iPhone 10

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Well, what do you think? Tried it yet?
I think someone set my soul alight
rian
Slight Overbomber

Or Iphone X...... That's the real name
I think someone set my soul alight
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'm happily Android with Samsung but my two boys are total Apple iWhores, poor things
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Running Android on a Nokia 5. I've started measuring the battery life with a calendar, and the other day I dropped it on the floor and...well, I always planned to put in a spiral staircase between the lounge and the bedroom, looks like that day will come slightly sooner than planned.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Also Android. I got a Google Pixel 2 just before Christmas.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

How do you like the Pixel? I was thinking about getting one of the 1st gens when my Nexus 4 needed to be retired, but the Nokia came along instead.
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's very good actually. Very good camera, and battery life is extraordinarily good compared to my previous Samsung.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

My experience with Samsungs has suggested that even mayflies look at the battery and think, "Woah, *dude* that's a short lifespan."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah tell me about it. It started off bad, and by the time I got the Pixel I was having to charge the Samsung twice a day :roll:
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Look on the bright side though. At least it didn't explode or burn down a building.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

...yet :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

As for the X itself, I've played about with one in an apple store here & it's just regular tech that android phones have had for years (but still not quite as good) in a really nice looking case.
The only thing that separates it from the crowd is the facial recognition which, IMHO, is just over-nerding things. But if you think that one (non-essential) feature is worth the price tag, then buy it.

I'm more than happy with my Moto X pure edition.
Stock Android, no bloatware, great camera, superb battery life & it ....wait for it..... makes phone calls too :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Last thing I need is a phone with facial recognition - most days I'm too frightened to look in the mirror as it is.
Hank Moody
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Tell me about this, first thing that I did after i started to use my wife's old Samsung was to cover front camera and turned off tons of needless running application. [Just to clarify, i've never snorted cocaine.] Now i have to charge it once every two days (in compare my last Samsung Solid that i had to charge once a week).

I heard good things about Motorola smartassphones. One of their will be my next one.

Never needed to have Apple smartassphone, but i have to admit they are well designed. But i don't like that cult thing that Apple brings.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Pixel has fingerprint recognition, which is less scary and possibly more secure than face recognition.
Bartek wrote:[Just to clarify, i've never snorted cocaine.]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
—Bertrand Russell