15 candles...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sigh

Do we have to do the fat gags?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

We don't have to, no, but it's Wednesday - Low-Hanging Fruit day. Now, if you prefer I can do gags about :von:'s "low-hanging fruit" but I don't think that any of us want that, so the alternative is cheap gags about donut-fixations, pie-feloniousness, and sundry pastry-obsessions. Partly because the person purporting to be the lady in question was quite funny the last time "she" posted, getting all mardy about it, and I wanted to see if maybe we could encourage "her" to come out of the woodwork again.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Been here for 14 years! can't quite believe it. I may moan and get into all sorts of stupid arguments with douchebags but I still love the place.

f**k Facebook, now who is it that has that in their sig...
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Debaser
Overbomber

Appi burfdi to us
Appi burfdi to us
Appi burfdi dear Heartland
Appi burfdi to us

xxx
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Squeakymouse
Road Kill
Location: The place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight

Happy birthday Heartland
We do tend to be quite popular in the Middle East tour industry for some reason :lol:
Nowt to do with me :innocent: :innocent:
Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

HBD, dear Heartland ... Image :D :D :D Image ... It's such a lovely place full of lovely people, all struggles included ... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i've been here over 13 years! Where did they go?
HB, HL!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Big Si
School Bully

Happy Birthday everyone! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
iesus
Overbomber

Happy B-Day to all of us :D
Such a shame we don't have already get all that nice emoticons for birthdays from cure fan-forum yet :lol:
Any way Image ImageImageImageImage
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Happy birthday HL :kiss:

I was a long time lurker before finally joining. I do love it here even though I don't post much.

It's like a family. You know where you can have a go at your own brother but if anyone else has a go at him, you'd be the first to get stuck in. I like that and I'm big on loyalty.

I'm probably not making much sense but hopefully, you know what I mean. Anyway, Happy Birthday :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Have only been on here for five years or so but happy anniversary to all you lifers out there :notworthy:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Hmm....does that mean that next year HL will be sweet 16?
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Happy Birthday HL. I sometimes wonder how we would hear about all the Sisters news without you. Thank you to all those who take the time to make it all tick. :notworthy:

PS and thank you to :von: without whom all this would not be possible :lol:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:...the person purporting to be the lady in question was quite funny the last time "she" posted, getting all mardy about it, and I wanted to see if maybe we could encourage "her" to come out of the woodwork again.
As far as we can tell, that really was Patricia. So no "scare quotes" needed.

Anyhoo. I suppose I can't complain on her behalf when I spent about a week slagging off Wayne a while back ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

12 years I've been here. Twelve years! Less for murder etc but thanks to those who keep it ticking over.

I'm not on the facebook whatsit and I get all my news here so don't go away y'all.
Chucking another log on
hallucienate
Overbomber

Flipping heck, 15 years! Happy birthday from an old friend.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I remember when it was all green round here

it's all your fault Elanmoomoo :P
Goths have feelings too
abridged
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:...the person purporting to be the lady in question was quite funny the last time "she" posted, getting all mardy about it, and I wanted to see if maybe we could encourage "her" to come out of the woodwork again.

Anyhoo. I suppose I can't complain on her behalf when I spent about a week slagging off Wayne a while back ;D
The whole attacking Patricia thing was distasteful to say the least. Normally HL stays on the right side of things. I remember a FB post on a Sisters page where it was open season on her with horrible stuff being said and the page mods maintaining the right of 'free speech'. Everyone is allowed a car. But you can't run people over with it.
The Chancer Corporation
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Happy Birthday Heartland.

I must admit I joined for totally selfish reasons - I wanted a shelf full of Sisters recordings that I would very rarely play.

I ended up with a brand new kitchen.

In the scheme of things I contribute very little but I do love Heartland.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

awwwwwww
Pista
Cureboi

million voices wrote:Happy Birthday Heartland.

I must admit I joined for totally selfish reasons - I wanted a shelf full of Sisters recordings that I would very rarely play.

I ended up with a brand new kitchen.
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:

Really? That really was Patricia? Even when she signed off with "Now let me get back to this bucket of chicken I was eating."? Ok, fair enough - the quotes were just to indicate that I didn't know what gender the poster identified as, and didn't want to appear insensitive (because heaven forfend, amirite?).
But you have a point - the whole Fat Pat thing is perhaps a little long in the tooth, and it's not on. Slag someone off for being a tw@, having no talent, or whatever other reasons you were having a pop at Wayne about. But fat-shaming is for cheap laughs at someone's expense (some would say that you can't laugh at the afflicted. Others would say that you shouldn't, but if you've heard the joke about Helen Keller falling down a well and breaking 3 fingers calling for help then you know you can).

So I commit to not making any Fat Pat (nor Fat Bob) jokes, and I will do my best to stop referring to :von: as Shorty or the Gnome Of Darkness.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
eotunun
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Plus, it's very close to the tenth aniversary of that memorable Antwerp/Lier-do.

I guess a couple of Notworthies in the general direction of a certain Mr. Fiend are due as well, for he has proven the very backbone of the forum!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

When was it tat I joined? Just to reply to some topic initially, being allowed to look through a few things on the web staying at friend's, for I had no web access of my own yet.
Little did I know it would make me find friends from all over the globe. Image

There is shadow under this red rock
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

[quote="paint it black"]I remember when it was all green round here

it's all your fault Elanmoomoo :P[/quote

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: "The carpet" :lol:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
markfiend wrote:

Really? That really was Patricia? Even when she signed off with "Now let me get back to this bucket of chicken I was eating."? Ok, fair enough - the quotes were just to indicate that I didn't know what gender the poster identified as, and didn't want to appear insensitive (because heaven forfend, amirite?).
But you have a point - the whole Fat Pat thing is perhaps a little long in the tooth, and it's not on. Slag someone off for being a tw@, having no talent, or whatever other reasons you were having a pop at Wayne about. But fat-shaming is for cheap laughs at someone's expense (some would say that you can't laugh at the afflicted. Others would say that you shouldn't, but if you've heard the joke about Helen Keller falling down a well and breaking 3 fingers calling for help then you know you can).

So I commit to not making any Fat Pat (nor Fat Bob) jokes, and I will do my best to stop referring to :von: as Shorty or the Gnome Of Darkness.
:von: is shorty so am I :lol: