the sounds of hell

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
TomK
Road Kill

Hey there chumps. I haven't posted in a while, but I've been listening to First and Last and Always a bit of late so I thought I'd drop back for a bit... so what have I got for myself...

Apparently there's this audio tape going around that was recorded from some Siberan mine shaft that picked up the sounds of tormented souls in hell. It sounds like a load of BS if you ask me, but anyway I uploaded a sound sample and a radio broadcast about it on my music page 'Screams of the Hearth' for others to make up there own mind about it:

Thomas of the H'armageddon
http://www.myspace.com/thejesusandmarygirl

Am not sure if people here are into basement recordings, but some tunes of mine to share there too, I've been told that my 'I'm Not Your Archangel Now' song sounds a bit SOM meets early Beck or something like that...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Er what? As I recall, the "Russian scientists record hell" story was originally produced by that paragon of journalistic integrity and truth, the Weekly World News.

*OK, maybe not originally from WWN then: http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Sounds of hell. Any Irish or British city 2am after the clubs close... ;D And David Gray.
The Chancer Corporation
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

The only 'Screams of the Hearth' you get round Winston towers are when I've had too much Armagnac & fall into the fireplace.
I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside.
James Blast
Banned

the sound of hell, that'll be Travis
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:the sound of hell, that'll be Travis
And here was me thinking you'd say...

RUNRIG!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
James Blast
Banned

Ochone! Ochone! you mentioned "The Scottish Band"!

We're doomed.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
TomK
Road Kill

No no you haven't, The Scottish Band incorporates William and Jim Reid... no one mentioned those maestros of hellish feedback just yet. Though in this case, I mean hellish in a good way... 8)

There's no heaven like hell.
James Blast
Banned

eh... point missed, think MacBeth
~ Peter Steele
TomK
Road Kill

Is this a dagger I see before me? Nope, didn't miss the point at all, just looking at things a different way....