Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
onager
Road Kill

Yay tickets arrived today, numbers 112,113 and 114
deadagain
Banned

I'm looking forward to the day... 8)
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
DomConway
Filth

Just had to crawl out from under the rock and say I'm well excited about this! A mate has just moved to Leamington and I reckon his floor is pass-out-on-able so accommodation shouldn't be a problem :twisted:
the only thing to fear is fear itself
_emma_
Overbomber

DomConway wrote: floor is pass-out-on-able
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: sounds very funny for a non-native-speaker of English.
DomConway
Filth

_emma_ wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: sounds very funny for a non-native-speaker of English.
Probably sounds quite odd to most native English speakers too, but was the best I could manage in my excitement this morning :wink:

Official FB event created by the venue here as haven't spotted it elsewhere on this thread:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110794858955523
Silver_Owl
The Don

DomConway wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
Probably sounds quite odd to most native English speakers too, but was the best I could manage in my excitement this morning :wink:

Official FB event created by the venue here as haven't spotted it elsewhere on this thread:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110794858955523
Of course, this Facebook event is much better. :innocent:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110907142276216
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Can you not even pick your nose nowadays without someone creating a FaceBook event about it? :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

err...what's facebook all about then :?:
One life all I need
Silver_Owl
The Don

Just thinking...Has anybody heard from Purple Light recently? He's disappeared from FriendFace too. I thought he'd be up for this.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DomConway
Filth

:D :D :D Ticket 136 arrived today :D :D :D
A Many Splintered Thing
Road Kill

I'll go but it had better be an improvement from the last time I saw them. I want to hear Andrew this time, not just backing track.
(8) and you might say it's self-destructive but, you see, I'd kick the bucket sixty times before I'd kick the habit (8)
Silver_Owl
The Don

A Many Splintered Thing wrote:I'll go but it had better be an improvement from the last time I saw them. I want to hear Andrew this time, not just backing track.
Hello. :)

When and where was that then?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
A Many Splintered Thing
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:
A Many Splintered Thing wrote:I'll go but it had better be an improvement from the last time I saw them. I want to hear Andrew this time, not just backing track.

saw them last year at the forum. I still had a great time because it was first time seeing them and being that close to Eldritch was awesome in itself but most people left. The sound mix was just awful. Shame, he has such an amazing voice , would have been nice to hear it.
(8) and you might say it's self-destructive but, you see, I'd kick the bucket sixty times before I'd kick the habit (8)
DomConway
Filth

A Many Splintered Thing wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

saw them last year at the forum. I still had a great time because it was first time seeing them and being that close to Eldritch was awesome in itself but most people left. The sound mix was just awful. Shame, he has such an amazing voice , would have been nice to hear it.
That was a terrible gig, you could clearly hear peoples' conversations over the music
A Many Splintered Thing
Road Kill

DomConway wrote:
A Many Splintered Thing wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote: Hello. :)

That was a terrible gig, you could clearly hear peoples' conversations over the music
It was an experience though. When they started playing This Corrsion some huge guy ran to the front, I was in his way so he just picked me up and threw me aside!
I was hoping they'd have done something about it by the time they got to England seeing as all the reviews from other gigs said the same thing. Still, it might be better this time and they hardly ever play so... Also, it will be nice to be around other Sisters fans. No one my age even knows who they are :p
Silver_Owl
The Don

The gig caused a fair bit of debate at the time. See here.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
A Many Splintered Thing
Road Kill

oh dear, so I see! I feel mean and disloyal to Andrew, but really, if you don't release any new stuff and your gigs are s**t then your fans might start to grumble.
Silver_Owl
The Don

A Many Splintered Thing wrote:oh dear, so I see! I feel mean and disloyal to Andrew, but really, if you don't release any new stuff and your gigs are s**t then your fans might start to grumble.
...but still they come. :P

Go figure. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
A Many Splintered Thing
Road Kill

I guess. I just wish I was around when their gigs were truly amazing!
DomConway
Filth

A Many Splintered Thing wrote:I guess. I just wish I was around when their gigs were truly amazing!
Some still are and I reckon Leamington's gonna be one of 'em :D
Silver_Owl
The Don

DomConway wrote:
A Many Splintered Thing wrote:I guess. I just wish I was around when their gigs were truly amazing!
Some still are and I reckon Leamington's gonna be one of 'em :D
Yeah baby :!: :lol:

They can still have their good days. Amsterdam last year was a corker. Depends on how :von: is feeling on the day.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

The Damned are playing Leamington tonight and I just bumped into Dave Vanian in Marks & Spencers :!: :!:
Now what are the chances of that happening with Von when he's in town, maybe he'll be visiting the local JJB sports shop looking for a new american football top :lol:
One life all I need
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

You are missing the amazing ones, cause they happen on the mainland without the british stupid criticism & where the sound systems work better.
I've been to many of the best in the past five years!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I can't confirm that but i can deny it (about better sound system).
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

Going off what I have heard, the assembly as a cracking P.A. system, so it'll be down to the sound dude/dudette to create what we want. The doctor is going to be in the hands of a male nurse tho..
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!