•••Krautrock Sampler NOT!•••

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

9pm - 10pm Friday 23 Oct 09 - that's tomorrow folks
Documentary which looks at how a radical generation of musicians created a new German musical identity out of the cultural ruins of war.
Between 1968 and 1977 bands like Neu!, Can, Faust and Kraftwerk would look beyond western rock and roll to create some of the most original and uncompromising music ever heard. They shared one common goal - a forward-looking desire to transcend Germany's gruesome past - but that didn't stop the music press in war-obsessed Britain from calling them Krautrock.

Ja ja, I'll be 'discking' it :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:Image

9pm - 10pm Friday 23 Oct 09 - that's tomorrow folks
Documentary which looks at how a radical generation of musicians created a new German musical identity out of the cultural ruins of war.
Between 1968 and 1977 bands like Neu!, Can, Faust and Kraftwerk would look beyond western rock and roll to create some of the most original and uncompromising music ever heard. They shared one common goal - a forward-looking desire to transcend Germany's gruesome past - but that didn't stop the music press in war-obsessed Britain from calling them Krautrock.

Ja ja, I'll be 'discking' it :D
Kraftwerk live from 2004 are on afterwards too :von:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Spooky - I have just been listening to Cluster & Eno
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
esox
Road Kill

Cheers, Recorder set for BBC4. Just been 'introduced' to Feindflug, and without remembering any German from school I still feel like I've lost a pound and found a penny. Not a disimilar feeling from listening to Joy Division....
Silver_Owl
The Don

Cool. I thought I'd missed it. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hopefully it will show up on torrent sites or similar.
James Blast
Banned

which bit of
I wrote:Ja ja, I'll be 'discking' it :D
didn't you understand ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
despair

oops :lol: :D
Big Si
School Bully

Now that were rather guid 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

:eek: :eek: :eek: Astonishing! :eek: :eek: :eek:

this is where the Beeb excel, Edgar, Klaus, Holger and even Damo! fair did my heart guid :D

update:
I'm on this Kraftwerk bollix now, really not enjoying it but since I said I'd 'disk it' I'm lumbered :|
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

KW = Boring Bunch of Krautish ARSE! Next!
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:KW = Boring Bunch of Krautish ARSE! Next!
I think you mean NAECHSTE! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:Ja ja, I'll be 'discking' it :D
I hope I can look forward to that? :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Big Si
School Bully

Obviousman wrote:
James Blast wrote:Ja ja, I'll be 'discking' it :D
I hope I can look forward to that? :innocent:
From Another Forum wrote:The good news is that it's available in wmv format on iPlayer. It's a piece of p*** to crack the DRM on those files, so I should be able to convert them to avi or mpg & upload to megaupload or rapidshare.
Just requires drmdbg & FreeMe2 to find the drm keys and strip the protection from the wmv file.

There's a utility on this website that will download any iPlayer program that's available in .mov format for iPhones ("More Downloads"/"Portable Devices" under the download link). Just copy & paste the url of the program on iPlayer into it and away you go.
:wink: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Sounds good! :D Though one needs to be in the UK for that, and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to know how to fiddle with IPs and stuff like that... :(
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

so I still have my uses? ;D
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

You always do :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Big Si
School Bully

Obviousman wrote:Sounds good! :D Though one needs to be in the UK for that, and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to know how to fiddle with IPs and stuff like that... :(
From Another Forum wrote:I've got these downloaded, and the DRM cracked. Also have "Synth Britannia" downloading right now, along with a 4 part radio show about electronic music. I'm off out for most of the day, but I'll try to get them uploaded when I have the time.
Any preferences on video formats? They're in wmv at the moment, but I can probably convert them to avi, mpg, DivX, etc.
:wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
despair

James Blast wrote:so I still have my uses? ;D
Yes, absolutely!
James Blast
Banned

Just rewatched the doc., there was so much for an auld 'head' like me to take in - it's far from definitive but by Gawd is it interesting and informative - a triumph!
-Blaast!, The Grauniad

as an experiment I recorded it onto disk at LP - that way I get 4hrs out of a disk rather than 2 and, having rewatched it I can say with hand on heart that there is no visible drop off in Sound and Vision

see what I did there? ;D

I tried to watch Kraftwerk Live again, I couldn't even last 10mins :|
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

It was a cracking good watch. Thanks Si. :notworthy:

While I agree with the right honourable gentleman about the Kraftwerk gig - their early stuff sounded great. I'd never heard that before. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Thanks Si indeed, excellent stuff :D :notworthy:

@Hom: If you like that early KW stuff, check out their first: Organisation - Tone Float. Masterpiece alert!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

seems I am redundant... :|

Lisa Gerrard docu, any one?
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:seems I am redundant... :|

Lisa Gerrard docu, any one?
The links I sent the ladz are wee iPod sized movies :wink:

If ye've got a spare DVD this friday, am sure it's worth a pint or two, no? :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

FACT!

BTW, I padded the disk out with a Ray Mear's Extreme Knitting programme, is that fine? :lol:
~ Peter Steele