2009 March 02 München

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
DaniArrow
Road Kill

Just came back from the Munich Gig, seen the Sisters 3 times before (Event Horizon, Smoke & Mirrors, Bite The Silver Bullet) - this one was definately the best of all the shows I've witnessed, soundwise and musically. The versions of the songs they played seemed closer to the originals but with a cool "new" touch, really well done. The sound (we've been about 5th row right in front of Chris) was pretty good too. Guitars could have been a little louder, but I could hear Andrew well and Avalanche grooved like hell ;-)
Another thing I found real cool was that the shirts were 20,- Euro. Even though that's not cheap, compared to other bands it's a good price. I've paid 30,- for the Motörhead Tour Shirt and even 35,- for a Kiss Tour Shirt.

Setlist:

Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Train / Det
Alice
Flood I
Floorshow
Anaconda
Marian
Susanne
Arms
Dominion
Summer
F+L+A
Corrosion
Flood II
-
Something Fast
Vision Thing
-
Lucretia
Top Nite Out
Temple
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Finally! :lol: Thanks for the rewiew :notworthy:
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
lachert
Overbomber

setlist seems to be crystalized right now.
long live rock'n'roll
DJan
Road Kill

good review, i totally agree.

btw, two of the four logo shirts are sold out. only "lucretia" and "summer" left.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Nice review, sounds like a good show.

No Romeo Down though. :(
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

DJan wrote:good review, i totally agree.

btw, two of the four logo shirts are sold out. only "lucretia" and "summer" left.
Crash & Burn's gone already!?? :eek:

Nooooooo. I hope they're getting some bloody more being printed.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Husek
Slight Overbomber

damn it another gig without giving ground!
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the review! :D

So Good Things really is a Belgium only song....
"as we walk on the floodland"
DaniArrow
Road Kill

Hey I didn't even know there were 4 of those shirts. Summer, Lucretia & ?
Anyway I got a tour shirt, the Lucretia shirt, a beanie and my wife got herself the sweater. Have fun with my money Eldo. ;-)
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:

So Good Things really is a Belgium only song....
Interesting.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

now if they would replace suzanna with good things and something fast with body elmectric then we would have almmost my perfect setlist :-)
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: ;D
MUSICA È
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stefan moermans wrote:body elmectric
Nice title! :wink:

But yeah....now that would be a great surprise! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:body elmectric
Nice title! :wink:

But yeah....now that would be a great surprise! :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

My humble opinion about the Munich concert:

iLiKETRAiNS is the best support band the Sisters ever had (at least the best of those I have seen in the past 19 years). Elegic, hypnotic, sad, but full of energy and dedication. They were well received by the audience and even got a small cheer when the singer said "Wir sind iLiKETRAiNS from Leeds".

Sisters 2009 are in very good shape. They enjoy themselves, and it's fun to watch Chris hopping around like a rubber ball. Von's voice was excellent. I don't know how the sound was at the back, but in the fourth row where I was the guitars were far too low in the mix, the sound was mostly Von and Doktor. Generally it was not very loud, only for the encores they turned up the volume significantly. Don't get me wrong, the sound wasn't bad at all, I only would have turned up the guitars a bit more.

The crowd was reserved in the beginning, but grew more and more enthusiastic during the set. Von laughed out loud when people whistled in tune with the guitar solo in "Something Fast". Of course, there were those "experts" in the crowd, talking all the time, explaining that "they always use a drum machine" and that "Andrew looks completely different than how he used to look" etc. But all in all, it was a very fine concert.
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

:) little sister is back. and to all the people that found my idea to avoid sisters news stupid: it Was worth it - A new song :D

the concert was awesome, me my sister and our friend had a nice spot in the front row and lots of fun. the only bad thing i can say about the concert is that we had some very anoying people behind us and that at the end of the concert some guy who tried to crowd-surf fell on my head.
made in the 80s
Kutan

Then you were obviously standing next to me, because this jerk fell on my head also. At least the security guys were not very friendly to him when they dragged him away. :twisted:
Cyberbio

As usual I expected for Munich a not so good gig, but I was wrong yesterday.

Great crowd, great :von: (despite the fact that St.Pauli lost in Munich the day before...) and again a changing in the setlist. Will post that later.
Last edited by Cyberbio on 03 Mar 2009, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Cyberbio wrote:It seems that I was the only HL there....

As usual I expected for Munich a not so good gig, but I was wrong yesterday.

Great crowd, great :von: (despite the fact that St.Pauli lost in Munich the day before...) and again a changing in the setlist. Will post that later.
:notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

Skip Something Fast altogether and replace F+L+A with Driven Like The Snow.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Little_Sister wrote::) little sister is back. and to all the people that found my idea to avoid sisters news stupid: it Was worth it
its's was a good idea to enjoy more the show but hey i couldn't resist myself to login around here :wink:
DaniArrow
Road Kill

Kutan wrote:My humble opinion about the Munich concert:

iLiKETRAiNS is the best support band the Sisters ever had (at least the best of those I have seen in the past 19 years). Elegic, hypnotic, sad, but full of energy and dedication. They were well received by the audience and even got a small cheer when the singer said "Wir sind iLiKETRAiNS from Leeds".

Sisters 2009 are in very good shape. They enjoy themselves, and it's fun to watch Chris hopping around like a rubber ball. Von's voice was excellent. I don't know how the sound was at the back, but in the fourth row where I was the guitars were far too low in the mix, the sound was mostly Von and Doktor. Generally it was not very loud, only for the encores they turned up the volume significantly. Don't get me wrong, the sound wasn't bad at all, I only would have turned up the guitars a bit more.

The crowd was reserved in the beginning, but grew more and more enthusiastic during the set. Von laughed out loud when people whistled in tune with the guitar solo in "Something Fast". Of course, there were those "experts" in the crowd, talking all the time, explaining that "they always use a drum machine" and that "Andrew looks completely different than how he used to look" etc. But all in all, it was a very fine concert.
Yeah I agree, I Like Trains were really good. The guitars should have been louder, everything should have been louder. Sometimes I was a little bothered by the people that couldn't shut up behind me, or maybe even more by the fact that it wasn't louder than them. But I still had a great time anyway.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote:Andrew in TOP form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKcs0PHfPI0
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't think I've seen him that quite that animated in...well, a very long time.
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Stage presence part II:

Something fast

A shame the camera films Ben during the solo; apparently Andrew started laughing at himself when he stood pointing at Ben ;D

And pure mayhem as usual,
Vision Thing

:notworthy: to the person who posted these videos!
Andi K
Road Kill

Very good concert, indeed! I really didn't expected them being so good anymore! And also a very croweded venue and a very enthusiastic crowd (at least after half of the concert). And they definately played Giving Ground and Good Things. Not sure about Flood 1, though. Must have been something like this, then:

Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Train / Det
Giving Ground
Alice
Good Things
Floorshow
Anaconda
Marian
Susanne
Arms
Dominion