Eureka Machines news

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:engage with your fan base
Not thinking of anyone in particular are we? :lol: :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Going rather well, isn't it? Yay them. 216% and rising, and only 500 pledges short of the total last time, with less than a week gone.

Their hometown show is this Saturday and there are very very few tickets left:

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/280972

This is the one at which they'll be recording the DVD that is being made for this campaign, so you would in all probably be on it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Doesn't look like Kerry and I will make it to the Brudenell on Saturday. :(

That's the problem with being such popular social butterflies you see. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Damian wrote:Going rather well, isn't it? Yay them. 216% and rising, and only 500 pledges short of the total last time, with less than a week gone.
It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Loved the eighties covers EP.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Same here, especially the cover ... :lol: ...
No chance to see their hometown show live, though ... the Brudenell is just a few miles too far from here ... so the DVD is very welcome ... :wink: ...
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote: It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Same here, especially the cover ... :lol: ...
No chance to see their hometown show live, though ... the Brudenell is just a few miles too far from here ... so the DVD is very welcome ... :wink: ...
The show was incredible - the best I've ever seen them, by some distance, so the DVD should be an absolute treat...
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

I'm really curious to see them one day. There wont be a chance to see them in Belgium anytime soon. I'd book them myself, but I wouldn't know where to get the audience for it to recover the costs to book a cross-channel band for one gig. From the pool of lets say 500 people who come to my shows, in groups of 60-100 per show depending on the line-up, venue and mostly genre, I wouldn't know who would come to see this style of music. I'm not a fan of the genre or any bands that sound a bit alike either, but the songs from this band are just so catchy and good. It seems to be part of the British pop rock style that was popular in 2005-2009, but now... not so much, at least not in Belgium :(

Guess I'll have to schedule my trip to Leeds next summer (hopefully) around a gig, if no other occasions come up (like a Near Meth Experience or Sisters gig :lol: , or just another nice gig)
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

VonII wrote:I'm really curious to see them one day. There wont be a chance to see them in Belgium anytime soon. I'd book them myself, but I wouldn't know where to get the audience for it to recover the costs to book a cross-channel band for one gig. From the pool of lets say 500 people who come to my shows, in groups of 60-100 per show depending on the line-up, venue and mostly genre, I wouldn't know who would come to see this style of music. I'm not a fan of the genre or any bands that sound a bit alike either, but the songs from this band are just so catchy and good. It seems to be part of the British pop rock style that was popular in 2005-2009, but now... not so much, at least not in Belgium :(

Guess I'll have to schedule my trip to Leeds next summer (hopefully) around a gig, if no other occasions come up (like a Near Meth Experience or Sisters gig :lol: , or just another nice gig)
Use it as an excuse for a holiday! I'd never go abroad just for a gig, but I have fitted short breaks round overseas gigs on three occasions. That way, if the gig gets cancelled/rescheduled, it's not too bad.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Looks like the Eurekas are out on tour in the Spring. http://circuitsweet.co.uk/2015/01/eurek ... our-dates/. Ben's band gave one date in March. Neither band has yet announced anything for the summer ...
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Looks like the Eurekas are out on tour in the Spring. http://circuitsweet.co.uk/2015/01/eurek ... our-dates/. Ben's band gave one date in March. Neither band has yet announced anything for the summer ...
Just enough time between Hull (5th) and Sheffield (22nd) for a few SOM dates then :D
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 07_0_2_0_C
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Joy wrote:Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... :notworthy: ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... :notworthy: ...
No it isn't. *pedant mode* it is actually The Sisters Of Mercy. Perhaps they had a word limit.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:

No it isn't. *pedant mode* it is actually The Sisters Of Mercy. Perhaps they had a word limit.
... :lol: ... OK. In the headline (maybe limited space, indeed) ... in the text it's different ... :wink: ;D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Update this evening with snippets of some new songs

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.
Pista
Cureboi

Damian wrote:Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.
Yep, saw this over the weekend. Great news chaps. Well deserved.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Damian wrote:Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

Yep, saw this over the weekend. Great news chaps. Well deserved.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Absolutely great news ... Congrats!!!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... :D ...
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I don't get EM.

Quite in the minority here, I know - just sayin'
Four strings good, six strings bad
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:I don't get EM.

Well, minority in a thread dedicated to EM maybe, but I believe the vast majority of Sisters fans "don't get" EM. No offence to Chris, he does a great job in the Sisters, but EM is just a totally different type of music.

I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote:I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
I don't get NxN :lol:
Four strings good, six strings bad
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

euphoria wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:I don't get EM.

Well, minority in a thread dedicated to EM maybe, but I believe the vast majority of Sisters fans "don't get" EM. No offence to Chris, he does a great job in the Sisters, but EM is just a totally different type of music.

I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
They are a very different beast, definitely.

Personally I've always like that pop-punk Wildhearts/Hives vibe, so EM's take on it works a charm for me 8)

YMMV :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

New choon.
Welcome To My Shangri-La

& it's a goody :D :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

And here's the cover art of the new album. Looks good ... somewhat reminds me of, err ...