Facebook

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i dont actually know many people here's full real name, but i would probably like to be your friend on FB. if youre on FB and we're not yet friends (and you'd like to be) could you PM me your real name? i dont accept or send friend requests from/to people if i dont know who they are, but if i know youre a HLer then obviously i will.

always
Lee 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm already Facebook friends with enough HLers that my "real" name probably crops up from time to time in "people you might know" - no worries, I'm not offended if people don't want to be my friend ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:I'm already Facebook friends with enough HLers that my "real" name probably crops up from time to time in "people you might know" - no worries, I'm not offended if people don't want to be my friend ;D
youre already my friend as you well know and ive nearly always known your real name. even more helpful ive met you a few times so recognise you in your photos lol.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D I meant that more in terms of a general comment than a specific reply.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

it helped me illustrate my other point -that i forgot in the first post- that i dont know what most people look like either. :lol:

love always
Lee 8)

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: I have mental images based on HL avatars... and no, I'm not a meerkat ;D
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

lol and i'm not a flasher... :lol:

GC
Slight Overbomber

uhhh......I'll get my coat :innocent: :D
million voices
Slight Overbomber

EMWK - If I was on Facebook then I would desperately want to be your friend
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
eastmidswhizzkid

million voices wrote:EMWK - If I was on Facebook then I would desperately want to be your friend
what a nice thing to say...thank-you very much. 8)

Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

OK PM sent you can't be too far away so might bump into each other at some band or other.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote::lol: I have mental images based on HL avatars... and no, I'm not a meerkat ;D
Well you say that, but...
...well, once upon a time my sister had a fiend on t'Book whose avatar was exactly the same as yours (Mr. Molesworth). It occurred to me that it might be the same person, although she assured me that none of her fiends were into dodgy goff bands from the 80s. The prospect of crossing those particular streams...yeah, really doesn't bear thinking about. :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: nigel the gorila of form 2b is [s]yoobickwitis[/s] [s]ubeequitus[/s] everywhere.

As ane fule kno.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote::lol: nigel the gorila of form 2b is [s]yoobickwitis[/s] [s]ubeequitus[/s] everywhere.

As ane fule kno.
Well yes - but the avatar and the first name seemed to be too much of a cowinkydunk. Paranoid, moi? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

limur wrote:PM'd

Is everyone on here; https://www.facebook.com/groups/myheartland/members/
Newp. :urff: I left Arsebook in late 2010, or thereabouts, because of some nasty melodrama/nonsense that hit close to home; I haven't been back since.

It's kind if funny–I considered myself an "early adopter" of a lot of stuff, back in the day, and now I just find it all so...tiresome. Incidentally, and sort of on-topic, have you seen what constitutes "g*th" these days? Check out the photos circulating online from this year's M'era Luna, for starters... :eek: :| :roll: Jaded? Bitter? Jealous? Dunno. Bored, definitely. Meh.
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eastmidswhizzkid

i wasn't -but i am now.

Dark
Underneath the Rock

SINsister wrote:have you seen what constitutes "g*th" these days? Check out the photos circulating online from this year's M'era Luna, for starters... :eek: :| :roll: Jaded? Bitter? Jealous? Dunno. Bored, definitely. Meh.
See, I thought that about a lot of newer goth bands. But then realised I was looking in the wrong place - turns out if you look up new "post-punk" bands you get goth, and if you look up new "goth" bands you get disappointment.

Mercifully plenty of good stuff being made, but the signal-to-noise ratio is lamentable.

(also hi SINny! <3)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

You can find the Abridged magazine on FB at ahem 'Abridged' and if you want to have on your feed Peanuts Cartoons, music videos and complaints about referees you can find me through there. :wink: Ta, Greg.
The Chancer Corporation
Dan
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

i wasn't -but i am now.
Never seen that before. Now joined.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i made it years ago, but it's not mentioned much. nice to have more people, so do join up.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

emilystrange wrote:nice to have more people, so do join up.
:von:
DAMMIT. Does this mean that I'm going to be assimilated? Sh1tsh1tsh1t. I need to think on this... :von:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Dark wrote:See, I thought that about a lot of newer goth bands. But then realised I was looking in the wrong place - turns out if you look up new "post-punk" bands you get goth, and if you look up new "goth" bands you get disappointment.

Mercifully plenty of good stuff being made, but the signal-to-noise ratio is lamentable.

(also hi SINny! <3)
*Waves* How the hell are ya?! ;D

Re: M'era Luna: I was also referring to the festival attendees; I'm not opposed to (decent) industrial music, as I was quite the rivethead during my Chicago days. It's the...I dunno...over-the-top, "manufactured" Instagram g*th thing that irks, I guess. What happened to the DIY aesthetic? You know what I mean–the days when a pair of ripped-up fishnets worn as a top and a bit of backcombing and hairspray were enough..? I love piercings and tattoos, but it's gotten to the point that the most subversive thing that one can do with one's appearance in the "alternative" scenes nowadays is to NOT have any piercings or tattoos! WTF?! :evil: :roll: *Sigh*

Incidentally, I think it's hilarious that ol' Android and the boys played this year's M'era Luna. They must've seemed like a freakish anomaly...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Sinny, you were always an honourary member.
And you know I'd be glad to have you xxx
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
christophe
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Re: M'era Luna: I was also referring to the festival attendees; I'm not opposed to (decent) industrial music, as I was quite the rivethead during my Chicago days. It's the...I dunno...over-the-top, "manufactured" Instagram g*th thing that irks, I guess. What happened to the DIY aesthetic? You know what I mean–the days when a pair of ripped-up fishnets worn as a top and a bit of backcombing and hairspray were enough..? I love piercings and tattoos, but it's gotten to the point that the most subversive thing that one can do with one's appearance in the "alternative" scenes nowadays is to NOT have any piercings or tattoos! WTF?! :evil: :roll: *Sigh*

Incidentally, I think it's hilarious that ol' Android and the boys played this year's M'era Luna. They must've seemed like a freakish anomaly...
was I on any of those pictures? :D

what bothered me the past couple of days was the fact 90% of the people who attended M'era Luna ware Goths (duh)
but, where ware the Punks, the general music lovers, the kids with big eyes in awe of everything around them??? :eek:
no, Goth has become a self-sustaining entity, old Goths make new Goths and so on, but where is the new blood? there are a lot of thing happening elsewhere musicwhise, but the "scene" seems to be afraid of anything that is new and exciting.

sorry for ranting on. :innocent:
Another Shade of You.