Please report "Twothousandfive dvd" on ebay

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

No but i did it before in another case like this and it went well. Ebay won't recognize that as long as the seller doesn't report you and even if he does you can claim that you've finally realized that this is a forbidden item shortly after the auction. I think ebay can't and won't force you to pay items that aren't allowed to sell there at all.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Is it your bid, the 64 euros?
Nope!!
i known you can retract after buying something via bidding.
Once i get problem with a seller, i bought something then cancel it but nothing happened after many bad mail from him.
Once i did not get the item, i get money back after few week via paypal, do they have insurance or they get money from his acount, oh well, i dunno.
Don't think they can serve themselve on my account unless you are selling, get the money and not send the item.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

sisterstekland wrote:
Is it your bid, the 64 euros?
Nope!!
i known you can retract after buying something via bidding.
Once i get problem with a seller, i bought something then cancel it but nothing happened after many bad mail from him.
Once i did not get the item, i get money back after few week via paypal, do they have insurance or they get money from his acount, oh well, i dunno.
Don't think they can serve themselve on my account unless you are selling, get the money and not send the item.
Once I won an item which afterwards see=ed that I already bought it few years earlier. I discussed with seller and ebay and... had to pay...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

What kind of item was that? I think it's ok that buyers can be forced to pay as long as the item is legal to sell and matching the description.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:What kind of item was that? I think it's ok that buyers can be forced to pay as long as the item is legal to sell and matching the description.
Seriously DocSommer, most of the items are bootlegs... If I buy them I pay them.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:What kind of item was that? I think it's ok that buyers can be forced to pay as long as the item is legal to sell and matching the description.
Seriously DocSommer, most of the items are bootlegs... If I buy them I pay them.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

That's ok for me - I wasn't intending to start a debate on principles. This was mostly adressed to those tapers who may get tired reporting their own stuff on ebay and watching the same sellers trying it again and again. Nevertheless I still can't imagine that ebay can force to to pay for items they don't allow to sell based on their own general terms and conditions - assuming you're argue the situation properly after receiving the first request for payment.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:That's ok for me - I wasn't intending to start a debate on principles. This was mostly adressed to those tapers who may get tired reporting their own stuff on ebay and watching the same sellers trying it again and again. Nevertheless I still can't imagine that ebay can force to to pay for items they don't allow to sell based on their own general terms and conditions - assuming you're argue the situation properly after receiving the first request for payment.
I do understand, that situations are a shame... But how do they reach the market? Via weeding?
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Most stupid people in that case are also the buyer :?
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Probably...and sharing of course - the 2005 DVD has been shared on different sites (with permission) and in my case it was the Paris2006 DVD wich appeared on a swedish (iirc) ebay-like platform some time after I shared it on Dimeadozen.
Most stupid people in that case are also the buyer
Yeah but on the other hand many people don't know the background, trading/sharing scene. I think it's even hard to google the right links if you just look after the wrong titles like "choruses under the rock volume 2 dvd".
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

100 £ and I am almost 100% certain the winner has got to pay... :wink:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I am kind of 100% certain the winner is looking forward to pay for this rare item *cough*

Unfortunately ebay doesn't display the auction winner anymore but maybe he/she leaves a feedback after the deal is over. In this case we could and should give this person a hint to the right direction^^
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

cardoman wrote:100 £ and I am almost 100% certain the winner has got to pay... :wink:
So sure I am that I asked it to someone which is in the Ebay company who confirmed it...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

So maybe ebay is naughty enough to bend their own terms of use but I don't think that this company is standing over the law. Distributing bootlegs is illegal in almost every country by law, that's why I would still take the chance to cancel the deal for this reason. Not to forget that ebay can finally just threaten you with closing your account IF the seller complains (even that is unlikely - some feedback profiles with many negatives ratings speaks volumes...).

If it comes to charging the money it's the seller who has to sue you (if you are willing to see this through) but that would cause trouble for him as well because it's easy for you to attest that a.) the item is a bootleg and b.) you didn't knew that before placing the bid cause it wasn't stated in the auction. I think a drug dealer who got ripped of by a client wouldn't take the issue in front of a court as well.
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The question would be:

What is the worst case that could happen to you if you would not pay. The seller could report you, no matter if it is a legal item or not. Next step:
Ebay will ask you to pay. The may open a conflict. After that the only thing they can do ist to close your account.

Opening anoher ebay account is not a problem, or?

Oh, I am happy that I got this DVD´s for a tenner a few days ago..... :innocent:
Saved me a lot of time ad work. For me it is much easyier to buy a complete thing than to download and do work with the pc. That´s the reason why I buy thing we have in sharing or weeding.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I don't know if they keep blocking your name and adress temporary or permanent to ban you. But everyone knows other people/relatives who can step in for that :twisted:
Oh, I am happy that I got this DVD´s for a tenner a few days ago..... It wasn't me...
Saved me a lot of time ad work. For me it is much easyier to buy a complete thing than to download and do work with the pc. That´s the reason why I buy thing we have in sharing or weeding....
Unfortunately you can't really know if you're getting an exact copy of the original source or something re-encoded or shrinked. That's why I prefer to get in touch with stuff of this kind as close to the source as possible.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:So maybe ebay is naughty enough to bend their own terms of use but I don't think that this company is standing over the law. Distributing bootlegs is illegal in almost every country by law, that's why I would still take the chance to cancel the deal for this reason. Not to forget that ebay can finally just threaten you with closing your account IF the seller complains (even that is unlikely - some feedback profiles with many negatives ratings speaks volumes...).

If it comes to charging the money it's the seller who has to sue you (if you are willing to see this through) but that would cause trouble for him as well because it's easy for you to attest that a.) the item is a bootleg and b.) you didn't knew that before placing the bid cause it wasn't stated in the auction. I think a drug dealer who got ripped of by a client wouldn't take the issue in front of a court as well.
A while ago they (ebay) almost decided to avoid every bootleg on Ebay, I guess that would be horrible for all sisters fans... They became big on bootlegs (my opinion). Making money of other people stuff I don't accept either, but I bought this item for a piece of cake (same seller as from J) because I wasn't at those concerts and ... I like them a lot, sorry for sisterkland (I am not so in the weeding...). At the moment I am buying I am not so interested in the fact that him or her or someone else made the recording, I want to have it, that's my point, but hey, respect for all opinions here!
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

17.auflage wrote:The question would be:

What is the worst case that could happen to you if you would not pay. The seller could report you, no matter if it is a legal item or not. Next step:
Ebay will ask you to pay. The may open a conflict. After that the only thing they can do ist to close your account.

Oh, I am happy that I got this DVD´s for a tenner a few days ago..... :innocent:
Saved me a lot of time ad work. For me it is much easyier to buy a complete thing than to download and do work with the pc. That´s the reason why I buy thing we have in sharing or weeding.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Exactly the same story here J, the time of being on the PC costs me more than buying it immediately...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I shure don't mind this point of view.
Exactly the same story here J, the time of being on the PC costs me more than buying it immediately...
Well for a person with your post count I can't imagine that you don't have a minute to look up the weeding section and drop a pm to somebody in the weeding list. I would even doubt that this is more time consuming than tracking the ebay offers, waiting for specific recordings... Reweeding or downloading stuff from Dime/One-Click-Hoster doesn't take real efforts as well - that's something most people handle "by the way".

Of course I can understand that someones prefers to buy items wich are not easily available via weeding/sharing - or for "collectors reason" when it comes to vinyl or factory pressed booties.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:I shure don't mind this point of view.
Well for a person with your post count I can't imagine that you don't have a minute to look up the weeding section and drop a pm to somebody in the weeding list. I would even doubt that this is more time consuming than tracking the ebay offers, waiting for specific recordings... Reweeding or downloading stuff from Dime/One-Click-Hoster doesn't take real efforts as well - that's something most people handle "by the way".

Of course I can understand that someones prefers to buy items wich are not easily available via weeding/sharing - or for "collectors reason" when it comes to vinyl or factory pressed booties.
I guess 99% of the posts are in the trading room, Doc, on very specific items.

I don't know the system of weeding (shame) but receiving and especially sending back takes time.

The thing I hate the most of it all is that the seller says it's factory pressed and afterwards it seems a cd copy...

But as I said, respect for all opinions..., I keep on buying
17.auflage

I also would be a very bad "weeder". So I don ´t ask for weeds. I would never get it managed to reweed. Sorry. I don´t want to disapoint people. So I am happy, if I can get it in a propper form on e.g. ebay.

@Doc. You are definitly right about beeing near to the source as possible. But from time to time ...

Sharing is an interesting opportunity, that´s right.

And I understand, If a taper doesn´t want other people earning money with his work.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

@ 17.auflage: if you are looking for anything special, let's me know, i will put it on ebay :innocent: :lol: :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... in that case, don't forget to set the starting bid at, at least, 15 or better 20 € ...

Sisters recordings are rare and shouldn't go cheaply to the buying s**t ... :twisted: :lol: :lol: ...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:... in that case, don't forget to set the starting bid at, at least, 15 or better 20 € ...

Sisters recordings are rare and shouldn't go cheaply to the buying s**t ... :twisted: :lol: :lol: ...
nah - I can push the bids up to the pain barrier :lol: :lol:
17.auflage

sisterstekland wrote:@ 17.auflage: if you are looking for anything special, let's me know, i will put it on ebay :innocent: :lol: :lol:
A Final Floorshow (Number 1 would be nice, thanks in
advance....) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternate, I would take a WEA Promo Box? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: