Are 'friends' electric?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I see that Gary Numan is soon to be touring - the part of my soul that still gets shivers from listening to Cars or Bombers Fly To Zero wonders whether anyone's heard him recently, and if it's worth a ticket?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes. yes, it is. i saw him this time last year and it was a brilliant gig. you will shiver.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

alll my friends are electric except jumping jack flash ....he's a gas. :P
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:alll my friends are electric except jumping jack flash ....he's a gas. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I am not mad keen on his later stuff. Some of the music seems a tad formulaic and the lyrics I have trouble with. There seem to be a lot of songs about an atheist getting cross with God which I have trouble getting my head around.
Live he is absolutely superb. The newer stuff seems to make more sense and it meshes well with the early 80s classic stuff.
I think the reason is Numan still seems to have an enthusiasm for what he does. I guess a lot of this comes from the fact that he is pushing new product.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

million voices wrote:I guess a lot of this comes from the fact that he is pushing new product.
"New product" and a Sisters forum don't go hand-in-hand :lol:
Four strings good, six strings bad
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

will see him in november. Saw him last year. Brilliant
MUSICA È
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Saw GN in Hull last month, absolutely storming. Encores with all the old classics, and I think his new single / album is the tops. Recommended. 8)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

am going to the one here in a few weeks
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
ruffers
Overbomber

I went to Brixton last Saturday and it was indeed worth a ticket. New material is pretty good, old stuff has evolved a bit and he played plenty of it.

Really good mood at the show as well. Happy committed loyal fan base who have stood by him and are seeing good things with new records and fairly big shows.

If only.. :von:
Chucking another log on