(Not) New here

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Hi. I'm from Sweden. Might actually have created an account a bunch of years ago. I'm not sure. If so, I've lost all login details anyway. Also, I've been reading all over Heartland for so many years now that I get tricked into thinking I am a member.

Whatever. Now I am. :lol:

Someone handed me a home-taped cassette of FALAA back in '87, and instantly I got hooked, blown away and addicted. Bought everything I could find with this awesome band, checked out every info bit I could find (not that easy to do before the digital era). Got disappointed when I found out they'd already split up. Got confused when I later that same year saw a new Sisters album in the stores. Bought it, and got disappointed once again (yes, at the time I thought it was complete drivel).

For me, the best version(s) of the band existed 1981-1985.

I arrived early to the gig in Stockholm 2017, along with the same old friend as always (all four gigs). Only a few people in line, speaking english and german. I bet some of my bootleg (mp3) collections that most of those people are lurking around here at Heartland. :D

Well, that's it for now. It's bleedin' 5:20 in the morning and I haven't got to bed yet.

Anyhow, it's nice to be here "for real".

:notworthy:
Too much but never enough
Tear it up and watch it fall
Pista
Cureboi

Hello & welcome to the forum.
Did you bring biscuits? :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Welcome! I was a lurker for a long while as well. Mostly because the threads I was reading...made me a bit angry because a lot of the jargon towards women. Nevermind. I regret not buying that pin that you have on your pic. Nice!
Burning 'cross the breeze.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Thank you for un-lurking and coming to say hello! Welcome!

:D :D :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hi Feuerwasser, welcome here ... :D ... (and for real now) ... ;D ...

All the shows in Sweden look like storming gigs from here ... I had loved to see them ALL ... :lol: ...

As to Floodland, it was the same with me ... took a few listens before I got into it ... not so Gift or Vision Thing, though ... ;D :lol: ...
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Pista wrote:Hello & welcome to the forum.
Sorry, no. How about some chocolate? :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Feuerwasser wrote:
Universally accepted :D
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Zacharias wrote:Welcome! I was a lurker for a long while as well. Mostly because the threads I was reading...made me a bit angry because a lot of the jargon towards women. Nevermind. I regret not buying that pin that you have on your pic. Nice!
Thanks. Well I'm suprised I was clever enough to buy it considering my lack of money back then (1991), and even more surprised to find it again a while ago. Been moving 7 times since the '91 gig.

Bought the 2017 version of that pin as well, but it's poorly done and no year stamped onto it, only "Leeds, England".
Last edited by Feuerwasser on 12 Sep 2017, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Charlie wrote:Thank you for un-lurking and coming to say hello! Welcome!

:D :D :D
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:Hi Feuerwasser, welcome here ... :D ... (and for real now) ... ;D ...

All the shows in Sweden look like storming gigs from here ... I had loved to see them ALL ... :lol: ...

As to Floodland, it was the same with me ... took a few listens before I got into it ... not so Gift or Vision Thing, though ... ;D :lol: ...
Thank you. Honestly: The Stockholm 2009 gig is best off never spoken about and erased from the Akasha Chronicles...

True, Gift & Vision were easy listeners. But nothing beats FALAA 8)
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Pista wrote:
Feuerwasser wrote:
Universally accepted :D
:lol: :notworthy:

:)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Is OK, biscuits are plentiful for now. You can't go too far wrong with chocolate!
Welcome in.
YCBTO?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

emilystrange wrote:Is OK, biscuits are plentiful for now. You can't go too far wrong with chocolate!
Welcome in.
YCBTO?
Thank you. Love that little "odd" song, by the way. I know many ppl hates it. Can't understand why...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Feuerwasser wrote: True, Gift & Vision were easy listeners. But nothing beats FALAA 8)
It definitely IS a great album, though, an intermediary product by nature ... :D ... and I for one WAS looking forward to what's coming next as to the more interesting ... I had no expectations, but still ... Floodland was ... beyond my imagination ... some shades and colours that had been more on the outer edges of my horizon partly ... and partly all to well-known but not in that same way of course ...

And no, for me it's not true to call Gift and Vision Thing more easy listeners than FALAA ... not one single Sisters song is "easy listening", IMHO ... if it is so for you ... ok, I don't worry ... :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

welcome to Heartland. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:Is OK, biscuits are plentiful for now. You can't go too far wrong with chocolate!
Welcome in.
YCBTO?
Yes, we have biscuits. No, you can't go too far wrong with chocolate. But, if he had chocolate biscuits then I think that the decision on whether to appoint him/her/brightly-coloured lizard creature from the Dungeon Dimensions* Interim Chapter Head of the Scandinavian branch of the Heartland Biscuit Collective would be made a good deal simpler.

YCBTO - Yes, Chocolate Biscuits. Two. Omnomnomnomnom.

*delete as applicable
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Feuerwasser wrote: True, Gift & Vision were easy listeners. But nothing beats FALAA 8)
It definitely IS a great album, though, an intermediary product by nature ... :D ... and I for one WAS looking forward to what's coming next as to the more interesting ... I had no expectations, but still ... Floodland was ... beyond my imagination ... some shades and colours that had been more on the outer edges of my horizon partly ... and partly all to well-known but not in that same way of course ...

And no, for me it's not true to call Gift and Vision Thing more easy listeners than FALAA ... not one single Sisters song is "easy listening", IMHO ... if it is so for you ... ok, I don't worry ... :lol: ...
Well, "easy listeners"... maybe I should've wrote "more radio friendly polished sound for the mass public but not that easy on my ears" :D

Took me a long time to digest the "overkill" synths and choirs of Floodland and the "wanna be metal" sounds on most Vision tracks.

Or: on Floodland, I instantly loved Torch, took a while to like a few of the other tunes. On Vision, I kinda liked More but loved the "ballads", Something Fast, When You Dont See Me, I Was Wrong. Took a while to like a few of the other tunes. :P

I still, like so many other people, wonder how the follow up to FALAA would have sounded. A few bits, pieces and snippets are out there, but...

Not to mention the Gary Marx songs for the dead project from 1995. I'd love to hear them with Andy's voice. And I think he would have "fixed" a few of the somewhat lame tunes 8)
Last edited by Feuerwasser on 13 Sep 2017, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:welcome to Heartland. :von:
Thank you :)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Feuerwasser wrote:I still, like so many other people, wonder how the follow up to FALAA would have sounded. A few bits, pieces and snippets are out there, but...

Not to mention the Gary Marx songs for the dead project from 1995, released 2005. I'd love to hear them with Andy's voice. And I think he would have "fixed" a few of the somewhat lame tunes 8)
... Hhm, Gift and maybe even more Floodland ARE the follow-up albums to FALAA ... :wink: ... but I know what you mean ... and in a way, before Floodland was released, I found Ghost Dance's album Stop The World the perfect filler for the meantime ... way more Sisters than any sort of medicine ... but still the same tread ... just like Nineteen Ninety Five And Nowhere ... although, revised vocally by Andrew it might have had quite a different sound one might think at first sight ... only, IMO, at second thought Andrew possibly just couldn't put up with it anymore, when the suggestion arrived. That's normal. In my view. Just life. And when times were excessive in particular ...

Of course, as the band dissolved, everybody would take their part with them ... and of course I do have all four albums and if only to hear/see what is what ... but only The Sisters made it for me ...
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Hi Feuerwasser!
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Feuerwasser wrote:I still, like so many other people, wonder how the follow up to FALAA would have sounded. A few bits, pieces and snippets are out there, but...

Not to mention the Gary Marx songs for the dead project from 1995, released 2005. I'd love to hear them with Andy's voice. And I think he would have "fixed" a few of the somewhat lame tunes 8)
... Hhm, Gift and maybe even more Floodland ARE the follow-up albums to FALAA ... :wink: ... but I know what you mean ... and in a way, before Floodland was released, I found Ghost Dance's album Stop The World the perfect filler for the meantime ... way more Sisters than any sort of medicine ... but still the same tread ... just like Nineteen Ninety Five And Nowhere ... although, revised vocally by Andrew it might have had quite a different sound one might think at first sight ... only, IMO, at second thought Andrew possibly just couldn't put up with it anymore, when the suggestion arrived. That's normal. In my view. Just life. And when times were excessive in particular ...

Of course, as the band dissolved, everybody would take their part with them ... and of course I do have all four albums and if only to hear/see what is what ... but only The Sisters made it for me ...
Well, I think he needs that "spark" again, something that kicks him up the rear so the songwriting/album making machinery in him starts to work again. And, in my world, why not by settling and make friends again with any/all of the old original Sisters?

I'm just a dreamer...
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

UniversalRinging wrote:Hi Feuerwasser!
'Ello :)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Feuerwasser wrote:
Being645 wrote:

Well, I think he needs that "spark" again, something that kicks him up the rear so the songwriting/album making machinery in him starts to work again. And, in my world, why not by settling and make friends again with any/all of the old original Sisters?

I'm just a dreamer...
You are not alone ...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

but, hell can be a long way ... :wink: ... yeah, settling into making friends ... just normal ... but it is understandable that not everybody is the most social person just so ...

and m-m-m-m-maybe some adjustments are still necessary ...

*Never give up hope ... :innocent: ... but who didn't even have to time and again ... though not necessarily forever ... :twisted: :evil: :twisted: ...
Feuerwasser
Road Kill

Earth calling A & W: come on, bury the hatchet already!

While I'm still dreaming: I want that "LOMAR" album made and released.

Then, I want to see two more Sisters albums.

1) Studio recordings of all the "new" songs.

2) A proper live album with good sound.

DREAM BIG...