Serious answers only - perleeeeeease!

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Machiavelli had political savvy...
Last edited by markfiend on 11 Sep 2008, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
psichonaut
Overbomber

Machiavelli :wink:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Don't know what you're talking about ;) :innocent: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

To sell or not to sell?

In terms of cash-flow, selling your collection would be only ever be a short-term fix. In terms of catharsis in connection with OCD ... again maybe ... but flogging off the whole lot (all or nothing) might seem a little reactionary and perhaps just as extreme as completist collecting?

Perhaps it could be worth just doing a bit of weeding/pruning to start out with and seeing how you feel about it. Where you have duplicates, both regular and special ltd or 1st editions, multiple editions from different countries, regular and signed copies ... that sort of thing.

Is there any reason you couldn't maintain a healthy/balanced collection (not sure precisely what I mean by that, but then again 'healthy/balanced' is different for everybody) and still make a little cash to tide yourself over until your fortunes improve? You don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater unless you really want to.
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care
Michael.Wood
Road Kill

DON'T DO IT!!!!

This is your LIFE.

Did it in 1996, to buy rave pills etc (yawn), and traded in my prehensile tail.

Only just got them all back, bar the boots, which were some of the best and remind me of fond, crimped sulph teen hysteria, in the basement of BAD in Leeds, scoffing at Gloom Cows, and Rodney Orpheus.

I will kill for the Kiss The Blade VHS comps, Black Planet in Leeds made up, which I left at some flat in Le4icester, because I burned down their kitchen.

Sell your children or your arse instead.

Do not become The Cult!

The Omnipotent Node
x :lol:
Michael.Wood
Road Kill

check my vinyl for sale on discogs.com username Avicus

... xx
James Blast
Banned

we do have a Weeding section... :innocent:

just ca cannae and be gentle ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele