Photography Floodland era

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
iesus
Overbomber

I believe and agree on the term "The Suit". Everything started from that fantastic white Suit and my words before that was "I would like to have one like that".... :lol: :lol: ;D
:notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Untitled
Road Kill

stufarq wrote:And the suit works perfectly for the video (which works perfectly for the song). It's that old fashioned thing about wearing a white suit in the tropics.
I totally agree, The Suit has a nice "Death on the Nile" touch... ;D

Being645 wrote:the white Mercedes and the whole Eldritch . /. Patrica "storyline" is a giant joke ...
Yes, a giant joke... or an homage to Jermaine Jackson and Pia Zadora, with camels instead of motorcycles. ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Untitled wrote:
Being645 wrote:the white Mercedes and the whole Eldritch . /. Patrica "storyline" is a giant joke ...
Yes, a giant joke... or an homage to Jermaine Jackson and Pia Zadora, with camels instead of motorcycles. ;D
Image ... oh hell ... Image ... Image ...
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: Everything started from that fantastic white Suit
Wow, what does that mean? What is "everything"?
iesus
Overbomber

Dominion/Mother Russia video clip was my intro to the Sisters played a lot at TV at that time and liked it better than anything else in video clips at that time. That brought up Floodland, Floodland brought up FALAA and FALAA brought up the singles period etc. etc
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

Likewise, a similar experience. I'd heard some old tracks (memory is hazy but I'm almost certain I was exposed to Body And Soul quite early) but they meant nothing much to me. I'd heard Wayne's mob but wasn't interested. This Corrosion came out, all my friends hated it, I loved it, but I still didn't bite. Dominion was the one that did it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I remember seeing a Sisters fan at Hudderfield Poly with a very similar suit at the time the single came out. Twas very well done as far as I recall. I always wondered where does one buy, (particularly in Huddersfield - not exactly Milan!) that groovy a suit. Twas before t'internet after all. Maybe it was somebody about these parts... ;D
The Chancer Corporation
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

bearskin wrote:
iesus wrote: Everything started from that fantastic white Suit
Wow, what does that mean? What is "everything"?
Ah, this is the White Suit theory of the origin of the universe. Closely related to the Trousers of Time and the Black Hole Caused by Cosmic Moths.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:Dominion/Mother Russia video clip was my intro to the Sisters played a lot at TV at that time and liked it better than anything else in video clips at that time. That brought up Floodland, Floodland brought up FALAA and FALAA brought up the singles period etc. etc
Ah yes, I see.

Perversely. my own experience is the reverse of that. Starting off with the early singles and small club gigs, then the growth to 'big label' an on to over-the-top videos, which in many ways ended my immediate interest in the band. Around that time I was at Art College and losing interest a bit in indie rock music.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

There have been many variations on the White Suit as the origin of the Universe - these have been tailored to fit the different religions
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

million voices wrote:There have been many variations on the White Suit as the origin of the Universe - these have been tailored to fit the different religions
Drrrrrm tshhhhhh!
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Villemorien
Road Kill

I have the German ME/sounds article and the photos are by
'P. Rider © smash hits'
I've thought of this P(aul) Rider but after asking a couple of times in time (agent, website, personally, faceook even) I have no confirmation if he did shot the photos or not. Might be another P. Rider?

I've searched for a smash hits archive, but the only one I know of told me they have volumes up till 1985.

Tom Sheehan indeed shot some duo photography (with Patricia) and I'm in touch with him.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Have you got in touch with Patricia?

From memory, we had a thread where she was Ebaying memorabilia from her Sisters' days
(fund-raising for a close-friend's sick child?) and The White Suit was included.

Won by a French female forum member (no longer active) who then posted pics of her wearing it.

Anyone remember this? Or can do a HL search and dig-up the thread?

I doubt it'll help you OP, but I'm just throwing it out there as hopefully it'll jog more memories.

I've a sneaking suspicion Patricia will remember more than Andrew.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Alright it's not Dominion shooting and he is not with Patricia on the pic but it's from Floodland era and it's a very good pic. :wink:

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."