Body Electric 7" - I need a proper vinyl rip please !!!

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
sathvyre
Road Kill

at the time i do the final work on my personal restored and remastered "some girls wander by mistake". i never could listen to that compilation, cause the EQing was horrible and some of the vinyl rips sounds still bad (especially the "body electric" tracks).
it would be great if somebody could upload a lossless and flat transfer from the original vinyl (not declicked, nor denoised, not EQed etc.). if possible, with a really good cartridge. i need it to compare the frequency range with the tracks, included on the 1988 abstract sounds compilation cd. thank you very much in advance !!!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I don't own an orignal, but I wonder whether a 2009 re-release woundn't do? Should be identical, or not? ... :? ...
sathvyre
Road Kill

sorry, i never heard about an official reissue of the single...and a bootleg, sourced from another vinyl with equipment nobody knows will definitely sound VERY different, compared to an original one.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Where are you from, country I mean?
Otherwise, I have good sound recording gear, but just an ordinary 20-yo Philips turntable... maybe that's good enough?

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
sathvyre
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Where are you from, country I mean?
Otherwise, I have good sound recording gear, but just an ordinary 20-yo Philips turntable... maybe that's good enough?

IZ.
i am from germany - but why is that important ???
i have 25 years old technics turntables - and still love them !!!
if you have good cartridge and a good phono preamp, i would apprciate a nice transfer from the original 7".
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've had the same idea myself. I'm keen on hearing the finished result @sathvyre.

I'm interested to learn why you'd be interested in the 7" as a source, as I believe that the best source for a vinyl rip would be the 1985 CNT LP?
"The lambs are dead and the cows explode"
sathvyre
Road Kill

as the 1985 lp is a compilation, i am sure that some additional mastering (eq tweaking) was done to the tracks. the original 7" should represent the sound exactly as it was heard in 1982.
Gaijin

sathvyre wrote:as the 1985 lp is a compilation, i am sure that some additional mastering (eq tweaking) was done to the tracks. the original 7" should represent the sound exactly as it was heard in 1982.
While the 2 will likely sound different to each other, I'd lay money that neither sounds the same as the studio reel.

Aren't 1980"s 7" singles pitched differently because of the medium, and the fact that the label/artist wanted them played on radio? In 1982 what frequencies were best transmitted via the radio bands in use?

AFAIK, the mastering cut could have clouded the original 7" just as much as the 1985 LP.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Didn't davedecay share it recently in the BE thread?

My friend has a copy and I will be needledropping it shortly. So either way it'll come to light.
sathvyre
Road Kill

if anybody would find the link of the shared vinylrip, please let me know.
nice to know that another dedicated needledropper will get an original one for a transfer soon :)
Gaijin

davedecay wrote: starting with lossy, here's 320 kbps LAME MP3
https://app.box.com/s/7szdy0yqbi8ypq6gp2ogsg967v20t8a4

now here's the FLAC version
https://app.box.com/s/vybyac10gw1grf8g43655a675ve1w7nd

these both have very light ClickRepair filters run on the source WAV.

if wanted I can share the unfiltered version in a 96/24 FLAC for you purists.
So far there's been no public upload of the 96/24 rip, and no Adrenachrome.
"The lambs are dead and the cows explode"
sathvyre
Road Kill

thank you.