BNP opens mouth, inserts foot. Again.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i know its not big or clever, but neither are the bnp, so hey ho :D :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:Apparently the show got 8 million viewers, the BNP's website has double the hits it usually does, and their membership has increased overnight.
So the lynch mob made Griffin look like the underdog, and the public have responded as they tend to do in this country to that. What a f*cking farce.
Way to rain on my parade. So much for...
I wrote:the end for the BNP as a serious political force
:roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Look why have the BNP got more votes than ever in their history. Simple the British people in general are fed up with too many immigrants coming over to live here, yes we should take foreigners in to live here, but only if we needed or wanted them for their skills.

Take Japan for example,.If anyone decided they would want to live in Japan, you would have to have a degree,to work there, or something Japan wanted of you. Well i think that's fair enough, as you would be contributing to that country, no one calls Japan racist of course not, and before anyone starts on me, sadly i have voted for Labour all my life. People of this country are fed up with all the main stream party's, and fed up with too many imigrant's coming over for a free ride.

If the Labour party or the Tories for that matter promised to put a stop to this, the BNP would not be as popular, and rightly so, just seems all the major party's are too cowardly to confront this problem, which makes too many ordinary voters switch their vote to the BNP.

Having said that papers like the Sun ,and Daily Mail for months, do go overboard slagging the immigrants of non stop, rightly so in most cases, but they then have the cheek to condeme the BNP. They the papers have more than anyone made people vote for the BNP, then they tell us to vote Tory, who would, win hands down anyway in the next election, if they had the guts to adress this issue.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Pista
Cureboi

@Hunslet Ramone.

Where did you learn grammar?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mistressteal
Road Kill

@Hom_Corleone - especially for you - what a babe(?!)

James Blast
Banned

well I would
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

Does the appeal of the BNP really lie in (what seems to be) their crude anti-immigrant sentiment, or are people attracted to it simply because they're the only ones (gross generalization based on my ignorance of UK politics) willing to admit that multi-culturalism (as opposed to cultural assimilation) brings some problems with it and that the "British" way of life might be defensible?

I'm not defending them, it's a sincere question from a foreign devil.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
mistressteal
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:well I would
Is it the beige polyester jacket, the toothy grin, the vague smell of curry or perhaps the unelected airhead pontification that does it for you? :|
Pista
Cureboi

mistressteal wrote:
Is it the beige polyester jacket, the toothy grin, the vague smell of curry or perhaps the unelected airhead pontification that does it for you? :|
Oh dear.
*steps out for a moment*
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

that wasn't very nice, now was it? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:that wasn't very nice, now was it? :|
No it wasn't.
sultan2075 wrote:Does the appeal of the BNP really lie in (what seems to be) their crude anti-immigrant sentiment, or are people attracted to it simply because they're the only ones (gross generalization based on my ignorance of UK politics) willing to admit that multi-culturalism (as opposed to cultural assimilation) brings some problems with it and that the "British" way of life might be defensible?

Since you ask, I think that for the "core support" -- the Neo-Nazi thugs that are actually activists, members, etc. -- it's the first. The casual BNP voter probably the second.
Last edited by markfiend on 24 Oct 2009, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

On the other hand, we'll never know how many people were put off the BNP by his performance on Question Time. I suspect for a lot of people he was confirming their prejudices and by and large those people are beyond hope anyway.
sultan2075 wrote:Does the appeal of the BNP really lie in (what seems to be) their crude anti-immigrant sentiment, or are people attracted to it simply because they're the only ones (gross generalization based on my ignorance of UK politics) willing to admit that multi-culturalism (as opposed to cultural assimilation) brings some problems with it and that the "British" way of life might be defensible?

I do think this is at least partly true. The parties have been woefully cowardly to talk about the issues inherent to multicultuarism. For whatever reason, all the other parties seem to be scared to talk about it at all. To say that there are no problems is simply not true. As far as I can tell, immigration these days is very different from when my parents moved here. When my parents moved here there was a willingness to integrate with society. They wanted to be 'British' and they made an effort to get involved in the community. In contrast, today's immigrants seem to be happier to create their own communities and not bother with the rest of Britain around them. Of course this can also be seen as a good thing - people should after all not be made to assimilate. For me, it's a just a question of basic respect though. It's 'nice' to speak English in England. It's nice to look for what we have it in common rather than our differences all the time... Still, maybe this is just because people give less of a f**k about each other generally these days!

You're not even supposed to say there is such a thing as being English these days. Of course there is and it's obvious to anyone who is an 'outsider'.

And that's to say nothing of the problem of the growth of Islam in a country that is almost completely secular. Of course, you're not supposed to say Islam is nonsense these days... (as is every other religion by the way).
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

mistressteal wrote:
And in a discussion on racism too...
GC
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
mistressteal wrote:
And in a discussion on racism too...
Griffin probably had a vague smell of fish and chips about him..
GC
Slight Overbomber

Back to the discussion at hand. Islam as a 'problem' has largely been ignored in mainstream politics. The BNP is of course to extreme for most voters, the Geert Wilders approach in Holland is much more likely to succeed. More liberal than the BNP but nevertheless openly anti-muslim the PVV is likely to become the biggest party in the next election. This just demonstrates how important these issues are to western voters.
Pista
Cureboi

There really is fcuk all wrong with Islam.
It's just the loonies who think it's a cool thing to wear an explosive fashion statement that make it look bad.

As an atheist, I don't really get it though.
Sorry :|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GC
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:There really is fcuk all wrong with Islam.
It's just the loonies who think it's a cool thing to wear an explosive fashion statement that make it look bad.

As an atheist, I don't really get it though.
Sorry :|
Womens rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, censorship, regressive etc
Pista
Cureboi

another missed apostrophe.

mmmmmm

:P
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Gollum's Cock wrote:Womens rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, censorship, regressive etc
I'm so happy our country does allow for all these rights! Although when coming out into the open about a certain opinion men have been known to be killed for it which is not too good.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

mistressteal wrote:Is it the beige polyester jacket, the toothy grin, the vague smell of curry or perhaps the unelected airhead pontification that does it for you? :|
Ah, this would be the intelligent repartee you mentioned a few posts back, would it? How about telling us what gets you all hot for ol' Nazi Nick, eh? The overwhelming smell of s**t around him whenever he crawls out of his sewer to spew out his poison perhaps? Your posts have indicated which side of the debate you sit on and you clearly have a problem with the way your goose-stepping beloved was treated by those nasty liberals on Question Time. You're obviously entitled to your opinions but let me spell it out for you, Eva: as soon as these opinions are expressed in the form of the quote above, you reveal yourself to be a scumbag of the lowest order, so why don't you scuttle back to Stormfront or wherever you came from where your racist filth might be better appreciated than here?
Pista
Cureboi

metal on metal wrote:
mistressteal wrote:Is it the beige polyester jacket, the toothy grin, the vague smell of curry or perhaps the unelected airhead pontification that does it for you? :|
Ah, this would be the intelligent repartee you mentioned a few posts back, would it? How about telling us what gets you all hot for ol' Nazi Nick, eh? The overwhelming smell of s**t around him whenever he crawls out of his sewer to spew out his poison perhaps? Your posts have indicated which side of the debate you sit on and you clearly have a problem with the way your goose-stepping beloved was treated by those nasty liberals on Question Time. You're obviously entitled to your opinions but let me spell it out for you, Eva: as soon as these opinions are expressed in the form of the quote above, you reveal yourself to be a scumbag of the lowest order, so why don't you scuttle back to Stormfront or wherever you came from where your racist filth might be better appreciated than here?
play nice now.
:roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Let's have a friendly reminder that here on HL we don't like discriminating of any kind and that we shouldn't go ape-s**t on someone that has made such a remark as to destroy a thread on HL that has a factor of discussing please.

Mark has warned already and let's just now leave it alone and carry on..
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

I like curry, love it in FACT!
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:I like curry, love it in FACT!
I would kill for a veggie curry now! FACT!
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

any race/creed/color that can invent curry are the supreme beings of the universe IMHO :D
~ Peter Steele