Sisters Font

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
robertzombie
Overbomber

This has probably been asked a million times before but could someone point me in the direction of the font used on the merciful release logo:

gracias.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

robertzombie
Overbomber

cheers.
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Can anyone point me in the direction of the updated font. Youknow, with the lower case'r' and the different 'm'? The one that was used on the silver bullet tour. This would be greatly appreciated. :?:
"We left you sleeping. Now we are sleeping with you. Don't wake up."
Michael aka Emilien
Amphetamine Filth

thanx!
markfiend wrote:I didn't compose it, I don't even remember how good it is.
Michael aka Emilien @ My Opera Community: http://my.opera.com/michael_aka_emilien
Michael aka Emilien @ My Space Community: http://myspace.com/michael_aka_emilien
James Blast
Banned

Kurbythegreat wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of the updated font. Youknow, with the lower case'r' and the different 'm'? The one that was used on the silver bullet tour. This would be greatly appreciated. :?:
I have the words but not the font, if you see what I mean. I had to type it out in standard Caslon Antique, convert it to paths and manipulate it in FreeHand (a vector drawing program). I can send you a JPEG of the band name and tour title if that's any good.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Sorry, haven't checked this in a while. Thanks for the tip. I'll try manipulating it freehand as well. See how that goes. I don't have the software you mentioned, but I'm sure I can figure something out. Thanks again.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks a lot, I'm a bit into fonts, and therefore rather happy to find this one ...
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is this a once-a-year thread? :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Caslon Antique Italic or not might be fine, but missing what Sepultura (or Casablanca Antique) provides for - umlauts.
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

i still haven't gotten around to trying it...
I figured the next year was up and it was my
turn to post. Might be bad luck if I didn't. :innocent:
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

I just saw the trailer for the new "Robin Hood" movie not too long ago - the last few frames, of "COMING 2010" and credits are in this font, white letters on black background, in all capital letters. Gave me a bit of a start because in my mind this visual is totally linked with the Sisters and seeing it used this way just feels totally out of context - strange how something as simple as a font (and that visual in all caps as well) is inextricably tied to them for me.
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
robertzombie
Overbomber

I think Magners use it too :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Terry Pratchett's publishers seem to be using it for his name on their books too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell