The Ultimate Dreamer (Heartlander publishes novel)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

The Ultimate Dreamer is my first novel and is available now from Amazon. See the attached flyer for the cover and the blurb (publisher-speak for "the bit that tells you what it's about").

The book is available now to download for Kindle for only £1.02 (in the UK. It's also available worldwide. The price varies in other territories but is the equivalent of US$1.55.) UK readers,can get it from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Ultimate-Dr ... 426&sr=8-3
I don't have all the international links but overseas readers can find it by searching for the title on their local Amazon site.

For the moment, the novel is only available as an ebook for Kindle but if you have a different ereader such as Nook or Kobo then you can download the Kindle app for free. Even if you don't have an ereader you can download the app to your PC, Mac, laptop, tablet or smartphone - so you should be able to read it on just about anything. Print copies will probably be available some time in the future and maybe even an audiobook but for now it's just the ebook and, for the time being at least, it's only available from Amazon.

I hope you'll all read it. And then I hope you'll all tell everyone about it. I want as many people as possible to read it and that means getting them to hear about it in the first place. There are some ways you can help me to achieve that, if it's not too much to ask:

•Buy it. It only costs a pound. The more people who buy it, the higher up the Amazon sales chart it will climb. People buy books that are popular so getting on that chart is important.
•When you buy it, if possible buy something else at the same time. Preferably something popular - that new CD you were going to get anyway or someone's birthday present. When you view an item on Amazon there's usually a section on the listing page that says "people who bought this item also bought..." or "frequently bought together". So if you buy The Ultimate Dreamer and, say, the new James Bond DVD, other people buying the Bond film will also see an advert for my book.
•Once you've read it, write a review. Amazon customers can review products that they buy and other customers are influenced by those reviews. So someone viewing the listing page and seeing lots of positive reviews are more likely to buy.
•Borrow it. The Ultimate Dreamer is also available to be borrowed for free from Amazon's Kindle lending library. The library has its own chart and, again, the higher a book appears on that chart then the more visible it becomes and the more likely other people are to read it. Even if you've bought the book, borrowing it once will help. (But for anyone thinking of borrowing it lots of times to boost its chart position, that won't work as Amazon only counts the first time an individual borrows a particular book.)
•Copy this post and email it to everyone you know. And ask them to do the same. That way it'll very quickly reach thousands of people who don't know me. Mention that you know the author if you think it'll help. In fact say anything if you think it'll make them more likely to consider the book.
•If you use Twitter then tweet about the book. If you use other social media like Facebook etc then tell people about it there or even post the flyer and the Amazon link. If you frequent any online forums, start a thread about The Ultimate Dreamer and post the flyer and the link.
•Print off the flyer and ask if local shops, libraries, businesses etc will put copies on their counters or in windows or on notice boards.
•Tell people about it. You'll know lots of people who you don't contact by email so tell them that someone you know has a book on Amazon. Tell them they have to read it. Word of mouth counts for a lot.
•I'll be letting you know about various promotions in due course but in the meantime, anything else you can think of that will get the book seen by other people will be helpful.
•Most of all, read the book yourselves and enjoy it. If you like it, tell me and tell the world. If you don't like it then we'll just talk about something else and pretend this never happened.

Thanks. Now why are you still here? Go buy the book!

The Ultimate Dreamer
by Stuart Farquhar
Out now on Amazon
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Pista
Cureboi

Going to have to get a reader on my playbook now.
Nice work & all the best with it.
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sounds very interesting ... :D :notworthy: ...

only, I don't have a Kindle and won't have that Kindle software installed on my computer ...

I'll surely download it, as soon as I've got at Kindle ...
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Wow, well done....will download for sure 8)
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
million voices
Slight Overbomber

It's not often that I miss not having a Kindle but this is one of those times.

I have started to read the "Look Inside" - jolly good, love the way the intro draws you in.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
iesus
Overbomber

Gratz for the debut book :D
Hope to have the chance to buy it in printed edition. :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wow well done - that's brilliant!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Being645
Wiki Wizard

iesus wrote:Gratz for the debut book :D
Yeah, I join you in this ... :D :notworthy: ...

Please inform us as soon as there is a printed edition, stufarq ... :D ...
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

another one waiting for the printed version
Just one of the pesky kids
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

:D
- since 1992 -
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Thank you all for the supportive words.
million voices wrote:It's not often that I miss not having a Kindle but this is one of those times.

I have started to read the "Look Inside" - jolly good, love the way the intro draws you in.
Well that's good to know - thanks. I'm kind of expecting people to be nice just out of politeness but someone saying they liked what they read is very encouraging.
iesus wrote:Gratz for the debut book :D
My plan was to wait and see hoe the ebook does and then launch the print version a bit later for some extra promotional impetus. But I didn't expect so many people to show more interest in print than in ebook - I thought Kindle had taken over the world. (And I'm glad so many people still want a proper paper book.) Maybe I should get the print version out sooner. I'll have to give it some thought.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Pista
Cureboi

I'll take a copy.
Signed, of course :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice! Good luck! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Always happy to support a HL'er.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bought this morning....I'll let you know how I get on..
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Very nice! :notworthy:

I'm on the list for a printed version too :wink:
in dub we trust
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Thanks all.

Interestingly, I posted this on six forums that I frequent. HL, the Mish forum and the Adam Ant forum have all been very supportive. The other three (Kate Bush, Ultravox, Nik Kershaw) all zero response. Admittedly I post more often on the first three so that might have something to do with it but it's still quite a marked difference. The support here is definitely appreciated.
Andie
Overbomber

Will there be any other ebook readers made available? I ask only because I don't have an Amazon Kindle account, but I do have an iTunes account...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Andie wrote:Will there be any other ebook readers made available? I ask only because I don't have an Amazon Kindle account, but I do have an iTunes account...
How does iTunes work for ereaders? Are you asking whether it can be bought anywhere other than Amazon or whether it's available for other ereaders apart from Kindle?

It's currently only available to buy from Amazon because I chose a deal that makes it exclusive there (for the time being). So you can't buy it from iTunes or anywhere else at the moment.

If you don't have a Kindle you should be able to download the free Kindle app to your ereader, computer or any other device. So you don't need a Kindle to read it.
Andie
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
Andie wrote:Will there be any other ebook readers made available? I ask only because I don't have an Amazon Kindle account, but I do have an iTunes account...
How does iTunes work for ereaders? Are you asking whether it can be bought anywhere other than Amazon or whether it's available for other ereaders apart from Kindle?

It's currently only available to buy from Amazon because I chose a deal that makes it exclusive there (for the time being). So you can't buy it from iTunes or anywhere else at the moment.

If you don't have a Kindle you should be able to download the free Kindle app to your ereader, computer or any other device. So you don't need a Kindle to read it.
Thanks...that adequately answers my round about question...I have the kindle app, but I've never actually used it....just used iTunes. I'll sort out syncing my Amazon n kindle accounts and download...
Pista
Cureboi

app installed, book bought

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Debaser
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Thanks all.

Interestingly, I posted this on six forums that I frequent. HL, the Mish forum and the Adam Ant forum have all been very supportive. The other three (Kate Bush, Ultravox, Nik Kershaw) all zero response. Admittedly I post more often on the first three so that might have something to do with it but it's still quite a marked difference. The support here is definitely appreciated.
a friend of yours posted it on the Julian Cope site.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Nice work man, happy to support a Heartlander as they say - will be taking a copy myself!

:notworthy: