Anyone know much about Xbox consoles?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

And as for 8-bit home computers... the correct answer was, of course... ZX Spectrum.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:END statements are for wimps.
Yep, you should exit from a routine programmatically (when pre conditions are met) and not rely on EXIT commands.

Having said that, GO TOs are worse :lol:
You guys wouldn't recognise a proper C=64 even if it typed your mismatch error... tssss ;D

IZ.
i'll have you know i used to be a bit of a trader in cracked c64 games in the 80s ;D i regularly traded boxes of 5 1⁄4-inch floppy disks full of games with people all over the uk :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Quiff Boy wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: Yep, you should exit from a routine programmatically (when pre conditions are met) and not rely on EXIT commands.

Having said that, GO TOs are worse :lol:
You guys wouldn't recognise a proper C=64 even if it typed your mismatch error... tssss ;D

IZ.
i'll have you know i used to be a bit of a trader in cracked c64 games in the 80s ;D i regularly traded boxes of 5 1⁄4-inch floppy disks full of games with people all over the uk :lol:
Maybe I traded with you back in the days then! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol: :notworthy:

i remember there was one group of belgian crackers that were quite prevalent... they must have done a good 25% of everything that i had 8)

i forget their name now though :oops:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

A cheer for the Amiga 1200! Much missed. Think it was :von: choice of binary machine also back in the day. At least for lemmings. ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i moved on from c64s to an Amiga 600 briefly, before getting a 1200... octomed music tracker was a particular favourite of mine for making music :notworthy:

i still traded games on the amiga bit those little 3½ inch disks where nowhere near as cool :lol:

although you could get a shed load more stuff on them.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i moved on from c64s to an Amiga 600 briefly, before getting a 1200... octomed music tracker was a particular favourite of mine for making music :notworthy:

i still traded games on the amiga bit those little 3½ inch disks where nowhere near as cool :lol:

although you could get a shed load more stuff on them.
Ah Octomed. I think I got a version on a free Amiga Format cover disc. I used to make little dance tracks. Ah good times! :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote: Not correct, really. MS killed the original Xbox overnight, and their plan is to do the same with the 360. Expect a new Xbox and Halo by Christmas 2012. Expect nothing new on the 360 from.... now on. The major publishers are no longer developing 360 games.

Sony, on the other hand, continued to support PS2 with AAA titles for quite a while... I'll personally be looking forward to this http://www.lastofus.com/agegate.html
next year.
We'll see - like I said I can't imagine that 3rd party developers will handle this different after MS and Sony launches new consoles. Most multi-platform game publisher (PC-XBox-PS3) state that it takes less efforts (=cheaper) to port their titles for the 360 compared to the PS3 for some technical reason. I agree that it's most likely that MS won't release exclusive titles for the 360 anymore but who cares about MS games :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's cheaper to port PC games to XBox because an XBox is basically a stripped-down windows PC (vast oversimplification but you get the idea) whereas PS3 is a UNIX box (again oversimplified).
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Quiff Boy wrote::lol: :notworthy:

i remember there was one group of belgian crackers that were quite prevalent... they must have done a good 25% of everything that i had 8)

i forget their name now though :oops:
The Band?

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:It's cheaper to port PC games to XBox because an XBox is basically a stripped-down windows PC (vast oversimplification but you get the idea) whereas PS3 is a UNIX box (again oversimplified).
Xbox 360 uses a PowerPC cpu and ATI graphics so it's not that close to a PC like the first xbox with some sort of Pentium III or IV cpu (dunno exactly). PS3 also uses some sort of PowerPC compatible cpu architecture and nvidia graphics.

It's actually funny that MS moved to PowerPC architecture since this tech was best known for Mac computers - at least until Apple decided to move from PowerPC to x86 architekture :urff:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I stand corrected :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

I own both, and I'd say get the PS3, just because its a nice shiny black unit that looks like a George Forman grill, no, really, I prefere the free (ish) online gaming, and the fact that you seem to be able to browse the web, maybe you can on the 360, but I don't know how to.
Thats useful if Mrs Paradox is on the PeeCee, and I need to check the web.
The 360 is the older one, and it has been around europe to get repaired, its now back on the "console tower", but it as not been used for at least three weeks, but the PS3 was on about two hours ago.
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!