BBC Radio 2 G*th Show

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fh4pv

As its Andrew Collins I'm sure The Sisters will get a mention or two...
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

28 Feb 2009, 19:00 on BBC Radio 2

sweet
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

It'll be nice to have a night in!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

a moron wrote:OK, hands up who was a goth in the 80s. Anyone who had crimped, dyed-black hair or an ironic silver crucifix counts. Well, Andrew Collins was one, even though he pretends not to admit it, and two decades ago there were groups dressed like him loitering in graveyards drinking snakebite in every town. And if you were (or are) among them you'll heartily enjoy this romp back to the days when every alt-rock gig contained a section of bobbing, backcombed barnets. It's easy to poke fun at goth's camp theatrics, and its pasty, po-faced androgyny is not for everyone, but the scene did produce some fine music in its heyday. Contributors, including Peter Hook of Joy Division and Siouxsie "we weren't goths, honest" Sioux, provide the inside story, and tracks by The m*****n, Bauhaus et al add to the atmosphere. Ah, I can almost smell the patchouli.
I love Andrew Collins, I'll also have a copy of this via a certain torrent site ;)
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

a moron wrote:...back to the days when every alt-rock gig contained a section of bobbing, backcombed barnets.
Who says it doesn't anymore? :)

Sounds good!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Doubtless won't listen to this tonight,as I'm off to Nottingham this afto for a p*ss up with the lads,however I will try and catch it on that I player interweb thingy tomorrow.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

Here's the Real audio file:

http://sharebee.com/7e0e3f64

And this is the mp3 converted with Switch, I haven't heard it yet but will probably have a few echo-y bits, but otherwise the quality should be fine.

http://sharebee.com/9f313c96
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well worth a listen- very funny :lol:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
katamishi
Road Kill

Excellent show, thanks and RESPECT Bonksi!
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Usual Andrew Collins stuff IMHO, not taking it all too seriously and covering pretty much everything. Nice to hear Wayne contribute if only for the bad American accent that he does. ;)