Vinyl re-issue of FLOODLAND + 3 EPs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
robertzombie
Overbomber

You're completely wrong.

Rhino has a very good track record for excellent vinyl reissues. Their recent F&L&A used original tapes as their source and was mastered excellently by Ray Staff. When was the last time you could buy an all-analogue pressing of the original F&L&A album brand new? Oh yeah, the late '80s. Now it is available - arguably, sounding better than ever before - to a whole new generation of fans and to those who wish to upgrade their old copies.

So many Sisters fans are quick to degrade this reissue series. Listen to the F&L&A box on good playback gear and you will see that it is a worthy addition to the Sisters' catalogue. I hope the Floodland box will be of the same standard.
Pista
Cureboi

darkingaddress wrote:Can I state the obvious here and say its all very 'Paint a vulgar picture'.

If the band don't get anything from this I encourage people not to buy them. If you really want them for whatever reason, fine. But you have to admit there is nothing new here so in essence its a bit pointless and actually quite offensive. The record companies know some die-hard, and possibly deranged fans MUST have every format, its like ocd to them and that just isn't fair.

But back in the day when 'vulgar picture' was first released, it was a sore point then as we were all kids essentially with limited cash. And the bands would simply claim 'its the record companies, not us'. But that has turned out to be rubbish, and I cite steven severin from the banshees as an example. He can be found on 'slicing up eyeballs' pushing the record company themselves for more re-issues. Then stuff comes out with just nothing new. Exception being the falaa reissue with the extra tracks, at least that was worthy and good value. I would encourage people to track down the g/f sleeve, imports or simply get bootlegs or original vinyl off ebay or wherever
You get your facts from slicing up eyeballs? :lol:
I was in two minds as to whether something I loved the sound of in 85 could be better & have been proven wrong.
If you want to listen to the music on your phone or mp3player, then you prolly won't hear a difference.
If you actually want to listen to the music YOU WILL.
Oh, & Severin knew full well that the Banshees re-issues were put on hold & it wasn't that cr@ppy eyeballs blog that got them kickstarted.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

So don't buy it then.
:wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

darkingaddress wrote:Yes, that's what's I've said, isn't it. How many f**king times am I expected to buy the same the same record
As many times as you please.
darkingaddress wrote:And the cure can f**k off for the prices of their tickets as well
You can take or leave those too

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

darkingaddress wrote:That's a different issue really, its vinyl vs cd, mp3 doesn't sound as good etc etc.

I have plenty of experience of vinyl from years past and actually its a good example of marketing or the world gone tits up, in general just because the vinyl is heavier, for instance, that does not necessarily equate to a better sound. From what I recall, thinner vinyl can often sound better. What does matter is the hi-fi you play it through, that's it really

Mp3's can often be variable though.

I don't often look at slicing up eyeballs, I've just used that from memory, but it seemed to have lots of different stuff on it and seemed quite good
Yeah, they were put on hold and indeed severin knew that, the reissues when they arrived turned out to be lame (sorry banshees). But at one point he was hinting at a 20-box reissue. That's all very well if there is sufficient material but as far as I can see, as mr punter, there isn't. That's the catch
Not sure what record thickness has to do with it. It's all about the mastering, that's what is so satisfying about this project - the albums are being treated with respect and presented with superior sonics to before.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

darkingaddress

You've been warned once. Now stop being so damn confrontational and play nice.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:darkingaddress

You've been warned once. Now stop being so damn confrontational and play nice.

hehehehe long time since I saw one of those :twisted:
MUSICA È
TOUCHED BY CORROSION
Road Kill

Any news on this box? Is it released today or next month?
robertzombie
Overbomber

It's not out until October and is currently cheapest from Amazon Spain.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Diverse Vinyl comes through with £46.

http://www.diversevinyl.com/item.php?id ... 78546349d2
mh
Above the Chemist

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Still £10 cheaper from the Spanish!
robertzombie
Overbomber

Counting down!
robertzombie
Overbomber

Hmm... No sign of any high-res downloads. The "Floodland Collection" is up on iTunes but it's due for release on Nov. 20 :(
iesus
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:Hmm... No sign of any high-res downloads. The "Floodland Collection" is up on iTunes but it's due for release on Nov. 20 :(
Will surely do not make a move, before i read the report about the quality and differences with diagrams from robert :notworthy:
It was always one of my favorites posts after a release like that :D
Didn't admit it and give credit until now. Thank you robert :wink:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
robertzombie
Overbomber

iesus wrote:
robertzombie wrote:Hmm... No sign of any high-res downloads. The "Floodland Collection" is up on iTunes but it's due for release on Nov. 20 :(
Will surely do not make a move, before i read the report about the quality and differences with diagrams from robert :notworthy:
It was always one of my favorites posts after a release like that :D
Didn't admit it and give credit until now. Thank you robert :wink:
You're welcome!
robertzombie
Overbomber

Anyone got theirs yet? I went with zOverstocks in the end and it's shipped!
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Looks like it will be Popmarket.com deal of the day on Monday. I bought FALAA from them cheaper than anywhere else. Also shipping in the US is fee. Cheers
I am NOT in the cool club
robertzombie
Overbomber

Has anyone got it yet?
wolf_hour
Road Kill

7digital has a pre-order with release date of 11-20 (tomorrow): https://us.7digital.com/artist/sisters-of-mercy/albums

Roberzombie, I am listening to music mostly on laptop via usb DAC to Grado headphones - best to purchase the 24 bit flac version? :notworthy:
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

mine is on it's way to Belgium
arrival -> probably tommorow
- since 1992 -
robertzombie
Overbomber

24/192 version available now from HD Tracks. USE CODE HDNOV20UK TO SAVE 15%

wolf_hour: Go for the highest quality your DAC can play.
Last edited by robertzombie on 20 Nov 2015, 10:19, edited 2 times in total.