Rogue One

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Loved it...only two bad points.

Tha Leia CGI was terrible.

Saw Gerrera was incredibly annoying...(or just underdeveloped as a character.)
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Would love to know how they did his voice.
The Manager guy from Holby City was his body and voice double.

Four strings good, six strings bad
Pista
Cureboi

That's a good factoid :D

Quick spoiler.
The storm troopers still couldn't hit a barn door at 5 paces

One thing bugs me. The 2 guys who gave Luke grief in the cantina in ANH were in Jakku city.
They would have to have teleported out of there before it got vapourised to be able to make it to Tatooine.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GC
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:That's a good factoid :D

Quick spoiler.

One thing bugs me. The 2 guys who gave Luke grief in the cantina in ANH were in Jakku city.
They would have to have teleported out of there before it got vapourised to be able to make it to Tatooine.
The Super black armoured Storm Troopers were quite sharp shots.
Pista
Cureboi

Gollum's Cock wrote:
Pista wrote:That's a good factoid :D

Quick spoiler.

The Super black armoured Storm Troopers were quite sharp shots.
Goth troopers :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:One thing bugs me. The 2 guys who gave Luke grief in the cantina in ANH were in Jakku city.
We don't know how long C-3P0 and R2D2 were in the desert though, do we? It could've been a day or more before the Jawas picked them up, get transported, sold to Owen etc. This would allow plenty of time for them to leave Jakku and get to Tatooine.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:The Super black armoured Storm Troopers were quite sharp shots.
The Death Troopers were awesome. Their menacing insect-like talk only added to it.
Pista
Cureboi

Norman Hunter wrote:
Pista wrote:One thing bugs me. The 2 guys who gave Luke grief in the cantina in ANH were in Jakku city.
We don't know how long C-3P0 and R2D2 were in the desert though, do we? It could've been a day or more before the Jawas picked them up, get transported, sold to Owen etc. This would allow plenty of time for them to leave Jakku and get to Tatooine.
??
R2 & 3PO were on Leia's ship in ANH way after Jakku city got greased. IIRC they were in Rogue One in the entrance to the hangar at the rebel base.
I meant Ponda Baba & Dr. Evazan. Jyn bumped into them in the street in Jakku city & they snapped at her briefly minutes before Krennic turned the place into a large hole.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I get that. What I was saying was the timeline between C-3PO and R2D2 leaving the rebel ship, landing, getting picked up, being sold and then going to Mos Eisely is blurry. This would give plenty of time for the other two on Jakku to leave and travel to Tatooine? they could've been on their way as Jyn bumped into them?
Pista
Cureboi

Norman Hunter wrote:I get that. What I was saying was the timeline between C-3PO and R2D2 leaving the rebel ship, landing, getting picked up, being sold and then going to Mos Eisely is blurry. This would give plenty of time for the other two on Jakku to leave and travel to Tatooine? they could've been on their way as Jyn bumped into them?
Not really. At some point Leia needed to jam the death star plans into R2 before they jettisoned the escape pod to Tatooine & she never got them until the very end of Rogue One.
Aaaand...oh my gosh we are such nerds :oops: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Shall we call it a no-score draw?
Pista
Cureboi

Norman Hunter wrote:Shall we call it a no-score draw?
:lol:
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

you should both be chucked into this f**ker.

**EDIT: i beat the swearbot again (no BBcode in above expletive.). :eek:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
I think I fixed it :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I loved Rogue One, but the CGI Cushing didn't work so well for me. I found it much too distracting, perhaps because i watch Cushing in Hammer Horror movies every other week 8) Would've preferred to see the actor who did the mo-cap performance rather than the layers of fakery they added to him to be honest. Or just give Tarkin's scheming to Vader so he'd have something more interesting to do than hang out in his castle and then beat some rebels up. And the Leia CGI was… unfortunate. Like that godawful Audrey Hepburn chocolate commercial - utterly lifeless, which, given the recent traumatic loss of Carrie Fisher is gonna make it difficult to watch the ending of Rogue One ever again if i'm honest. Seeing the Princess costume was enough. I thought the CGI face reveal was unnecessary, and wished they'd just gone with the voice and the hand receiving the plans - sometimes the old tricks are the best tricks! 7 out of 10.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I haven't seen it. I'm not an uber fan and am happy to wait for the DVD

However, I did feel compelled to say that I find the Audrey Hepburn chocolate commercial absolutely dreadful.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I finally watched it last night. I give it twelvety out of ten. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

My initial feeling was that it was good. Better that Force Awakens. But it had several things that bugged me;

The CGI Moff and Leia.
The lack of character depth.
The first 20 or so minutes that seemed rushed.
Why was that mind eating blob in it?
Darth Vader using the light saber - quite unnecessary for a mighty Sith-lord against such low rebel scum?
Etc etc.

But I generally liked it. 4/5 I guess. The only character I actually cared for was Galen Erso...
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Zacharias wrote:Darth Vader using the light saber - quite unnecessary for a mighty Sith-lord against such low rebel scum?
Maybe he just felt like a scrap.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Aye, he's in the second wave boarding the Tantive IV at the start of ANH, he's clearly up for a bash.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
Zacharias wrote:Darth Vader using the light saber - quite unnecessary for a mighty Sith-lord against such low rebel scum?
Maybe he just felt like a scrap.
Darth Vader wrote:C'mon then if you think you're dark enough
?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Rowdy Vader! :lol: