04.04.2009 Zagreb Croatia - POSTPONED

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
_emma_
Overbomber

A Slight Tolchock please post more often, I already love you. :D

As already mentioned - there was No Barrier at this gig. :notworthy: We stood directly by the stage, and when Chris and Ben did the usual over-the-speakers step forward, we had to snatch our bags so that they wouldn't step on them. :lol: Soo cool! This is a perfect combination: no barrier, plus Andrew in the kind of mood in which he was during that gig (from the very start: smiling, leaning towards us, making lots of cool poses and gestures, some of which were rather lascivious oh yes :lol: :notworthy:, and he also said some things in between songs, though as usually when he says something, it's too quick and too quiet to understand).
Stonking, amazing, wonderful! :notworthy:

As for Far Parade, I knew it wouldn't be played, I mean I was about 99% sure it wouldn't. Having the lyrics on the official site is enough for now. The Sisters don't tend to give everything at once, do they. My guess is that we will hear it live in about 2 years, it will be recorded and released in 10 years, and 30 years later our grandchildren will discover a demo with full lyrics that will unravel the true meaning of the song *). :D

*) which is probably much simpler than we suppose. :wink:
Being645
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote:A Slight Tolchock please post more often, I already love you. :D

As already mentioned - there was No Barrier at this gig. :notworthy: We stood directly by the stage, and when Chris and Ben did the usual over-the-speakers step forward, we had to snatch our bags so that they wouldn't step on them. :lol: Soo cool! This is a perfect combination: no barrier, plus Andrew in the kind of mood in which he was during that gig (from the very start: smiling, leaning towards us, making lots of cool poses and gestures, some of which were rather lascivious oh yes :lol: :notworthy:, and he also said some things in between songs, though as usually when he says something, it's too quick and too quiet to understand).
Stonking, amazing, wonderful! :notworthy:
Oh yes, I've been so glad to only hear about it - you've been there ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
It must have been wonderful.
As for Far Parade, I knew it wouldn't be played, I mean I was about 99% sure it wouldn't. Having the lyrics on the official site is enough for now. The Sisters don't tend to give everything at once, do they. My guess is that we will hear it live in about 2 years, it will be recorded and released in 10 years, and 30 years later our grandchildren will discover a demo with full lyrics that will unravel the true meaning of the song. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: quite presumably so ...
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

love is just a shot away
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

lovely pics, thanks! :D :notworthy: :notworthy:

but what on earth is going on in the first photo? :eek: :?
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

LouLou wrote:
lovely pics, thanks! :D :notworthy: :notworthy:

but what on earth is going on in the first photo? :eek: :?
the roadie brought a different mic - listen to the recording, missing the first few words
love is just a shot away
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

here we video-go again:
nokia n95, thatfor real good video & good audio, part 1 to the middle of part 2 from 3 row, end of part 2 in the middle, part 3 in the back.

files are original mp4 mono, additionally you'l find the edited audio files to merge with the vids - i do have time shifts when merging which i could not solve so far.

as a practical contribution to the sound discussion - have a listen to the particular change in the sound mix while moving back in part 2 during filming

enjoy

part 1: marian (cut) suzanne arms gg
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RHWTMR10

part 2: fla (cut) corrosion fl2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TF1GRRIV

part 3a: romeo (cut) vision lucy tno temple (cut)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3GLYZ3X

part 3b: (after battery change): temple
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KOKQLH8L

part x: audio remastered mp3 - for all the nerds out there. otherwise don't forget eggis full audio recording
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NOVB3DTB

it sounded much better live in the venue, which is no surprise
Last edited by jost 7 on 30 Apr 2009, 10:03, edited 2 times in total.
love is just a shot away
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

jost 7 wrote:
...enjoy...
Oh yes, I will. Thanks so much. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Back in time

@jost 7: Next time I will keep my hands down.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Back in time wrote:@jost 7: Next time I will keep my hands down.
you played a dominant role of course ;-)
love is just a shot away
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh, thank you Jost 7. Downloading now. 8) :notworthy:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

thanks jost 7!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Back in time

It looks like my obession is becoming a serious problem or to translate "I just saw another gig critic". What fascinates me is that people that are going to concert in order to fulfill their professional duty or so called journalists always amaze me with the superficial approach they apply. They are always amazed by "so much smoke", by "the lights oriented towards the audience", by "no communication with the audience" - this is normal for last 20 and more years, just if someone had 10 minutes to check the internet and do some investigation and there would be no surprises.
On the other hand, to be fair, I have to say that according to the last article I saw "the sound was perfect" and "performance was impeccable" :!:
Back in time

This is my last post about journalist, but if you did not know Sisters are a "GOTH METAL" band.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Back in time wrote:This is my last post about journalist, but if you did not know Sisters are a "GOTH METAL" band.
why, of course they are!

shame on you for ever having doubted that! :roll: ;D

seriously though, it could have been worse. could easily have been "symphonic gothic metal", for instance.

brrr! :urff:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Back in time wrote:It looks like my obession is becoming a serious problem or to translate "I just saw another gig critic". What fascinates me is that people that are going to concert in order to fulfill their professional duty or so called journalists always amaze me with the superficial approach they apply. They are always amazed by "so much smoke", by "the lights oriented towards the audience", by "no communication with the audience" - this is normal for last 20 and more years, just if someone had 10 minutes to check the internet and do some investigation and there would be no surprises.
no wonder they have this in the "dear doktor" section:
Dear Doktor, I am unattractiv, sexually immachure, lazy, stupid and meen. What career would sute me best?

Journalism.

If you fail there, try music journalism.
;D ;D :notworthy:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Dear Doktor, I am unattractiv, sexually immachure, lazy, stupid and meen. What career would sute me best?

Journalism.

Still altogether too true - most of them are taking out their frustration at being talentless gits themselves on those who are talented - unless they're the slobbering sycophants who are trying to ingratiate themselves sufficiently that they'll get to pretend they're on the same level. Or the fcuking elitists who thrive on ferreting out new bands and then savaging them as soon as they've gotten successful enough to quit their days jobs - that's 'selling out', you know. :evil:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

7anthea7 wrote:

Journalism.

Still altogether too true - most of them are taking out their frustration at being talentless gits themselves on those who are talented - unless they're the slobbering sycophants who are trying to ingratiate themselves sufficiently that they'll get to pretend they're on the same level. Or the fcuking elitists who thrive on ferreting out new bands and then savaging them as soon as they've gotten successful enough to quit their days jobs - that's 'selling out', you know. :evil:
very well said! :notworthy:

would they be the same ones as those that glorify the tin-eared, cookie-cutter wannabe's to the point of stardom in the mtv-dominated realm of mediocre, ear raping cacophony? :evil:

or is there an "international code of music journo nomenclature" for the grouping of the pesky critters into well-defined - yet equally despicable - subspecies?
Ocean Moves

Back in time wrote:This is my last post about journalist, but if you did not know Sisters are a "GOTH METAL" band.
If you insist; They bastardized one of them and spawned the other.

I'm hoping that's what you meant. :urff:
A Slight Tolchock
Road Kill

Thank you very much for the videos. :notworthy: They're quite amazing!!!
jost 7 wrote:here we video-go again:
nokia n95, thatfor real good video & good audio, part 1 to the middle of part 2 from 3 row, end of part 2 in the middle, part 3 in the back.
Interesting: while you were shooting part 1 to the middle of part 2 I was standing (Standing? Hardly. Jumping and acting like a lunatic is more like it :P) right to your left! Dead center, staring at Andrew. You may have noticed a kid wearing the Mechanised Europe Two Thousand And Nine t-shirt with a mohawk hairstyle (many people have :D)- that's my little brother and I was the short-haired guy with the little beard looking after him. We both jumped and sang (screamed actually :P) like maniacs most of the time.

It feels almost as if your videos were shot from my point of view :)
_emma_
Overbomber

A Slight Tolchock wrote:You may have noticed a kid wearing the Mechanised Europe Two Thousand And Nine t-shirt with a mohawk hairstyle (many people have :D)- that's my little brother and I was the short-haired guy with the little beard looking after him. We both jumped and sang (screamed actually :P) like maniacs most of the time.
Oh. Hello!
:D :D :D *waves*
Being645
Above the Chemist

enjoy

part 1: marian (cut) suzanne arms gg
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RHWTMR10
wow, thank you, Andrew ... this is the closest version of Suzanne ever since ... the closest version ever possible in reflection, I think.
... and Arms ... thank you :).. [and the order :)
part 2: fla (cut) corrosion fl2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TF1GRRIV
:cry: :cry: :cry: never, :cry: :cry: :cry: never, I will never be able to sing this corrosion to you, never, :cry: :cry: :cry:, not this way. I can't.
So thanks to all those who can.

And thanks :cry: :cry: ... for Flood II ...:cry: :cry: and never ever the way we had it in between, please ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gotta leave now for a few hours. Watch parts 3a and b later.

Uncountable thanks to Jost 7
Being645
Above the Chemist

part 3a: romeo (cut) vision lucy tno temple (cut)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3GLYZ3X
Romeo Down - Vision Thing ... ohhh ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... Andrew, until today, I 've never heard you sing it the way

I heard sing you it on my mind ... before s**t happened :oops: :oops: :oops: ...

... and this is even more than that ... like a bit of a healing ... Thank you ... :oops:

I wish I could have been there.
But then, it might never have happened ... :cry: :cry:, I'm afraid ...

Thanks to everybody who's been there. :oops: :notworthy:

Lucretia :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: and :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: . . . and ... yeah, play it guys!!!, Top Nite Out :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
part 3b: (after battery change): temple
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KOKQLH8L
it sounded much better live in the venue, which is no surprise
Thank you, Jost for this ... now I gotta have a listen to Eggi's generous deliveries ... :notworthy: :notworthy:
Back in time

A Slight Tolchock wrote:Thank you very much for the videos. :notworthy: They're quite amazing!!!
Interesting: while you were shooting part 1 to the middle of part 2 I was standing (Standing? Hardly. Jumping and acting like a lunatic is more like it :P) right to your left! Dead center, staring at Andrew. You may have noticed a kid wearing the Mechanised Europe Two Thousand And Nine t-shirt with a mohawk hairstyle (many people have :D)- that's my little brother and I was the short-haired guy with the little beard looking after him. We both jumped and sang (screamed actually :P) like maniacs most of the time.

It feels almost as if your videos were shot from my point of view :)
You are right, it is easy to remember your haircut . You were standing next to me and jost 7 was standing behind me. :wink:
Back in time

Being645 wrote: ... like a bit of a healing ...
Yes, a real healing.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

A Slight Tolchock wrote:...Standing? Hardly. Jumping and acting like a lunatic is more like it :P ...We both jumped and sang (screamed actually :P) like maniacs most of the time.
Sounds like perfectly rational behaviour under the circumstances to me. :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim