Sisters Wiki

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Guess no-one minds if I'd put the dates they still have to do in the Gigography already :?:

EDIT: 2006 Dates added (Up til Glasgow)
But who is Jon Langford :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
czuczu
Overbomber

Are there really silver discs of Neon Dream with the second encore? I've never seen one and it doesn't sound like KTS to issue 2 versions of the same boot.

Just for the record - done some Brazil & Deinze '90, Gent & Reading '91 in gigography. Happy to do some more if they're OK
:?:

Edit: Jon Langford played with 'em in the olden days for a couple of shows, there's probably a photo around here somewhere..
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

czuczu wrote:Are there really silver discs of Neon Dream with the second encore? I've never seen one and it doesn't sound like KTS to issue 2 versions of the same boot.

Just for the record - done some Brazil & Deinze '90, Gent & Reading '91 in gigography. Happy to do some more if they're OK
:?:
Look fine to me - keep on doing as much as you like (if anyone doesn't like it they can always go in and edit it - that's the beauty of a wiki).
Big Si
School Bully

Obviousman wrote:But who is Jon Langford :?:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Legendary Leeds bassist from The Mekons/Three Johns, and helped out on bass at a few early gigs. :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/elizabeth. ... ly/mek.htm

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Sorry :oops:

And Thanks :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Filled in a few tracklistings for some of the boots
End of line.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Can a mod on the Wiki PLEASE delete all those pages that spammers use?

It's nbot like anyone needs a page called "Stairway To Heaven (bootleg)?PHPSESSID=16bfe6db53834b6179c5d81eaf7cd5d0".

As per usual, I've removed the spam from the Main Page and Current Events pages, but I can't be bothered to remove spam from pages that don't even need to be there in the first place.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Can a mod on the Wiki PLEASE delete all those pages that spammers use?

It's nbot like anyone needs a page called "Stairway To Heaven (bootleg)?PHPSESSID=16bfe6db53834b6179c5d81eaf7cd5d0".

As per usual, I've removed the spam from the Main Page and Current Events pages, but I can't be bothered to remove spam from pages that don't even need to be there in the first place.
You are now a sysop, so you should be able to do it yourself :wink:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Time to clean up this town. :twisted:
hallucienate
Overbomber

Use your new powers wisely, grasshopper ;)
hallucienate
Overbomber

I've been updating the wiki to the most recent version of the Media Wiki software and made some config changes in the hopes of stopping some of the bloody spammers. Please let me know if you spot anything strange.

There are other options open to me when it comes to killing spam but I don't really want to employ them yet.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've checked the new spamming, I can't delete and block all these IPs at this rate.

The most worrying thing is that they're making pages that could be perfectly valid (tour dates, etc) but they're spam. Force is doing a great job, but it's still too much.

Is there any other method you can use to fix this, Hal?
hallucienate
Overbomber

I've once again updated the wiki software and included a little feature that should help stop those nasty bots by asking people to exercise their brains a little bit. I hope its not too much of a bother for legit users.

Sysops are trusted users but all others will need to confirm their posts by answering a little question.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

added a few lines about mr. marx.

btw:
www.ghostdance.co.uk wrote:Tom [Ashton] also filled in as guitarist for a couple of Sisters live dates circa 1983/84.
any information about this???
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
kerebus
Road Kill

I have a copy of the book "Sisters of Mercy: Life" published by the Italian press "Stampa Alternativa" in about 1988, which includes a gigography with quite a lot of setlists, and a few gigs not listed on the wiki. Would people be happy for me to add the details in? Not sure where the list was sourced from, but the vast majority of the dates are the same.
Don't think the publishers could object given it was a bootleg itself, including lyrics and a live 7".
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Add whatever you want :notworthy:
kerebus
Road Kill

Thanks! I was also going to add some scans of bootleg covers, but when I try I get the following error message:

Fatal error: mime_magic could not be initialized, magic file /usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime is not available in /home/lucwiki/public_html/includes/MimeMagic.php on line 506

er, not sure if the file uploading bit is not working, or whether it is just me...
hallucienate
Overbomber

kerebus wrote:Thanks! I was also going to add some scans of bootleg covers, but when I try I get the following error message:

Fatal error: mime_magic could not be initialized, magic file /usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime is not available in /home/lucwiki/public_html/includes/MimeMagic.php on line 506

er, not sure if the file uploading bit is not working, or whether it is just me...
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeergh. gimme a little while to figure that one out.
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I have added a link under "External Links" to my fan website.
"The Sisters Of Mercy fan site - My Dominion NL"

Later on I will look if I also can put some input into the SistersWiki.

For your information I also put a link to my fan website in the Dutch version of Wikipedia in the Sisters Of Mercy part.
"The Sisters Of Mercy A fan site Nederlands / English"

http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Keep the updates coming.
Josch
Road Kill

added a few tracklists in the bootleg section. If there are mistakes i would be happy, if you could correct my notes.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I went in the other day, there was a load of pr0n-spam on the main page. I reverted it all off though. (I forgot how to work the wiki software at first, and cocked it up a bit, but I got it sorted eventually.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
bookish
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention that when I went in the other day, there was a load of pr0n-spam on the main page. I reverted it all off though. (I forgot how to work the wiki software at first, and cocked it up a bit, but I got it sorted eventually.)
Good work. Sadly its back though.
eotunun
Overbomber

<= This persumptuous little bugger just created an account on the Sisters Wikki and killed some spam.
:innocent:

Edit: Bugger, it's still there. :|
Edit2: Sorted. There used to be some Text in the mainpage I remember. When I killed the spam there, there only were partly broken links and chunks of HTML code. Does anyone have the text that belongs in there on his pooter?
Edit#3: Almost fixed it (only the links for some infos yet are missing) with assistance of Google Cache.
There is shadow under this red rock
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

is the wiki down now? :|

www.sisterswiki.org

afaik its not been up for a week or two...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?