short interview Chris on Live Daily

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

For your personal history folder. nothing new though.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/15173.html
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice! Thanks a lot DD. :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Yes, thank you - something tells me there are one or more surprises waiting along this tour. He says "a bunch" of songs, and to me that's more than Marian and Logic once.

I so hope that he will stay in the Sisters, top guy :notworthy:
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for that :notworthy:

Regarding the comments, I think "Brenda" needs a hug.
Silver_Owl
The Don

"Plus, he's a good looking so and so."
Creep. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote: "a bunch" of songs, and to me that's more than Marian and Logic once. :notworthy:
indeed.. and according to Chriss.. they sound better than ever.. :notworthy:
looking forward to this..
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

All the gigs get bootlegged anyway, so people get to hear new stuff that way.
Tacit approval of weeding?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Rofocale
Road Kill

"Until the music industry gets it head out of its behind and starts moving forward, we'll just keep writing new tunes and playing them at gigs."

I honestly can't see why they don't release it themselves. They have a big fanbase that would buy anything that they would release. They have their own label; they just need to get some kinda distribution deal for the album. How hard can it be? I don't buy this constant remarks about the the music industry being the root of all evil for musicians. TSOM started out as a DIY band, why not pick that up!? Being on a label leads to a heavily decreased income for a band anyway!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

reason why Andrew don;t want to back for DIY is simple, his almost 50yrs old and quite lazy (vide: their website).
and his also perfectionist (vide: reviews of one of current tour gig when :von: was pissed because of light) so he want to have a professional studio with pro equipment and that only can give him a big or major record label with their money.
well now i see that his maybe not lazy but just don't want to waist time and energy for something that might not work on that level as he presumed.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:reason why Andrew don;t want to back for DIY is simple, his almost 50yrs old and quite lazy (vide: their website).
and his also perfectionist (vide: reviews of one of current tour gig when :von: was pissed because of light) so he want to have a professional studio with pro equipment and that only can give him a big or major record label with their money.
well now i see that his maybe not lazy but just don't want to waist time and energy for something that might not work on that level as he presumed.
A good summary, I think.
Rofocale
Road Kill

He might be a perfectionist, but to be able to do a good sounding record today doesn't necessarily include a helluva expensive studio, there are a lot of alternatives out there. The really expensive part can be to hire a top producer, but I’m pretty sure that Von wants to keep the production part for himself.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Funny how people who have nothing to do with music industry have strong opinions of the music industry contrary to those who actually have something to do with it and say there's something wrong with it.

i think it's bloody obvious with the garbage that comes out that music industry is not interested in music but in selling. Music doesn't sell, what sells is anything that pleases the masses. And that's why Idols sell well.

i'm not sure i like the existence of "music industry" on conceptual level, either.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Caravaggio
Road Kill

"English goth band The Sisters of Mercy..."

:wink:
Rofocale
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:Funny how people who have nothing to do with music industry have strong opinions of the music industry contrary to those who actually have something to do with it and say there's something wrong with it.

i think it's bloody obvious with the garbage that comes out that music industry is not interested in music but in selling. Music doesn't sell, what sells is anything that pleases the masses. And that's why Idols sell well.

i'm not sure i like the existence of "music industry" on conceptual level, either.
I've played in a lot of bands over the last 20 years. I play in three today. I've released records over the years. Never had any big success though, ha ha ha. I do know that parts of the music industry sucks, I agree with you at every point, but all I say is that it's possible to go other ways. If Von would have wanted he probably had to. And I don't think he's lazy, not after seeing them tour as much the rescent years.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

itnAklipse wrote:i think it's bloody obvious with the garbage that comes out that music industry is not interested in music but in selling. Music doesn't sell, what sells is anything that pleases the masses. And that's why Idols sell well.
That's why they call it the music industry. :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Rat_Bastard
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:Yes, thank you - something tells me there are one or more surprises waiting along this tour. He says "a bunch" of songs, and to me that's more than Marian and Logic once.
They are probably saving most of them for the European leg of the tour. :p
Buelbringer
Road Kill

Rat_Bastard wrote:
euphoria wrote:Yes, thank you - something tells me there are one or more surprises waiting along this tour. He says "a bunch" of songs, and to me that's more than Marian and Logic once.
They are probably saving most of them for the European leg of the tour. :p
Exactly, that's what we hope overseas :!:
Sexkontakt in http://www.datewelt.info/sex-kontakte/ Württemberg sofort und ohne Umwege mit geilen Hobbyhuren genießen. Melde dich jetzt kostenfrei an.