wednesday 16th

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
coffindancer1313
Road Kill

:twisted: I suppose it was a good night to bow out on with it being the anniversary. Like a mate said "you got what you deserved" but unfortunately didn't get what i'd paid for. stadium band prices for crap sound quality, and painful feedback. Luckily the out of tune bass covered Andrew murdering the vocals. The bar was packed with 'fans' during the actual set so maybe they felt the same way? Turning up year after year to hear the same old stuff delivered the same old way but with less enthusiasm from Andrew each time you go? I'm giving up and seriously think they should too. Mind you he probably needs to rob fans for a bit longer before his pension is due.
GC
Slight Overbomber

I'm missing something...
Silver_Owl
The Don

I was going to lock this thread and yet again point you to the existing thread but what the hell...it's an interesting debate. You're not the only one to think along these lines. There are those out there who would agree with you I'm sure...and there are a lot on here that wouldn't. 8)

I am slightly confused as to your change of tone - you claimed to have enjoyed the first night. :?

As you were... :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe he's referring to the second night, although the thread title suggests otherwise.

Anyway, I can vouch for the fact that the bar was pretty empty during the first night's performance. I ran out of beer about five times during the set and never had to wait to be served.

I wasn't there the second night but I really don't know how anyone could reasonably call the first night bad.
mh
Above the Chemist

:?

Me, I enjoyed it. It's just a matter of personal taste I guess. If you didn't like it then you just didn't like it, and no big deal or drama needed.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

The bar wasn't busy last night either, really. It was so packed on the floor you needed to get out for a breather occasionally. There were only a couple of people out there for any period of time (I was one of them. Must get steel toes. My toe is a really interesting colour.)

*smacks self on wrist for troll feeding*
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Yuitsu wrote: *smacks self on wrist for troll feeding*
I probably owe myself a smack too.
Silver_Owl
The Don

:lol: I must owe myself a full on punch in the face then.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

coffindancer1313 wrote::twisted: I suppose it was a good night to bow out on with it being the anniversary. Like a mate said "you got what you deserved" but unfortunately didn't get what i'd paid for. stadium band prices for crap sound quality, and painful feedback. Luckily the out of tune bass covered Andrew murdering the vocals. The bar was packed with 'fans' during the actual set so maybe they felt the same way? Turning up year after year to hear the same old stuff delivered the same old way but with less enthusiasm from Andrew each time you go? I'm giving up and seriously think they should too. Mind you he probably needs to rob fans for a bit longer before his pension is due.
Bye then.
Or maybe you should let yourself go and have some fun. :lol:

What is this with the bar being busy during the gig, aren't people allowed to drink?.

Matt..
jande

coffindancer1313 wrote::twisted: I suppose it was a good night to bow out on with it being the anniversary..... before his pension is due.
Everybody will always have there own views on how, good or bad, gigs go, but if you thought either Wednesday or Thursday was a stinker you mustn't have seen them in Leeds Uni on the Silver Bullet tour.
You can't even say that 'back in the day' that the gigs were always spot on cause they weren't as various bootlegs will attest (One of the consequences of being, allegedly, the most bootlegged band in the early 80's)
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
James Blast
Banned

coffindancer1313 wrote::twisted: I suppose it was a good night to bow out on with it being the anniversary. Like a mate said "you got what you deserved" but unfortunately didn't get what i'd paid for. stadium band prices for crap sound quality, and painful feedback. Luckily the out of tune bass covered Andrew murdering the vocals. The bar was packed with 'fans' during the actual set so maybe they felt the same way? Turning up year after year to hear the same old stuff delivered the same old way but with less enthusiasm from Andrew each time you go? I'm giving up and seriously think they should too. Mind you he probably needs to rob fans for a bit longer before his pension is due.
agree strongly

and Mr.E's started YEALPING! again :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Prescott

James, are you seriously against this thing that you call "YEALPING"?

Or have you just been taking the p*ss for the past 24,492 posts?
"... because we're that kind of people."
originalgoth

Is this from a Spambot?

I've listened to the recording of Wednesday night & I know it sounds great, Was this person even in Leeds on either night? were they even on this planet on either night.

Maybe the fact that they've only posted twice says something, they've either posted to start this debate OR they've read the replies, known they're wrong in what they've said in this post and crawled back into CyberSpace never to be seen on here again.

I wish I could have been at both gigs.

EDIT
I've just read the first post by this ??????
In that one they refer to the gig being in Leeds POLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These Spambots are getting everywhere - there was an attack on the New Model Army forum that was a "Copy & Paste" Merchant, they got blocked from the forum!!!!!!
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Prescott wrote:James, are you seriously against this thing that you call "YEALPING"?

... and there really wasn't much of the yelping anyway. No more or less than the 2010 gigs.

I'd been on a Sisters downer for a few years, especially concerning Mr. E's vocals but, from what I've heard, the 2010 - 11 gigs are the best in the last 10 years.

:notworthy:
Prescott

Mr. Wah wrote:
Prescott wrote:James, are you seriously against this thing that you call "YEALPING"?

... and there really wasn't much of the yelping anyway. No more or less than the 2010 gigs.

I'd been on a Sisters downer for a few years, especially concerning Mr. E's vocals but, from what I've heard, the 2010 - 11 gigs are the best in the last 10 years.

:notworthy:
I couldn't agree with you more mate! 2010-2011 Sisters rivals all the other incarnations of merit, if not tops them.

:von: :notworthy:
"... because we're that kind of people."
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

Well all I can say is after 19yrs of not seeing them (birmingham '92) having let my over indulgence in amphetamine and its derivatives lure me into the "rave scene" for that period, I thought they absolutely rocked the joint on the first night, leaving me wanting more...
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think coffindodger was at a different gig from me...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I think coffindodger was at a different gig from me...
Under a bridge, maybe..
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

It's not often that I post on these forums(or any other!) but I can't believe anyone can have such a negative opinion of the gig - unless one has been living a hermits existence since 1985 and came out expecting the band to be exactly the same as back then!
As jande observes, maybe if they were referring to an earlier Leeds date which was pretty below par it would be understandable, but blimey, both nights were amazing! or maybe I'd set my expectations too low this time around...who knows!
pixilove
Road Kill

whoooop whoooo loved both nights first nite a bit of feed back but what the hell its a live gig 2nd night fab bring on 35 years xxxx and lol never was at the bar x
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

YAWN

Can't understand the negativity of those that attended and especially those that didn't. :lol:

I had a bloody good time. :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

well everyone is entitled to their opinion..or they seem to think so. heh. I am counting the days
Headingly
Road Kill

Lets face it, the drummer was out of time, the bassist out of tune and the singer's hair was all over the place. :wink:
Q: Is space curved?
A: It is in Leeds
Sita

Headingly wrote:Lets face it, the drummer was out of time, the bassist out of tune and the singer's hair was all over the place. :wink:
:lol: :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yuitsu wrote:
markfiend wrote:I think coffindodger was at a different gig from me...
Under a bridge, maybe..
:lol: you read my mind ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell