Best bootleg?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mercifulfreak
Road Kill

Hi

In my Collection i have some bootlegs, sadly i must say that on the majority of them is the sound really bad. Is there any bootlegs out there with good sound?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If you're looking for the classic 80s line-up, the Nottingham concert recording commonly circulated as "Colours in Carnage" is a good one to start with.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Amsterdam(?) Trojan Horse around mid. 80's. and other soundboard recordings. some sister ray/ghostrider and other passionetly played and singed medleys.
Pista
Cureboi

This one would be also a good place to start
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paul
Overbomber

Pista wrote:This one would be also a good place to start
Amen to that!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

absolutely - a patern of bootleg. :notworthy:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Yep! Top quality release, dosen't get any better than this.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Dark Christmas in London, 1993
Dominion, Roskilde 1991
Smoke and Mirrors, Frankfurt 2003

There's plenty.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
mh
Above the Chemist

There are some nice 1983 recordings too, with Hamburg Kir being a personal favourite that includes rare outings of the original Temple of Love and Lights.

Typical sound on the best 1983 recordings is rough but serviceable; it's not going to sound as good as an 84/85 soundboard, and you shouldn't expect it to, but at least everything can be upfront and solid.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I like "Live In The Temple of Love", shame FALAA and Lucretia are missing from it.

Eggi's Helsinki 2011 is good.
LyanvisAberrant

markfiend wrote:If you're looking for the classic 80s line-up, the Nottingham concert recording commonly circulated as "Colours in Carnage" is a good one to start with.
Can't find this on youtube, any download link?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Eyes-like-Ice
Road Kill

i really enjoy the Shows in 1985 when gary had left (despite the fact gary is a great guy). and yes there had been fantastic Shows such as newcastle. but wayne played it more clear and faster so it got a more heavy style.

Trans-Europe-Excess is a good example for that last period. Crystal clear Sound. must be kolingsborg or gothenburg, right?

cheers, Oliver
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

this is a brilliant fan site and very comprehensive to the period 2011

http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~joalhan/sisters.htm

:notworthy: *

as you can see it's rating bootlegs too, so Notts 84 above is a 9 and Newcastle 85 a 10

hope this helps

* credit to the site owner
Goths have feelings too
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

my personal favourite is the unmarked Door recording of the 2/6/84 concert at the Melkweg
Just one of the pesky kids
LyanvisAberrant

Personal favourite? Live: probably sister ray or disguised in black.
not live: Entertainment or death. Seriously a great one. Burn is my favourite. Earbleedingly good :lol: :notworthy:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.