A song you love and a song you hate

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Pinched from elsewhere....!

Quite simple really, put a song that you love explaining why with a link to a YouTube video and a song you really hate explaining why (optional You Tube).

Song I love -
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Reminds me of when black metal was dangerous and people were genuinely a bit scared of it all. This song was written during an exciting time (if that's the right way of putting it!) and the atmosphere of this track gets me every time and I can't imagine any other band ever being able to recreate it :notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnxP4BhNVU8 1st half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erhg7J2E ... re=related 2nd half

(Give it time to get going)

Song I hate-
Anything by Oasis
Just so mediocre and I really can't stand his whining Manchester accent!
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Unfortunately a song I love is Hey God by Bon Jovi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7dNaokNhbw

I love the music in this one, sounds like The Cult on steriods.

A song I hate is Hey God by Bon Jovi

why ?
Jon Bon Jovi is a dick.
mh
Above the Chemist

Cool topic! :notworthy:

A song I love is Assault and Battery/The Golden Void by the one and only Hawkwind - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNCpr2XDDEk

Coolest intro ever, good rhythmic vibe, pretty much captures everything that was great about the classic lineup at full tilt, then goes right into the weird trippy bit.

I hate anything by Coldplay, but I'm gonna plump for Yellow as I had the experience of hearing it recently. Irritating little creep. Ripping off bands like Ride and MBV only makes it worse. No YouTube linky; wouldn't inflict that on youse! ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

mh wrote:A song I love is Assault and Battery/The Golden Void by the one and only Hawkwind
Yep! :notworthy:
I loved bouncing along to that song when I saw them a few years ago
eotunun
Overbomber

Okay, following the into I'll start with Metallll!
I love Behemoth-Conquer All-The first few seconds already tell where the fist is going to land. Great effort by all the musicians involve, an incredibly high degree of coordination between the musicians. :wink:

..while I really hate all the metalbands that try and fail, uncoordinatedly banging on their equipment and merely producing noise.

I love Arms by a band that gets mentioned here occasionally.

I really really hate The Scorpions-Still Loving You. Wholeheartedly. Like mad. Murderously. Blech!

Do I get points off for splitting genres?
There is shadow under this red rock
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i hate madonna and everything marked as new rock revolution and lot of this so called indie bands for both side of the pound. by indie i understood strokes lemonheads, hutureheads kooks and about.
that's what i know for now.

yes i know it's not strict answer for the topic question but at least it's a shot near the target.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I could just say Ribbons which is my favourite song ever.... but,

I'll go for Dario G - Voices (Acoustic Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wga1j6i_eM

If I'm sad & depressed this song makes me smile, feel much better, & makes me think of better places. If I'm already happy it makes me even happier. :D

I have quite a passionate hatred for anything by M People.
That bloody woman's voice drives me insane. :evil:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Big Si
School Bully

Purple Light wrote:I have quite a passionate hatred for anything by M People.
Aye, she sings like Rusty Lee talks! :lol:

A song I love is the criminally ignored 1980's Soul-Funk tune "Reach for Love" by Marcel King 8)

And a song I hate - Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear by The Alan Price Set :evil: :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Purple Light wrote:I have quite a passionate hatred for anything by M People.
Aye, she sings like Rusty Lee talks! :lol:
Or Kermit The Frog :lol:

Love - Sweet Allure by Balligomingo. Is a beautifully bitter-sweet song, defo worth finding.

Hate - too many to mention, but any song that has the snare drum hit on every beat pisses me off for some reason. I'm Your Man by Wham is an example. Proper scarred by that one :urff: :lol:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Love : Frida :there s something going on

Hate :anything by the doors and all kinds of metal related stuff
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Good: He was a Steppenwolf by Boney M. Prostitutes on a Suicide kick. To a disco beat. Genius. :eek:

Bad: David Gray. Nuff Said
The Chancer Corporation
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Umm...let me see...

A song I love: Robert Palmer - Mercy, mercy me :notworthy:

and finally...

A song I hate: ..everything from Madonna.. I hate her so much..sorry.. :evil:
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

I love Balls to the Wall by Accept, as featured in the Wrestler.

I HATE Dancing in the bloody Moonlight by Toploader.
James Blast
Banned

a good one indeed Libs :notworthy:

good: Larks' Tongues in Aspic pt.1 - it sounds... expensive...
bad: Why Does It Always Rain on Me - because you're a wee Weegie drip cunt and yir music's puir depressin' pish! that's why. Now fuck aff!

jist visitin', like
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Casar
Road Kill

I really don´t like the Crowded House - Always Take The Weather With You.
I really don´t like the lines either.

As far as splendour goes there´s The Vulgarians and the song - >"I, The Adversary". And I really like the lines too.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

couldn't possibly single song out that i love but best thing i've found on you tube is in shreds by the chameleons; simply because i haven't heard for nearly twenty years and is rare as fook.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJcy7edd-sY

and without a doubt "loving you (is easy 'cause you're beautiful)" is the song i hate the most, ever. :urff: :urff: :urff: :urff:
and i don't dislike anybody here enough to inflict that on them so here's siouxsie and the banshees doing scarecrow which i love so much it hurts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC-a1KI47-Y
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
mh
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:siouxsie and the banshees doing scarecrow which i love so much it hurts.

Y'know man, that gets a MAJOR :notworthy: from me! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I love : The Mello Hippo Disco Show by The Amorphous Androgynous

I hate : Anything by Henry Rollins
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Hexe Luciferia

Loves: Lagartija Nick - Bauhaus (I love everything from them actually...)
Hates: the list is long. For today I'll just pick: everything from f*****g Blink 182...
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

mh wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:siouxsie and the banshees doing scarecrow which i love so much it hurts.

Y'know man, that gets a MAJOR :notworthy: from me! :D
i've always loved siouxsie but recently (since reading the authorized biography -well worth getting as the whole book is written in direct quotes from the band/entourage) i have fallen in love with her/them all over again, almost to obsession point. would so have liked to have seen them more than the once, especially as the night i saw them back in '88 was also the night i had the strongest most intense lsd trip ever and have great memories of the venue ceiling and litle else.

siouxsie sioux: proibably the finest woman i've never married. :cry: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DeWinter

Love: Fields of the Nephilim: "Sumerland".
Just listen to it. Wipes the floor with what the SOM were producing at the time, vocally and musically, which leads to ..
Hate: The Sisters of Mercy: "When you can't see me".
I suspect the reason Eldritch stopped wearing those aviator shades was because they cracked after he fell flat on his face attempting to break the American market with bad cock-rock like this. It even has a singalong chorus and one of those "audience clap-along" bits!!

In order to balance things though, I have to say anything TSOM have produced is better than "Mourning Sun", which is overblown poop.
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hate - Alan parson Project - eye in the sky (REALLY
passionately)
Love - Flood II
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard