Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Teri Nunn talks of UTG briefly in longer interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Teri Nunn talks of UTG briefly in longer interview Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.westword.com/music/berlins-terri-nunn-on-working-with-sisters-of-mercy-and-her-b-52s-fandom-6799756
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always wondered whether Our fearless leader!'s willingness to record the song was related to his ability to persuade Ms Nunn to get her top off for the video.

There are worse motivations... Laughing
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's actually a nearly direct lift from a forum response she provided when asked years ago Laughing

edit, just checked my email - 2005 Surprised

"This Corrosion" is what started my love affair with Andrew Eldritch,
but "Under The Gun" was originally called "Two Worlds Apart", written by
a guy I wrote with before meeting Andrew. I sent my demo of it to
Andrew, who fell in love with it too. He added the rap/rant lyrics at
the end (which are brilliant).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't fault her for consistency Laughing
copper
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same here...

Quote:
I met Andrew Eldritch…I was putting together music for my solo album, and I contacted three artists, that I wanted to write with. One was Andrew, Trent Reznor…Trent never responded. Moby turned me down. He was kind of mean about it. He said, “You know what, no. I turned down Madonna, okay? So for sure I’m turning you down.” Is that good? (Laughs)

But Andrew responded, and he was interested. He lived in Germany at the time, in Hamburg, so I flew out there and spent a couple of weeks with him, and I brought the song that we ended up using. The stuff we wrote was not great, but that song, it ended up being called “Under the Gun,” and he put it on his best-of, but at the time it was called “Two Worlds Apart.”

And my label didn’t like it. They just didn’t get the song, at all. So I played it for him and said, “They don’t get it. What do you think? Can you do something with this?” He said, “I love this song!” He wrote the rap at the end, that singing/talking rant at the end while I’m singing, “Are you living for love?” And he put it on the record. We actually had a hit with it. We had a hit in England; I played “Top of the Pops” for the first time in my life.

Our fearless leader! was also pretty straight-forward that Terri brought him the "Two Worlds Apart" demo, with her vox already on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g45AZ5CwTU#t=2m58s

This track got Sisterized when he took it on and asked Adam to come down to Hamburg and record more guitars. If anything, it turned into a bit of a throwaway, passed on to the record company; to oblige them with a new track to promote the Greatest Hits.

Long gone were the days of Reptile House, when Our fearless leader! pushed EPs out on his own.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty depressing that the condition that England is in has barely changed in the quarter-century since Our fearless leader! made those comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Reviews and Interviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: