Female vocalists

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Kommandok
Road Kill

If we are ever graced with another Sisters album...who would make for some nice girly vocals and/or duets?
Teri Nunn..giving it another go?
RIP Ofra Haza..you are so very missed!
I'm gonna throw out Azam Ali(she did vocals for the film, 300).
Unlikely...Toni Halliday(Curve). That would rock!
Also..Lucia Cifarelli(KMFDM). That would rock even more!!
Do I drive?
Or am I driven?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

None FFS! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

I have to agree with Pat - I've just been listening to the NEC '93 gig and the female backing just doesn't work (at least for me anyway). They only time it adds anything is during 'On The Wire'. Apart from that - it just sounds plain daft. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

The inability of people to move never ceases to amaze me. The unfortunate part is that they wouldn't let others move, either. God, if you lived a little and agreed to move away from your "comfort zone" you might notice it wasn't that comfortable to begin with.

i really love people trying to tell Von what he should do or shouldn't do with his music. Is this really what internet discussions need to be about? (i'm afraid so.)

The world is f**ked up and it's not because of some mysterious evil people scattered around, it's because of people like hc "fans" of the Sisters.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Silver_Owl
The Don

itnAklipse wrote:The inability of people to move never ceases to amaze me. The unfortunate part is that they wouldn't let others move, either. God, if you lived a little and agreed to move away from your "comfort zone" you might notice it wasn't that comfortable to begin with.

i really love people trying to tell Von what he should do or shouldn't do with his music. Is this really what internet discussions need to be about? (i'm afraid so.)

The world is f**ked up and it's not because of some mysterious evil people scattered around, it's because of people like hc "fans" of the Sisters.
:?: WTF? This isn't an invitation for you to go off on one of your pseudo-intellectual rants Dei. I was just stating my personal opinion. I don't like it. End of. If you do - I'm very pleased for you.

...and I am the sole cause of the world being screwed up? That makes perfect sense. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
_emma_
Overbomber

Kate Bush.
deadagain
Banned

Kylie worked with Nick Cave, so perhaps Danni would like to work with Eldo?

Or maybe that Geraldine from 'Britains Got The Pop Factor.... ' could do some nice duets with the Goth-father?!
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Lisa Gerrard or Tori Amos please... if one of them is a descent bass-player my vote is on that one..
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i still think he should work with Natalie Imbruglia, though.

Or Laurie Anderson :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

itnAklipse wrote:i still think he should work with Natalie Imbruglia, though.
i really love people trying to tell Von what he should do or shouldn't do with his music. Is this really what internet discussions need to be about?

:innocent: ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:
itnAklipse wrote:i still think he should work with Natalie Imbruglia, though.
i really love people trying to tell Von what he should do or shouldn't do with his music. Is this really what internet discussions need to be about?

:innocent: ;)
Can I just add - the world is f**ked up and it's not because of some mysterious evil people scattered around, it's because of people like itnAklipse - "fans" of the Sisters. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
_emma_
Overbomber

:lol:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Witty.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Isn't hc = hardcore?

Ah well, I'll let you squabble on :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

itnAklipse wrote:Witty.
It was merely meant to reinforce the fact that you are totally barking. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

Kommandok wrote: Azam Ali
:D

or Beth Gibbons. Tori's not a bad choice either, and there's that bit of an Andrew/Tori connection from many years ago.
Left at the dead badger.
mh
Above the Chemist

itnAklipse wrote:The inability of people to move never ceases to amaze me. The unfortunate part is that they wouldn't let others move, either. God, if you lived a little and agreed to move away from your "comfort zone" you might notice it wasn't that comfortable to begin with.

Relaaaaax.

Nobody's telling anybody what to do, it's just a harmless informal discussion, playing a game of "what if". People tend to have these discussions from time to time, not only on the internet but also in real life, and it ain't down to any sad pathetic inability in anybody's life, it's just for the simple innocent reason that some people like having these discussions. Those who don't like it can always ignore it; plenty else going on elsewhere.

It's not as if the Sisters are some great driving force behind events in the world and in people's lives anyway. They're just a rock 'n' roll band, they play concerts (sometimes) and make records (HA!), much the same as any other. I do believe it's called "entertainment", and is a valid use of one's leisure time.

:D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Casar
Road Kill

Agneta Faltskog (ex Abba)
Marie Fredriksson (ex Roxette)

Diamanda Galas.
Some Kind Of Stranger
Road Kill

Nooooooo!!

But if there was a vote directly from Andrew for a choice of female singer, I'd agree with xfloorshowx regarding Lisa Gerrard!
Saw TSOM from Day 1
Re-living is emotional after too many drug fueled years.
Wonder why so many people moan that 8) doesn't talk to you, he used to talk alot to me and friends. :p
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Kommandok suggested:
Also...Lucia Cifarelli(KMFDM). That would rock even more!!
Word! Both are excellent choices... and two of my favorite female rock vocalists.

BTW -- Where is Ms Halliday? There is no more Curve... :(

Still... when I first saw this thread I imagined Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart
(mainly Ann... no XXX factor but great voice) or even Lita Ford! :lol: :wink:

EDIT -- C'mon casar... Diamanda Galas would be way to OTT for the Sisters...
she worked well with John Paul Jones, but is a tour de force in her own right.
That goes for Tori Amos as well. These howling banshees from another
universe play second fiddle to no one. 8)
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
eotunun
Overbomber

deadagain wrote:Kylie worked with Nick Cave, so perhaps Danni would like to work with Eldo?

Or maybe that Geraldine from 'Britains Got The Pop Factor.... ' could do some nice duets with the Goth-father?!
Hm. Why not Kylie herself?
They'd make a pretty couple on stage, and probably end up singing a cover of "True Love" to the g*ffy audience. :lol:
There is shadow under this red rock
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Kommandok wrote:If we are ever graced with another Sisters album...who would make for some nice girly vocals and/or duets?
Teri Nunn..giving it another go?
RIP Ofra Haza..you are so very missed!
I'm gonna throw out Azam Ali(she did vocals for the film, 300).
Also..Lucia Cifarelli(KMFDM). That would rock even more!!
I don't think Sisters need any more vocals, but I absolutely ADORE Azam Ali. Didn't realize she did vocals for 300 (never saw it) but I've got her albums, and albums by her (former?) group, Niyaz.
Llamatron wrote:Tori's not a bad choice either, and there's that bit of an Andrew/Tori connection from many years ago.
:eek: Andrew/Tori connection? How did I miss that?
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
canon docre
Overbomber

Pah Kylie Schmylie - if ever a female singer should sing with Tsom it'd better be Marianne Faithfull. Or that girl that sings on the Lucyfire record "This dollar saved my life at Whitehorse".
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Silver_Owl
The Don

canon docre wrote:Pah Kylie Schmylie - if ever a female singer should sing with Tsom it'd better be Marianne Faithfull. Or that girl that sings on the Lucyfire record "This dollar saved my life at Whitehorse".
She probably smokes more Marlboro Reds than :von: .
So, yes, it would work perfectly Jess. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

:eek: Andrew/Tori connection? How did I miss that?
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... age_id=477

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... age_id=478

Toni Halliday would be cool, but she has her own thing going with Chantelaine right now http://www.myspace.com/chantelainemusic
Last edited by CellThree on 11 Nov 2008, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
24.24.2.489 Deceased