Is Goth Just a Phase?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Also filled in...for me definetely a phase (which kind of clings for 25 years)
sultan2075
Overbomber

I know you've explained it before, but where did you get that name? Every time I see it I shudder with horror yet nevertheless find myself amused.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Survey done - yet another for who 'this phase I'm going through ' equates to 30 years and counting
Just one of the pesky kids
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

filled it out and some...why are my opinions so bloody long and complicated? :lol:

yeah its a phase...the one between birth and wormfood.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Pista wrote:@splintered thing
Looks like Mr Sinister (The Blogging Goth) has joined in too. ;)
Expect lots of surveys :D
Well it's a small world (and it smells funny). Should have known this place would be Ground Zero for us all!

I dropped Emma an e-mail as I'm curious about what she finds out, so there will be an article on her results for us non-academic lot in the future.

8)
Pista
Cureboi

timsinister wrote:
I dropped Emma an e-mail as I'm curious about what she finds out, so there will be an article on her results for us non-academic lot in the future.

8)
Nice :D :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Jim
Slight Overbomber

It's like being an alcoholic. You're always an alcoholic, even if you've got in under control.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Jim wrote:It's like being an alcoholic. You're always an alcoholic, even if you've got in under control.
That is the best quote yet!!

Thanks again everyone. I will keep you posted as the response rate has been great and people have been very generous with their time.
[and I am on FB now too.... was a conscientious objector until this project]
as the day is long,
rain from heaven