RIP Nelson Mandela

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.

Be free in peace sir. :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

R.I.P.! Hero!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

RIP ... :( ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

RiP Mr Mandela...
in dub we trust
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One of the most moving moments I've ever experienced involved Mr Mandela. He came to Leeds a few years ago, and there was some ceremony where they had a load of kids come up to shake his hand... but then one tiny little girl had another idea; when she came up she gave him a great big hug.

Not a dry eye in the place.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

Revived our faith in human kind after the horrors of Hitler. :notworthy:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
iesus
Overbomber

His greatest achievement was that he managed to reform his country without blood losses or civil war or something extreme. No matter if he was the mind behind that or the instrument that made this possible, his role was important mostly for his country and his fellow countrymen and less for the rest of the world. Rip and respect for that and some more :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
hallucienate
Overbomber

He was cool, we'll miss him.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

iesus wrote:... No matter if he was the mind behind that or the instrument that made this possible, his role was important mostly for his country and his fellow countrymen and less for the rest of the world.... :notworthy:
Oh that's not quite true. His contribution in abolishing apartheid, i.e. racism is immense. It goes way beyond the borders of South Africa!!!
The movement that developed through his engagement and committment has not only changed his country but had and has people get
involved worldwide ... and it is still going on, see for example the BDS movement ...

Furthermore, through his Nelson Mandela Foundations his work for a just society, for the benefit of children and sport and also in combatting
HIV (for example) will continue beyond his death ...
iesus
Overbomber

I don't believe in Foundations or Non Government Organizations or Any Type of Hippie Institution that plays commerces on TV's and advertises how many "innocent" penguins saved from bad sea lions's teeth ;D
They are mostly fake and live riches life on the backs of naive people around this blue(at the moment) planet :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

iesus wrote:I don't believe in Foundations or Non Government Organizations or Any Type of Hippie Institution that plays commerces on TV's and advertises how many "innocent" penguins saved from bad sea lions's teeth ;D
They are mostly fake and live riches life on the backs of naive people around this blue(at the moment) planet :notworthy:
On December 10, 1948, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declaring that "all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights."
And as to our topic, today, might be the best day to bury Nelson Mandela.
RibbonGirl
Road Kill

The same here. Of course it's a big loss. But... it's hard to figure out why some peace icons are encouraged by the media but other "human rights defenders" are just silenced or worse. Isn't it as if the Power's structures "need" to mantein some kind of Hero or hope for us mere mortals just in order to keep us "calmed"? Anyway, nevermind.. i think I'm not making a new point with this for none of us..
Talk to them, talk to someone,
Talk to me, or
Paint it on a wall,
But never stay in silence,
As silence kills.