2019-09-13, Gazi Music Hall Athens Greece

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Thanks a lot for the videos. It’s very very nice indeed.
I was wrong is excellent as a full song, i am impressed
love is just a shot away
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Wow iesus that's some sterling work for a guy that had a not-so-good time at the show. Thank you so much, the vids are great :notworthy: sure, they eff up Dominion, effing up songs is fairly normal Sisters behaviour. Other songs in this recording rock like a mofo.

Magnificent work Sir :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Super videos iesus :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing these videos!

:D :notworthy:
iesus
Overbomber

Thank you for your kind words for the vids shot :notworthy:
Much appreciated when comes from people that i know have experience from that :notworthy:

About the concert:
That venue has a capacity of 4.000 people. Upper floors were closed to ticket holders and only 10-20 people were there. The lower level front of stage has 3 levels and there was sufficient empty space at the back one. My estimation is 2.100-2.600/4.000. Previous concert in same venue was sold out 2 years ago.
The playlist that was meant to be played had 2 songs thrown out during the time of the concert. Don't know why but if someone knows would be glad to know.
It was the shortest concert of the band as far as i know, except their performances at festivals. Only 73 minutes play time :eek:
i couldn't spot :von: at many times on stage even when he was there. And the great mystery is what happened during Flood II. :roll:
Many good versions of songs in here, NTTC, Marian, Susanne, the new unnamed, I was wrong, Something fast, Flood II etc TC sounded more disco than i heard in live before ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
iesus
Overbomber

Some pics

Merchandize

And 20 mins ago Ben posted this image in Instagram

'Are we the Baddies?'...
alexislogic
Road Kill

iesus wrote: The playlist that was meant to be played had 2 songs thrown out during the time of the concert. Don't know why but if someone knows would be glad to know.
He fell off the stage during Flood II. Roadies rushed but he remained unseen during the rest of the song. After the song roadies picked him up. I guess that's the reason why Lucretia wasn't performed.

At least, this is what I perceived by watching the show somewhere at the back.

What other song from the list wasn't performed?

*edit: When you don't see me?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Fell off stage? Well it was Friday 13th I suppose.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
iesus
Overbomber

alexislogic wrote: He fell off the stage during Flood II. Roadies rushed but he remained unseen during the rest of the song. After the song roadies picked him up. I guess that's the reason why Lucretia wasn't performed.
:eek: :eek:

Have hopes it was of no importance cause he returned on stage for the encore :roll:

And an article with many good photos below.

Concert review link
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Good to know that nothing worse followed from that fall ... let's hope for the best ... :) ...

As to Dominion, well ok, some sort of confusion in the beginning, but for a few moments only ... and not much dreaming throughout, but that's nothing bad. Sometimes, the memory of an idea means more than whatever achievement, however sad as it may seem in that moment in time...

... and it was followed by that lovely instrumental which was, IMHO, a hundred times better than any version of WYDSM ever could have been, and if only because there's only dragon teeth but no scheppper in WYDSM ...
Elon
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:and it was followed by that lovely instrumental which was, IMHO, a hundred times better than any version of WYDSM ever could have been
second this a hundred times. the new instr. is gloriously old school. sounds frozen in time like a forgotten link between the FALAA and Floodland era.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Another series of videos ... how different impressions can be ... and also the sound ... :eek: ... visual scrutiny really ...
hhm ... can't tell. Sometimes its cool and ok, sometimes there's no atmosphere, because its just to close for entertainment ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALsxOEd632I - Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-BWeQfvjDo - No Time To Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4Gx3jLMwA - First And Last And Always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knmk_AN1hhA - We Are The Same, Susanne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusUB9skfmk - Dominion / Mother Russia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmPcveJLTg - I Was Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNoytEKfUHE . Temple Of Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5Ri4ieaZE - Temple Of Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvDIrzM6dUU - This Corrosion
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

alexislogic wrote:
He fell off the stage during Flood II.
There's a point in the Dominion video where he's on the floor behind Ben and someone comes to help him up - hope he's ok and it was just down to a case of overindulging and having a few too many!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote:Thank you for your kind words for the vids shot :notworthy:
Much appreciated when comes from people that i know have experience from that :notworthy:

About the concert:
Thanks for videos and review :notworthy: Interesting linked review as well, good point with people returning again and again because of a certain "unreachability" despite not really singing particularly well.

What I still don't get is if the Greek gigs were the end of festival season or kick-off for the club tour, with NME coming up in Antwerpen and the gigs being fairly short? Some mix of it I guess, and we'll know for sure in a few days!
Elon wrote:
Being645 wrote:and it was followed by that lovely instrumental which was, IMHO, a hundred times better than any version of WYDSM ever could have been
second this a hundred times. the new instr. is gloriously old school. sounds frozen in time like a forgotten link between the FALAA and Floodland era.
Third it :notworthy: Although I'd say it's more FALAA era meets "Summer" era (especially that song). In any case, it's fantastic after all these years to hear something new from the Sisters, prefer it far more to anything else in the setlist :D
Swinnow
Overbomber

Tbh with the very apparent 'backing' vocals it would be more worrying if Ben or Dylan fell off stage after heavy sherbertage.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Tbh with the very apparent 'backing' vocals it would be more worrying if Ben or Dylan fell off stage after heavy sherbertage.
The backing vocals are sometimes more support or even replacement vocals, yes..still think that the lines he does sing sound better than the last tour which just had too excessive grunting.
I also have an impression that his timing is getting worse, like in the beginning of I was wrong, in both concerts.

I can easily live with all this however, if we get new material. Preferably not 5 new instrumentals though ;D
Swinnow
Overbomber

I certainly agree with the new material aspect. Crosses fingers.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

These are great videos. Thanks so much. :)
iesus
Overbomber

sam donut wrote:
These are great videos. Thanks so much. :)
It's a pleasure you like them. Though there was a troll attack yesterday, but manage to stop them by filter comments ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:von: is rocking two pairs of sunglasses now :eek:
End of line.