--=•+MIDDINia ALERT+•=--

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Thu 4 Mar 2010, 23:00, BBC Four

A film that documents the first leg of Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back in Time world tour, which took them 50,000 miles around the planet playing 23 concerts on five continents in just 45 days.
One of the stars of the movie is the customised Boeing 757, Ed Force One, which carried the band, their crew and 12 tons of stage equipment and was piloted by airline captain and Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dick-less-son.
The film gives a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at what happened on and off stage, when Maiden gave full access to a camera crew for the first time, and contains some of the most spectacular live footage yet seen of the band.
Taking the viewer from Bombay to Santiago, LA to Sydney, Tokyo to San Paolo and all points between, through exhaustion and fan pandemonium, travelling with band and crew on the plane, to and from shows, in the bar and during leisure time, this really is Access All Areas.

Phew! Rock 'n' Roll!!!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:Thu 4 Mar 2010, 23:00, BBC Four

A film that documents the first leg of Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back in Time world tour, which took them 50,000 miles around the planet playing 23 concerts on five continents in just 45 days.
One of the stars of the movie is the customised Boeing 757, Ed Force One, which carried the band, their crew and 12 tons of stage equipment and was piloted by airline captain and Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dick-less-son.
The film gives a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at what happened on and off stage, when Maiden gave full access to a camera crew for the first time, and contains some of the most spectacular live footage yet seen of the band.
Taking the viewer from Bombay to Santiago, LA to Sydney, Tokyo to San Paolo and all points between, through exhaustion and fan pandemonium, travelling with band and crew on the plane, to and from shows, in the bar and during leisure time, this really is Access All Areas.

Phew! Rock 'n' Roll!!!
Mr. Blast, sir, was this said tour in 1995?

If so we saw them live in JHB and that was indeed rock 'n roll! :notworthy:

*edit ~ I don't get BBC four so if some kind soul could record it for me please? I will be forever grateful. :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

nope and Get Bent! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
GC
Slight Overbomber

I saw them on the last leg of the tour, and they were ckin brill. I'm not even that big a fan.

@Mad. Butt (sorry could n't resist the afkorting :lol: ) You were only two hours and 13 years away . Assen NL (2008)
mh
Above the Chemist

It's something like this that positively demands an official DVD release. Cheesecake 80s metal at it's finest. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
GC
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:It's something like this that positively demands an official DVD release. Cheesecake 80s metal at it's finest. :notworthy:
It is, FLIGHT 666 (what a title, what a band)
Big Si
School Bully

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r600m

Heavy Metal Britannia - Friday 9pm BBC 4
Nigel Planer narrates a documentary which traces the origins and development of British heavy metal from its humble beginnings in the industrialised Midlands to its proud international triumph.

;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

MadameButterfly wrote:

Phew! Rock 'n' Roll!!!

*edit ~ I don't get BBC four so if some kind soul could record it for me please? I will be forever grateful. :D
1995 could have been the Tenth Anniversary Celebration Tour for that album, yes ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Silver_Owl
The Don

Big Si wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r600m

Nigel Planer narrates a documentary which traces the origins and development of British heavy metal from its humble beginnings in the industrialised Midlands to its proud international triumph.

;D
You can count me in. :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:

Phew! Rock 'n' Roll!!!

1995 could have been the Tenth Anniversary Celebration Tour for that album, yes ;)

IZ.
Oh thanks IZ. yeah Tenth Anniversary Tour rings a bell.
Just had to see them since the tickets were free. haha.

Madfuckin crowd through! :notworthy: Jos smuggled tot bags in his balls! I was sooo proud! Whiskey & Southern Comfort were IN!

I don't remember much of what happened on stage mind. hee.
that ongoing eternity
Big Si
School Bully

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Big Si wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r600m

;D
You can count me in. :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
I thought you would :wink: :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Silver_Owl
The Don

Big Si wrote:I thought you would :wink: :twisted:
Leather, studs, sweat, distortion. Why would I not?

...and that's just Rob Halford. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Big Si
School Bully

MadameButterfly wrote:*edit ~ I don't get BBC four so if some kind soul could record it for me please? I will be forever grateful. :D
Such requests have been posted on a 'Metal' Forum that I frequent :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Big Si wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:*edit ~ I don't get BBC four so if some kind soul could record it for me please? I will be forever grateful. :D
Such requests have been posted on a 'Metal' Forum that I frequent :innocent:
Pretty please Si! I don't do other forums except HL. Still exclusive! :wink: ;D
that ongoing eternity
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the heads-up James!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you