Politics in the UK

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I got lucky today.

Labour won the By-election in Stoke on Trent. It's not good that Labour won, it's good that the soft fascists of Ukip didn't.

My protest vote was for a Lib-Dem doctor who has lived here for over twenty years and cares about the people of this city, and who is Asian so will never win.

As soon as I cast this vote I realised how stupid I was. Luckily the Labour heartland continued to vote for an ineffectual, non memorable and down right incompetent Labour MP (albeit a new one) and I had not in effect let Ukip win by voting for the no-hoper (Lib-Dem).

What else to do? could have been "The Flying Brick" from the Monster Raving Loony Party, the Tories, or at least TWO other far right parties or some s**t from the Greens who probably doesn't even understand the colour wheel.

f**k this country, f**k the city I live in and f**k all the dumb fucks that live in it.

Peace to you all who understand my pain.
:|
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Swinnow
Overbomber

A reorganisation of liberal (note small 'l') politics is required in the UK to provide a credible alternative. Blair's recent brexit speech was excellent, however a year too late and his personal brand is toxic so nobody will listen.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I was glad to see that the Monster Raving Loony candidate got more votes in the Stoke byelection than the BNP. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote: Peace to you all who understand my pain.
:|
I feel your pain. Things are just a little unpleasant in the US these days.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

string the f**king lot of 'em (politicians) up from the lamposts with piano-wire.
and no: i have no idea what we'd do then but to be honest it couldnt be any f**king worse than it is with them alive.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:string the f**king lot of 'em (politicians) up from the lamposts with piano-wire.
and no: i have no idea what we'd do then but to be honest it couldnt be any f**king worse than it is with them alive.
Install me as Supreme Leader, first policy actions; legalisation and regulation of drugs so people get well good safe s**t. Hold a referendum for a new set of national holidays around great Britons such as Von, Bowie and Lemmy, Michael Caine, John Lennon along with pre ref write in suggestions. OK first three will be holidays just because. Given greater automation and not enough work to go round the working wk would be reduced to 3 days, too much BS about work ethics any how. That will take a Wk so then someone else can do it.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol