the personality

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Is there an inner sanctum in HL that I'm not aware of?

I don't want an invite or nuffink coz its bound to be boring :wink:

As for Wayne and 'Dritch ( :lol: ) they are free to pop round my gaff any time and help me burn my decking

Shame there seems to be a problem between them after all this time

:urff:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

DeWinter wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Karst wrote:I just love it when Scots slug it out in public. It's a bit like them trying to qualify for the World Cup...;0
We usually manage it. It's just in the first round that we embarrass ourselves. At least we don't burst into tears on the pitch.
It is pretty embarrassing seeing English players do that when they lose the inevitable penalty shoot-out. Save the bursting into tears for the national balance sheet. Saving Scotland's banks cost a teensy bit..
True, although I think quite a few countries' banks had problems.

But just in case my tone has been misconstrued, let's be clear that I was joking there and not interested in any brawling.
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
_emma_ wrote:If it's true I think it's hilarious. :D 8) :notworthy:
I couldn't agree more! :lol:

:von:
Hej, Ozpat, I really missed disagreeing with you :notworthy:
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I missed the brawl as well, it seems. Interesting that whenever someone opines that maybe Eldritch has been rather lazy in the recording AND releasing records department that there is always someone ready to point out that "he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, blah, blah, blah".

I think we understand that, thanks.

A new Magna Carta exclusively devoted to TSOM notwithstanding, I think we are all well aware that it's his right to do whatever he damn well pleases in regards to his own life, Sisters included.

Just as it is ours to regularly show our discontent with his decision to not release a new Sisters record, if we are so inclined.

The question of who's right is it to express their opinion is rather silly isn't it? - as long as it's not attempting to take away some other persons same right.

As far as who is made into a scarecrow to be knocked down easily by another, i.e. - who does or does not "contribute" to this forum, well that's an equally silly way of approaching someone with a differing opinion don't ye think?

Ad hoc, straw man - such lovely debating styles.

I for one think AE is either too much of a perfectionist or he's too busy with OTHER things.

Obviously if he wanted the fans of his music to know about such OTHER things he does with his time, he would have told us long long ago.

As Taz and Goodguy would ask:
"When's dinner?"

I for one am here to find out when dinner will be served. My guess is that if he ever makes a new album he also plans on releasing, someone here will know about it first.
"... because we're that kind of people."
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

so wayne and andrew fell out and wayne likes to keep harping on about it every so often (no doubt so he can mention TSOM and gain a bit of credibility in the process) but people do fall out and loose touch - just because they once were in TSOM together doesn't mean they have to make up or spend any time with each other now.

nor does it call for anyone to start calling Von a C**T!!

totally out of order and uncalled for :evil:
Big Si
School Bully

Debi wrote:so wayne and andrew fell out and wayne likes to keep harping on about it every so often (no doubt so he can mention TSOM and gain a bit of credibility in the process) but people do fall out and loose touch - just because they once were in TSOM together doesn't mean they have to make up or spend any time with each other now.

But he is one, in fact he's an 'orrible Kant! :wink: ;D

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debi wrote:so wayne and andrew fell out and wayne likes to keep harping on about it every so often
I don't think he does. The quote that started this thread was only in response to persistent rumours about a reunion. I don't think Wayne has said anything much else about Von for many years except occasionally to mention how much he enjoyed his time in the Sisters.

The only people who harp on about it are fans who won't let it lie.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

stufarq wrote:
Debi wrote:so wayne and andrew fell out and wayne likes to keep harping on about it every so often
I don't think he does. The quote that started this thread was only in response to persistent rumours about a reunion. I don't think Wayne has said anything much else about Von for many years except occasionally to mention how much he enjoyed his time in the Sisters.

The only people who harp on about it are fans who won't let it lie.
i agree.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You wouldn't let it lie!

You wouldn't let it lie!

You wouldn't let me let it lie!

etc.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Of course! They should sort it out by hitting each other with frying pans and hammers!

Fiend, you're a genius!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The final answer to "What's on the end of the stick, Vic?"

"That Guitarist" :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Debi wrote:so wayne and andrew fell out and wayne likes to keep harping on about it every so often (no doubt so he can mention TSOM and gain a bit of credibility in the process) but people do fall out and loose touch - just because they once were in TSOM together doesn't mean they have to make up or spend any time with each other now.

But he is one, in fact he's an 'orrible Kant! :wink: ;D

Actually, THIS is a horrible Kant:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel,

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away--
Half a crate of whisky every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle.
Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And René Descartes was a drunken fart.
'I drink, therefore I am.'

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker,
But a bugger when he's pissed.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:Image

and:
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

First Approved Derail in history!

Carry On, etc.

8)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

not so long ago i hit derail at first comment to the thread when i was taking care of one of us health. ;D :oops:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

HL in full effect ;D
—Bertrand Russell