KICKLINE, ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD?, BETTER REPTILE

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
majorsixth
Road Kill

Maybe Ben has a good creative dynamic with his pal Dylan and adding the latter has been the needed [s]catalyst[/s] missing ingredient. Von and Ben might have plenty of texts and musical ideas sketched out over the years.

Assuming the announced titles are what we think they are, ofc. Can't wait to see what (if anything) this turns out to be!
Scardwel wrote:and why wait until Catalyst has left before working on new material? It's all a bit sudden... the last "new" song was Arms, premiered during a soundcheck in 2008!
Chris said he originally wrote the song I'll Call You from Eureka Machines' last album for the Sisters so I guess they were working on new stuff, it just didn't make it to the stage as Sisters material for whatever reason.
DrDoom
Road Kill

I suspect it is more likely that the band is under some commercial pressure from promoters to put out something new to drum up a little interest.
Pista
Cureboi

DrDoom wrote:I suspect it is more likely that the band is under some commercial pressure from promoters to put out something new to drum up a little interest.
No real need though. The shows were selling out quite nicely before this.
IIRC didn't they name check new songs back in the 90's before tours?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak

What's going on there, then?
I shall throw all caution and credibility to the winds and suggest Mike is back to play bass, which would explain why they'd scheduled a warm up gig after they've already played a number of gigs.

I will, of course, be totally wrong.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

And another one...

"JUST ACHING (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)"
iesus
Overbomber

:lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Swinnow
Overbomber

Has Brexit affected cat food prices this much?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sultan2075
Overbomber

They’ve got to be fucking with us now, right?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:They’ve got to be fucking with us now, right?
Maybe a little bit ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
limur

This looks like a new album to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One a day..?

:notworthy:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

A Better Reptile would also make an excellent t-shirt in the Utterly Bastard Groovy style.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

no change to the Error 404 page
iesus
Overbomber

sam donut wrote:A Better Reptile would also make an excellent t-shirt in the Utterly Bastard Groovy style.
And a good video with Reptilians ;D

like in movie iron sky

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Didn't Chris used to update the site?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Just the Twitter, I think.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

markfiend wrote:Didn't Chris used to update the site?
No one as young as Chris would use tables for layout
czuczu
Overbomber

Featuring:

KICKLINE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD? (Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak)
BETTER REPTILE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
SHOW ME (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
JUST ACHING (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)

etc
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

It's going to be a big disappointment when these all turn out to be just ideas for new t-shirts
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Like I've said before, Chris absence is forcing Andrew to engage more with the band, since Chris took care of everything before.
My 2 cents are that none of these lyrics are new, cannot imagine Von getting that creative at this stage.
Something nobody (?) has mentioned: Dave Ben and Dylan have been a lot in Belgium this summer, for example in Antwerpen. Not much time now and only access to mobile phone so can't search good, but look at for example Ben's Instagram a few days before Hellfest, or Dylan's where he poses next to old Sisters albums :?:
Depprocksfarfar

lazarus corporation wrote:How many songs can Dylan Smith co-write in the few weeks(?) he's been in the Sisters???

I should state for the record that I am NOT complaining.
Do we really know when Dylan actually joined Sisters? Chris told us by his twitter 19-06-04 according his replacer that "you´re in good hands". The tour was announced in november/december 2018 and the "conflict of schedules" already a definitive problem back then. So my guess is that Dylan has been in the band longer than we know.
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Depprocksfarfar wrote: Do we really know when Dylan actually joined Sisters?
Definitely before mid-April.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:and why wait until Catalyst has left before working on new material? It's all a bit sudden... the last "new" song was Arms, premiered during a soundcheck in 2008!
It's all a bit weird, isn't it? We all thought CC was the driving force behind the Sisters when he was a member (and his leaving Twitter seemed to confirm this), but... yeah... :eek:
Four strings good, six strings bad
Alex66

I think Chris's writing style may not have been right for the Sisters, though given the three albums proper being so different F knows why. Perhaps the insanity in the world recently with two blond mopped nutters as leaders of major nations has given Von something to write about or made him angry enough to write.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Todashi

Lots of conjecture here. Most of it quite believable.

The bottom line is . . . something's happening. Seems very likely to be new songs, at least half a new album's worth.

I can't see them releasing anything at this stage, but I can see them playing one or two new songs per gig, and possibly four or five over a tour. Smart move.

Let's face it, the set lists haven't changed meaningfully now IN YEARS. That's got to be dull to perform for the guys. Chris C leaving has obviously prompted a rethink/shake up.
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
g44fr
Road Kill

the 'etc ..' does mean that something more in on the way for me. It's not meaningless