Latest Sisters purchase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:
despair wrote:Is this one supposed to be rare? I bought my copy for £1 on eBay a couple of years ago.
be aware, it's not "my latest rare sisters purchase" thread 8)
Hehe, yes, I know :D But the guy has been collecting for 20 years or so, so I think it's a bit strange if he bothers mentioning that he recently purchased an easily available and next to worthless item (not considering affection value of course). Also the fact that Paul wasn't familiar with the item made me wonder.
paul
Overbomber

In between collecting, we have lives, Despair :lol: :wink:
lachert
Overbomber

despair wrote:
lachert wrote:
despair wrote:Is this one supposed to be rare? I bought my copy for £1 on eBay a couple of years ago.
be aware, it's not "my latest rare sisters purchase" thread 8)
Hehe, yes, I know :D But the guy has been collecting for 20 years or so, so I think it's a bit strange if he bothers mentioning that he recently purchased an easily available and next to worthless item (not considering affection value of course). Also the fact that Paul wasn't familiar with the item made me wonder.
oh, in that case plastic label can mean only 7 inch with engrave titles in paint on vinyl not regular printed sticker. something like this :wink: :
long live rock'n'roll
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paul wrote:In between collecting, we have lives, Despair :lol: :wink:
Interesting concept, guess I should try it sometime :lol:
lachert wrote:oh, in that case plastic label can mean only 7 inch with engrave titles in paint on vinyl not regular printed sticker
Ah, didn't notice the lack of format description in the original post :oops:
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

despair wrote:
Drsisters wrote:TOL 92 with silver plastic label :)
Is this one supposed to be rare? I bought my copy for £1 on eBay a couple of years ago.
No, they're not considered rare, tho they're obviously rarer than the 'normal' paper centers. They all (silver or green) seem to have a large black center, so i think the theory that they were supposed to have the middles cut out and used in jukeboxes is a good one. Why this never happened and they ended up in the record stores is anyone quess.

I do find it a bit strange that they're not more collected though, any other 'differences' with a records middle or sleeve or whatever usually makes them instantly more collectable :urff:
I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Not only to revive this thread... :P

Lucretia 7" white label test pressing :D
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Genuine 27 year old Black October shirt 8)
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
nightmusic
Road Kill

Once more revived...

Common-or-garden I know, but, Body and Soul 12" and Lucretia 12". The pair for justb £ 5 and I'm amazed by the quality of the vinyl (hardly a click or scratch to be heard). Much better than the ones I had 20 years ago which is strange.

A question - does anyone know why so many of the Body and Soul 12"s come in a generic blank sleeve rather than the official sleeve? Did they really press more records than sleeves???
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Time to revive this thread...

Live in Heidelberg lp with brown gatefold cover :-)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

sistershood- gift T-shirt

knocking on heaven´s door (2lp)

and floodland reisue 2011 in Japan (HM-CD)

NEXT:

first and last...reisue 2011 in Japan (HM-CD)
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote: and floodland reisue 2011 in Japan (HM-CD)

NEXT:

don't you get fed up to buy the same stuff :innocent:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

sisterstekland wrote:
dtsom wrote: and floodland reisue 2011 in Japan (HM-CD)

NEXT:

don't you get fed up to buy the same stuff :innocent:
it´s the main thing when you´re a collector.... but this japanese reisues sound superb for my taste.....
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Latest Sisters purchase? A T shirt .. :innocent:

"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

Hello all,

This is not the latest purchase I've done, but, even it is not very good looking, I really like this item: 7" test pressing of Anaconda. I have never seen another copy of this, so I assume it must be quite scarce.
Here is photo of this.
ttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=TCX4HK8R
radiojamaica
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:Latest Sisters purchase? A T shirt .. :innocent:
You don't say... ;D
in dub we trust
Being645
Wiki wizard

Burzum wrote:Hello all,

This is not the latest purchase I've done, but, even it is not very good looking, I really like this item: 7" test pressing of Anaconda. I have never seen another copy of this, so I assume it must be quite scarce.
Here is photo of this.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TCX4HK8R ... :innocent:
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

did I do anything wrong?
Being645
Wiki wizard

Burzum wrote:did I do anything wrong?
you forgot the h before ttp ... anyway, now it works.
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

Arg, I m really a drag
Being645
Wiki wizard

Burzum wrote:Arg, I m really a drag.
oh yess, and there's me crossing every t ... :twisted: :lol: ... so, after all ... no harm and things work ... :wink: ...
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

BTW, on a totally different subject, i can't PM you. Seems there is a tech problem
hallucienate
Overbomber

Being645
Wiki wizard

hallucienate wrote:I bought this recently: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1745082
A wonderful concert ... and pretty pictures ... :notworthy: ...
I shall make use of them for the (not yet existing) according page in the Wiki, if you don't mind, Hallucienate? ... :) ...
hallucienate
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
hallucienate wrote:I bought this recently: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1745082
I shall make use of them for the (not yet existing) according page in the Wiki, if you don't mind, Hallucienate? ... :) ...
Those aren't my pics, although I can take some if you want? I'm not sure on what discogs.com image usage policy is like.
Being645
Wiki wizard

hallucienate wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Those aren't my pics, although I can take some if you want? I'm not sure on what discogs.com image usage policy is like.
Well discogs have a copyright note on their page and yeah, I think we should have something the like in the Wiki as well. As to lyrics I've seen to that. But not yet as to pics. Can't do it all and also I wouldn't want to!

Anyway, I think it's better to have other pictures than what you find elsewhere in the web and - everybody can contribute and have a part in the Wiki, even if they don't/can't put things up there themselves. I think that is a nice contribution to the fanbase as much as from the fanbase.

So, yes. If you find time to make some decent pictures/scans yourself, I should very much appriciate, send them up there and create the according page with the additional infos I've got or those you might as well be able to deliver ... :D ... as soon as I find time. That can be a few days as well. :wink: