GW33 - Deadline Saturday 15th April 11.30 AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Afternoon, my little Easter bunnies. It's half time in the Championship so I thought I'd better get a shimmy on and get this posted. GW32 is fully covered in non-wafer buiscuit crumbs over here, thanks to Steve ;D

The run-in is ON. Kane is back. Spurs at Bournemouth is just as likely to cause a slip up as JoMo's lot could do for Chelski. The last few games are too similar and full of potholes to call, but Spurs need an almighty accident up top to claw back 7 points.

Arsenal can't afford any more slip ups, and neither can Wenger. Even I appreciate what he's done, and would rather he kept his reputation, darn it. Will his players respond to something? Will Liverpool come unstuck again? I don't think the form book is worth much from now on, and I like that.

Bit like IGM v EIB this season, innit?

Rusks at the ready!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

Someone mention rusks? :D

Seriously hoping Palace do the biz again.
Also hoping Everton will follow Liverpool's lead & ban the Scum from Goodison
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

There's always hope! Something I'd like to see, that. No room for Scum anywhere.
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Pista wrote:Someone mention rusks? :D

Seriously hoping Palace do the biz again.
Also hoping Everton will follow Liverpool's lead & ban the Scum from Goodison
Liverpool and Everton have banned Tottenham?!
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Go Leeds Utd.

Got Ibra as Cpt Sensible this week and prob next as it's a double banger. Time to unwrap the Triple Capitano soon, men next week for that.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I've only just discovered the Everton/Scum business - dunno how I missed that one today.

the evilest scum has been suspended, i note.
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:I've only just discovered the Everton/Scum business - dunno how I missed that one today.

the evilest scum has been suspended, i note.
Good.
You have to really question his protestations when you consider the timing of the column's publication.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

I would have thought The "Scum" would have learnt after the Liverpool allegations, they do themselves no favours.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Anybody watch The Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports 1, Sunday mornings? A group of journalists discussing football news, there is often a Scum "journalist" present, will be interesting to see what they have to say tomorrow morning.
This is from an Everton supporting friend ...

"I do not wish ill on anyone but it very difficult to apply that principle to Kelvin McKenzie.

He is a vile evil bully of a man who has caused so much unnecessary upset to people who have had their lives torn upside down.

Hes comments about a young impressionable 23 year old who has done absolutely nothing is despicable."

Yes, I have a friend!!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well done Everton, they have stood square with my beloved Reds on this issue. Today of all days too...

....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote:Well done Everton, they have stood square with my beloved Reds on this issue. Today of all days too...

on the pitch and with regard to the pitch the rivalry is fierce, but halfway up the hill to Anfield the flags on the lamp-standards change from red to blue (quite confusing to an outisder) because its ONE city. same as all scousers hate the fucking mancs they all hate the scum. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Sunderland score a goal **KLAXON** :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

now that i'm home and sitting quietly, i'm just having a few Hillsborough thought moments. reliving the bus journey home from Liverpool city centre where we were standing next to the driver, listening to his radio.
the next days were horrific, but that's when the horror began to unfold for me.
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:now that i'm home and sitting quietly, i'm just having a few Hillsborough thought moments. reliving the bus journey home from Liverpool city centre where we were standing next to the driver, listening to his radio.
:(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

I knew four people who never returned from Hillsborough, the memory is always there. It was a turning point in many ways. Football, for me, became a game again, took on a lesser importance and gradually my friends and I became irregular attendees at Anfield, we'd been going virtually every home match since the mid-70's.

I'm on Merseyside for the weekend and our favourite pub in Heswall fell silent at 3.06pm as it does every year.

https://youtu.be/FNxDKLzs0zU
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

emilystrange wrote:now that i'm home and sitting quietly, i'm just having a few Hillsborough thought moments. reliving the bus journey home from Liverpool city centre where we were standing next to the driver, listening to his radio.
Anfield '89 was my first Arsenal away game, will never forget the Arsenal players running out with flowers - then at the end the whole crowd stayed to applaud Arsenal, after the game Liverpool fans bought us drinks, sang anti Tottenham songs with us!

The only comparison I can make is when David Rocastle died, on the day Arsenal were home to Tottenham, Tottenham fans turned up with Rocastle shirts on, chanted his name through the game. Sometimes there is more to life than football. Jelly for instance.

Sorry, I can't do a full sensible post!
Swinnow
Overbomber

I was at Anfield for the Arsenal match in '89 too, can remember drinking with some Arsenal fans in the Salisbury after the match.
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Swinnow wrote:I was at Anfield for the Arsenal match in '89 too, can remember drinking with some Arsenal fans in the Salisbury after the match.
I had a yellow shirt on, couldn't miss me!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Lol, oddly the fact that we lost another double in the last seconds of injury time didn't matter.
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

You did Michael Thomas and leave him on the bench for a season! Strange how George Graham dismantled that team so soon after winning the league
Swinnow
Overbomber

Never found any reason to dislike Arsenal, hope they finish above Utd this season.
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Need a favour from CHelsea and for Arsenal to re discover form, we still have Man Ure to play at our place so finishing above them is possible.
Pista
Cureboi

This looks like fun
The history of the football chant on 5live tonight at 19.30 BST
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Oxlade-Chamberlain allegedly joining Liverpool ..... they don't have enough midfielders already?