SSV Picture disc

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

mh wrote: Like over-boiled vegetables, a plate of steaming soggy mush with all the taste and goodness gone out of it.
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Ideal if you have no teeth.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
TallicA_dude
Road Kill

mh wrote:
Badlander wrote:You know, it's not very hard to listen to. It's just so incredibly dull and boring. It's not even spectacularly bad, it's just very, very bad.
This sums it up correctly. It's not terrible as in "OH MY GOD I DON'T BELIEVE VON DID THAT!" or anything like that. Don't be expecting another Gift, and definitely don't be expecting anything that the consensus at the time would have said was terrible but hindsight grants more credit to. It's just quite nondescript in a moderately not-even-annoying elevator music kind of way. Ambient without any sense of ambience, techno without a beat, like something Sting would have recorded if Dire Straits had told him what Nickleback thought a Foreigner cover version of a Sisters song sounded like. Like over-boiled vegetables, a plate of steaming soggy mush with all the taste and goodness gone out of it.

You can hear some of the tracks here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7uIB9K17gs (NSFW).
wow! that is one of the most awesome descriptions ever!!lol :notworthy:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:
mh wrote: Like over-boiled vegetables, a plate of steaming soggy mush with all the taste and goodness gone out of it.

Ideal if you have no teeth.
:lol: ... or lost them after hours, eh, all ...

I love it, it's so precise ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i know its been said once or twice before, but it still surprises me that more people havent heard the similarities between several of the SSV tracks and "still walking" by throbbing gristle, from this album:

listen to 'still walking' on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAeXhM0QWME

listen to 'still walking' on spotify:
http://open.spotify.com/track/49jUWBJ3ZHlx5YLYvJB7uZ

30 second preview on last.fm:
http://www.last.fm/music/Throbbing+Gris ... ll+Walking

(although the last.fm preview doesn't let you hear the spoken word stuff over the *cough* music)

listening to the whole TG album you can see where von got the idea for the SSV vocals from. there's similar amounts of experimentation throughout he whole album. although obviously TG did it waaaaaay before our andrew was even contemplating calling himself 'von' ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

for TG that was quite good but it wasn't funky or jazzy, where do I apply for a refund? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:for TG that was quite good but it wasn't funky or jazzy, where do I apply for a refund? ;D
i'd try emailing mr.porridge@loonybin.net :lol:
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

disso wrote:It's an excellent album - no joke.
Probably the best first post yet.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: Image
It's an excellent album. No joke.

Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
James Blast
Banned

this is obviously some version of 'excellent' I'm unaware of
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

"Effluent" must have been mis-spell checked.

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

ah, now I understand
~ Peter Steele
atom
Road Kill

you would....
James Blast
Banned

and thank you
~ Peter Steele
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Badlander wrote:
disso wrote:It's an excellent album - no joke.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
beatnick138
Road Kill

I'm interested to see what the picture disc actually looks like. I've never seen a printed version of this "album".
The Limit Club - Deathrock Gothabilly from AZ!

www.myspace.com/thelimitclub
www.LimitClub.com
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Nice... :lol:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise