CPOB #89743

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Public transport? No way! I'm allergic to parfume ...

CPO, as I'm still not through with all the work I gotta do ... but hell, only six more pages ... and then I'll take a looong nice bath ... *sigh
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Fecking Amazon.

I put in a big order for Xmas presents on Sunday, and paid extra for next-day delivery at work. Delivery tracking says they made a delivery attempt yesterday at 6:15 pm (like anyone's going to be in work at that time!) and would try again today. Still no sign...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Fecking Amazon.

I put in a big order for Xmas presents on Sunday, and paid extra for next-day delivery at work. Delivery tracking says they made a delivery attempt yesterday at 6:15 pm (like anyone's going to be in work at that time!) and would try again today. Still no sign...
Are they using Yodel still?
If they are, check in the garden, the bins or anywhere else you wouldn't expect them to be
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:Fecking Amazon.

Are they using Yodel still?
If they are, check in the garden, the bins or anywhere else you wouldn't expect them to be
I remember when I bought my first sisters record, I spent ages waiting, and then discovered that it was in a bush round the side of my house absolutely sodden. No idea how long it had been there, but thank god for the unnecessary over packing; the record and sleeve was fine.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nah, it's being delivered to work, and they've tried (twice now) to deliver outside work hours. 6:15 and 8:25. I have had the delivery charge refunded but I'd rather have my stuff!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Got stuff now. And to give them their dues, all the various people at Amazon customer services have been very helpful.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Being given the friggin' runaround by sony.
I bought a nice new AV receiver in March that also had internet radio services served by vtuner.
About a month ago now sony announced vtuner had suspended their service to certain devices.
Contact with sony results in them pointing the finger at vtuner & contact with vtuner results in....well sweet falicity arkwright.
Sure, I still get some stations, but all the saved faves are now unplayable & sony keep avoiding my demand for a replacement receiver that uses a different radio provider.
Grrrrrrr :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Every Sony product I've ever owned turned out to be a POS (Discman, two Minidisc players, various headphones, "smart"phone).
Okay, every one except for that pair of small speakers I got in the mid-90s, which is still functioning perfectly... hm.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Got promoted Wed. Go me

Missed work xmas party in hospital with my baby who was ambulanced yesterday. Now looking to keyhole op her brain. Poop
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote:Got promoted Wed. Go me

Missed work xmas party in hospital with my baby who was ambulanced yesterday. Now looking to keyhole op her brain. Poop
Holy cr@p dude!!
Fingers crossed for the little mite.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:

Holy cr@p dude!!
Oh my! All the good energies for little PiB from me as well !!!
rien

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:

Holy cr@p dude!!
Oh my! All the good energies for little PiB from me as well !!!
From me, too! Oh dear, oh dear...
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oof. All the best PiB
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Geez. Hope all goes well.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Had a bump in the car. Not much damage and no-one hurt, but I've just spent over an hour on the phone to the insurance company. This is going to end up costing me a fortune.

Christmas is cancelled.
—Bertrand Russell
rien

markfiend wrote:Had a bump in the car. Not much damage and no-one hurt, but I've just spent over an hour on the phone to the insurance company. This is going to end up costing me a fortune.

Christmas is cancelled.
Oh no :( :( :( Sorry to hear that.
Pista
Cureboi

@Fiendy.
That sucks.
But at least you're not injured.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pista wrote:@Fiendy.
That sucks.
That. Especially in light of what happened in Glasgow today.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:Had a bump in the car. Not much damage and no-one hurt, but I've just spent over an hour on the phone to the insurance company. This is going to end up costing me a fortune.

Christmas is cancelled.
Oh hell, car accidents are always such a mess ... :urff: ... and even worse, if it's you to pay ... :urff: ...
stufarq wrote:
Pista wrote:@Fiendy.
That sucks.
That. Especially in light of what happened in Glasgow today.
Absolutely... :eek: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've got a sneaking feeling the other driver is trying for an insurance scam.

But yeah what happened in Glasgow has put it in perspective. I've just got a slightly bent car, it could have been far worse. My heart goes out to all those affected.
—Bertrand Russell
rien

markfiend wrote:I've got a sneaking feeling the other driver is trying for an insurance scam.

But yeah what happened in Glasgow has put it in perspective. I've just got a slightly bent car, it could have been far worse. My heart goes out to all those affected.
I think it's legitimate to feel terrible even when other people have it worse. You can't undo others' tragedies anyway, regardless of how you feel about your own situation.
(Something I learnt in relation to mental illness, but I think it's generally applicable.)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

sorry to hear that mark...

sympathies to glasgow....

any news Ez? all best wishes and crossed fingers man... :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:I've got a sneaking feeling the other driver is trying for an insurance scam.

I didn't mean it that way - wasn't saying what happened to you was any less important because of some disaster elsewhere. Just seemed appropriate to mention it. Genuinely glad you weren't hurt.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:I didn't mean it that way - wasn't saying what happened to you was any less important because of some disaster elsewhere. Just seemed appropriate to mention it. Genuinely glad you weren't hurt.
No worries, I didn't think you were having a go. Thanks.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:Oof. All the best PiB
thank you all.

they agreed to defer until after Christmas, so we're making the most of it 8)
Goths have feelings too