The Ultimate Dreamer (Heartlander publishes novel)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
iesus
Overbomber

Do we have chances for a signed copy especially for heartlanders? :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:Do we have chances for a signed copy especially for heartlanders? :D
:innocent: That'll be the signed copies of the embossed 1st Edition Hardbacks then. :innocent:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Congrats and much success! :.D
I'm here waiting for the printed one... In the meantime, liked the fb page ;.)
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

iesus wrote:Do we have chances for a signed copy especially for heartlanders? :D
There is already a competition running to win a signed copy.
http://www.stuartfarquhar.co.uk/competition.html

I would dearly love to do a free giveaway on Goodreads but without the resources (ie publicity budget) of a publisher behind me, that becomes expensive. For the same reason it's not viable for me to set up a shop on my website and sell signed copies there.

Bring your copy to the next Sisters gig. Andrew can be at one signing table, me at the other!
Syberberg wrote:
:innocent: That'll be the signed copies of the embossed 1st Edition Hardbacks then. :innocent:
Maybe I should do a snakeskin special edition exclusively for Heartland.
Salome wrote:Congrats and much success! :.D
I'm here waiting for the printed one... In the meantime, liked the fb page ;.)
Thank you. In fact, once again, thanks to everyone for being so supportive. You're all very cool people.

And the update on the print edition is that final decisions were made on the proof last night. I've a couple of adjustments to make before approving it, which should be done by the weekend. Then it goes on sale "within two weeks", which could mean in two weeks or the same day! I'll find out once it's actually on sale.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Anyone planning on entering the competition?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I did draw sort of dragon some 30 years ago ... but hell, where is it by now ... :? ...perhaps I'll check my drawers ... :lol: ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Being645 wrote:I did draw sort of dragon some 30 years ago ... but hell, where is it by now ... :? ...perhaps I'll check my drawers ... :lol: ...
Find it - you could win the signed copy! It'll be worth a fortune one day.

And news just in: now available in paperback from createspace.

https://www.createspace.com/4240952

Amazon links will go live in the next few days and I'll post them as they become available.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I finished the book on the plane home from NYC. I really enjoyed it. Sorry for a rather less-than-detailed review but I'm a bit jetlagged.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:I finished the book on the plane home from NYC. I really enjoyed it. Sorry for a rather less-than-detailed review but I'm a bit jetlagged.
It's still feedback and very welcome. Thanks for the kind words and for reading it at all. Hopefully your jetlag meant that you missed the typos I've spotted today! At least four have crept into the paperback, which is really annoying. I've managed to correct them for an update to the ebook but I wish I'd found them earlier. (Of course, if, once the jetlag wears off, you decide to write a few words on Amazon, that might encourage others to read it too. :innocent:)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I noticed a couple of typos but they didn't mar my enjoyment. I've also noticed typos in books that have had far more spent on them...

I'll stick a review on Amazon later, certainly. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:I noticed a couple of typos but they didn't mar my enjoyment. I've also noticed typos in books that have had far more spent on them...

I'll stick a review on Amazon later, certainly. 8)
Cheers.

Amazon links for paperback now up.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1484087992
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1484087992

Should be on Amazon Europe sites too.

The competition is still running until May 12th and then, from May 13th-15th, the book will be FREE on Amazon for the whole three days. Full details on the website.
www.stuartfarquhar.co.uk

Oh, and fiendy, to encourage people to enter the comp, I made an origami dragon today. The pic'll be on the website in a day or two.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

One more week left to enter the competition. Any of you artistic people got a dragon you made yourself? No-one got a picture of their mother-in-law or Duncan Bannantine?
Pista
Cureboi

Haha.
I was going to try drawing one "etch a sketch" style :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote:I did draw sort of dragon some 30 years ago ... but hell, where is it by now ... :? ...perhaps I'll check my drawers ... :lol: ...
Find it - you could win the signed copy! It'll be worth a fortune one day.

Amazon links will go live in the next few days and I'll post them as they become available.
Ordered it now along Amazon.de ... ;D ...

As to that dragon ... no chance to find it, but I've found another which should have reached you by now ... :lol: ...
nigel d

Bought the ebook for my iPad. Just started to read it and I must say its and "easy" read. The first twenty pages have whizzed by. I look forward to continuing my read later.

Well done on writing it. Takes courage to publish. Ill finish the book and leave a longer review.
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Order placed
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pista wrote:Haha.
I was going to try drawing one "etch a sketch" style :D
That'd be brilliant!
Being645 wrote:Ordered it now along Amazon.de ... ;D ...

As to that dragon ... no chance to find it, but I've found another which should have reached you by now ... :lol: ...
I'll add it to the gallery. I like that it's different to the others. And thanks for ordering.
nigel d wrote:Bought the ebook for my iPad. Just started to read it and I must say its and "easy" read. The first twenty pages have whizzed by. I look forward to continuing my read later.

Well done on writing it. Takes courage to publish. Ill finish the book and leave a longer review.
Thanks. My dad phoned tonight to say that he'd read it in a day! These retired people have got way too much time on their hands. (Just noticed your sig btw. :lol: )
million voices wrote:Order placed
Thank you.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's an origami dragon for you Stu... (Click to embiggen)
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:Image
There's an origami dragon for you Stu... (Click to embiggen)
Excellent. I'm still a long way off attempting something like that.

Of course, knowing that one of the judges likes origami may give you an unfair advantage so I'll have to let my fellow judge be arbiter here. :lol:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Forgot to post this earlier:

The Ultimate Dreamer is FREE to download from Amazon 13-15 May. That's 485 pages for free! Tell everyone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C33GAZG

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C33GAZG

And my website now has a forum. Come and join in so it's not just me! You can access it from the website or directly here:

http://thenexusforum.proboards.com/
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

The giveaway was a big success. Brought in hundreds of new readers around the world including the first three from Japan! Big thanks to everyone who participated.
Salome

Ok, so it appears that I do have Kindle in my tablet, and I just downloaded my own copy! :D
Can't wait to read it on the trams on my way to work 8)

As for the dragon art, sorry I can't join in, I think that the last dragon I drew was sometime during high school.. :.P
Pista
Cureboi

stufarq wrote:The giveaway was a big success. Brought in hundreds of new readers around the world including the first three from Japan! Big thanks to everyone who participated.
Result!!
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Salome wrote:Ok, so it appears that I do have Kindle in my tablet, and I just downloaded my own copy! :D
Can't wait to read it on the trams on my way to work 8)

As for the dragon art, sorry I can't join in, I think that the last dragon I drew was sometime during high school.. :.P
Tyanks for downloading. The competition's over anyway (winner to be announced as soon as I can get the website email fixed and let them know!) but it didn't have to be art, just a photo.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've finally got around to leaving a review on Amazon. Hope it doesn't go to your head Stu ;)
I wrote:A rip-roaring adventure, but that's not all...

As well, it's a philosophical musing on the subject of belief and what happens where magic, science and religion meet. Fiction about the nature of fiction if you will.

I think comparisons with Pratchett are doing Farquhar a disservice; while there is a superficial similarity in that they're both "Fantasy", "The Ultimate Dreamer" is less satirical and more thoughtful than the Discworld.
—Bertrand Russell