GW24- Deadline Tuesday 29th January 18.45

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Thank you to Steve for last GW's round up.
Another GW with a lovely name - these even numbers are great, aren't they?
FA Cup shenanigans are over for a week or so, with half the big names out and one or two replays to be had for some others. Commiserations to Accrington Stanley, for whom I have had a soft spot for many years. My heart...

Thanks to all that we have a midweek GW and another quick turnaround. Let's get on it. I have a fake Ofsted full inspection on Tuesday to swear about, so don't expect too much out of me for a day or so.

All games will hold a tribute for Emiliano Sala before kickoff. Not a ball kicked in Cardiff kit, but...

Tuesday 29 January
Arsenal 19:45 Cardiff
If you don't shed a couple for Sala's tribute here, you're not alive. Cardiff will be wearing yellow daffodils - obviously this is a Welsh symbol, and also has significance in Nantes, Sala's 'old' team. May closure or relief come soon for every one connected with pilot or player. This one not televised
Fulham 19:45 Brighton I think it's about time Fulham won, really. 2-0
Huddersfield 19:45 Everton I can't see Everton losing this one, so they probably will.
Wolves 19:45 West Ham A 3 all draw, with plenty of kerfuffle.
Man Utd 20:00 Burnley Burnley set for another squishing, then. Not an ideal week of fixtures for them.
Newcastle 20:00 Man City BT Sport I feel another squishing coming on. Manchester are scoring all the goals, innit?

Wednesday 30 January

Bournemouth 19:45 Chelsea Chelsea have been quite lively the last couple of games. They don't look like running out of steam. I like that Ampadu, so far. Will higuain do owt? At 9.5m he should!
Southampton 19:45 Crystal Palace Palace playing well, so they might win this one if they pay attention at the back. Connor Wickham back, big time.
Liverpool 20:00 Leicester BT Sport Liverpool will find this one tricker than they think. I have big hopes for Salah's captaincy, even so.
Spurs 20:00 Watford Son is back for Spurs after S. Korea got dumped out, so we might get a bit of stability back. We look like we've collapsed since Kane went. Where was Eriksen today? We have our own Sterling though now!

The transfer window closes this week. Take heed and look at your teams after than - Wildcard time?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

ahem......

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm not listening!
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:i'm not listening!
:lol: :kiss:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

I have just realised the Hungarian channel that shows the games issues a PG warning before each match starts
Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:I have just realised the Hungarian channel that shows the games issues a PG warning before each match starts
Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot?
Watching Palace should come with health warning every week...at least that’s what I heard... ;D
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i am amused
Pista
Cureboi

:P

In all honesty, my heart could do without much of the uncertainty.
Plus I get through loads too many fags during a Palace game
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Kun scores on 25 seconds! :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Bit scrappy, but Toons not really ready
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oops I forgot to do any pre-match fettling, but I've managed to spawn 56 points so far!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i've got 3 players left. MCI let me down.
Pista
Cureboi

After his incredible showing against Spurs in the cup Hodgson has benched Meyer this evening :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Mané on 3 minutes :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

A bit of transfer deadline day banter on the Beeb
Would love Levy to sign a decent contractor and get the stadium finished this season.

John, Spurs fan
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

:lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening all. For anyone interested, the Mock Ofsted went very well. Since then we've all been feeling the effects and not had a break. Tuesday night, after the great grilling, I relaxed by watching the Brexit votes, Gillette Soccer Special and the NEWMCI game simultaneously on three different screens :D

Now then. Were we right? I mean.. me...

Arsenal 2-1 Cardiff
Arsenal include Sala's name in the Cardiff squad list. Lovely tributes paid, and not a dry eye. It was really interesting to hear Warnock talk about his own and players' feelings over the last week. Arsenal won on the night with Aubameyang taking a bow and Lacazette popping one in. Cardiff will have been glad to have got this first game over, though being at home tomorrow will be difficult too.
Fulham 4 - 2 Brighton 2-0 is was to Brighton early on, but Fulham finally got it together and managed 4. Mitrovic and Babel take the plaudits.
Huddersfield 0-1 Everton They didn't, but it wasn't a massive win. Richarlison the scorer.
Wolves 3-0 West Ham I got the 3 right for Wolves, but Spam were rubbish. Only Fabianski kept it from being more. Jiminez strikes again!
Man Utd 2 - 2 Burnley No one saw this one coming! Solksjaer's winning run comes to an end, but he's still top pick for the permanent job.
Newcastle 2 - 1 Man City Oh for heaven's sake, City. I transfer your goalie and it's the kiss of death. A big shock, handing Liverpool more of a lead overnight and giving FPL managers kittens.
Bournemouth 4 - 0 Chelsea My goodness. Manager at a loss, team at sixes and sevens, Higuain wondering wtf. Another shock for one of the main contenders for CL if not the title.
Southampton 1 - 1 Crystal Palace Ended up a draw. Zaha scores. Zaha gets booked. Zaha is a very silly little boy and cheeks the ref all ends up and gets sent off. *applauds sarcastically*
Liverpool 1 -1 Leicester I told you it would be tricky! Salah off the boil. Liverpool still top but all in all, not quite how they wanted it.
Spurs 2 - 1 Watford The only contenders to win in this GW. Will that make a difference later on? Son thankfully gets straight back into to scoring. What a find he has been. Llorente misses sitters, but wipes those and the own goal the other GW out with the winner. Relief all round. Our Sterlking gets sent out on loan.

There you have it. A lot of very early goals, ranging from 24 seconds to 3 minutes. Hard to keep up sometimes!
Noticed that Nantes also played on Wednesday night so popped over to share in their tributes. Beautiful displays from all fans and teams.

To the league. EIB win the week with 544 points, but this was a much closer week than normal with only 37 points difference overall. However, BB&S are over 1000 points ahead so slightly immaterial!

The Yellow Jersey is snugly fixed firmly around the frame of Dead Men Walking.

The Big Shout Out is yodelled in the direction of Kirkstall Wanderers (!) with a very respectable 72 8)

In the H2H, The Clash Wednesday hold the Crown this week

EIB won this as well, but BB&S still running away with it:

Over to Steve and his exclusive VIP Shed for GW25.

IT'S A DOUBLE GW FOR CITY AND EVERTON AND THE SECOND GAME IS AGAINST EACH OTHER

Check your teams for Transfer Window changes. Batshuayi is back!
Pista
Cureboi

release the :bat: shuayi ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity