over with some foreigns trailing behind me ;D 33 or yours, tis up to them!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Bus number is 380 and it runs every half hour : exactly on the hour and 2 minutes before every half hour. You could also take the train to Vertrijk, which is only 2kms from where I live and if Iz is coming by car, we could drive there, pick y'all up and take you to my place, depending on how much bodies we're speaking of. The costs for train and busfare are exactly the same, the train is just faster and only runs every hour at 33 minutes past the hour...

EDIT : if you want to go to Suikerrock by train, remember that train tickets are valid for the whole day, so you could just as easily get out at Vertrijk, have a drink at my place and then take another train from Vertrijk to Tienen. From Tienen Station to the festival 'ground' (well, they're cobblestones) it's merely a 10 minute walk...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ahráyeph wrote:the Oude Markt in Leuven
Woo-hoo! Scene of many a fun drunken episode! I'm well up for that 8)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:I've got arrival in Brussels @ 2245 Friday.
If I'm not mistaken that might mean you're on Claire's big flying thing![/quote]

No, Z... I get in at 22.25 (I think!)
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote:
And Cheeseburger consumption :P :oops:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
boudicca wrote:
And sunglass and sno cap wearin' Weegie homies drinking Duvel...
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:
Big Si wrote:
boudicca wrote: Woo-hoo! Scene of many a fun drunken episode! I'm well up for that 8)
And sunglass and sno cap wearin' Weegie homies drinking Duvel...
Them's called Goff Neds, Raf! ;D

IZ.