2019-10-04 Columbiahalle, Berlin Germany

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote:Perfect ... ;D ... thank you for bringing it here ... :D :notworthy: ...

And did you also get to know, whether A.A.Williams sang on further tracks?
They just said Something Fast and This Corrosion. I haven't seen any videos there either . . .
Ah, then it's surely in one of them closed groups ... maybe you'll never ever get to see it, unless you join.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote:Perfect ... ;D ... thank you for bringing it here ... :D :notworthy: ...

And did you also get to know, whether A.A.Williams sang on further tracks?
They just said Something Fast and This Corrosion. I haven't seen any videos there either . . .
Ah, then it's surely in one of them closed groups ... maybe you'll never ever get to see it, unless you join.
I don't really use Facebook , i don't like it as much, this is my main place to interract but i did join a few groups a while back, you do sometimes get extra information there.
Being645
Above the Chemist

I don't go there, but everybody to their liking. Don't worry and do as you please ... :D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, thanks to Ingo there is Something Fast from Berlin on YT now ... ;D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is5hc3EiCYA ... ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

* note to self: don't forget again and again, the world is not all bad ... :innocent:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Hah, thanks to Ingo there is Something Fast from Berlin on YT now ... ;D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is5hc3EiCYA ... ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

* note to self: don't forget again and again, the world is not all bad ... :innocent:
Excellent! :D
Another great video from Ingo! :notworthy:
ruffers
Overbomber

FALAA to open. Jealous I wasn't there.
Hopefully will be on YouTube at some point.... (please)
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Just those two. I'm not a fan of guest vocalists, but I absolutely loved Something Fast - her and Ben's vocals worked so well together.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote:Hah, thanks to Ingo there is Something Fast from Berlin on YT now ... ;D ...

Great video. Great performance! :D
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Loved it, but then I knew I would!

Something special worth mentioning apart from AA Williams joining in?
He didn't scream in More.
Someone (Dylan? not sure) said "Hello Berlin!" before Mother Russia.

Highlights were almost everything, but in particular seeing the energy and emphasis with which the new songs were played and sung. Marian and Flood II also brilliant with this lineup. Thank you Sisters for being not only good, you always were, but also exciting again, that was a very long time ago :notworthy:

And thanks Mr Blonde and Ingo for the class vids again, said it a few times before but always worth repeating and worth gold for those unfortunate enough to not be able to attend any of the gigs :notworthy:
Last edited by euphoria on 05 Oct 2019, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

MrBlonde wrote:My videos:

Better Reptile
https://youtu.be/rjyAUcHINAY

Show Me
https://youtu.be/GfndZSUslmY

Vision Thing
https://youtu.be/sWlOaPadI64
Awesome videos again - thank you so much! :D :notworthy: :notworthy:

And i'm so glad you had a great night euphoria , lovely to hear such positive things. :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:

That is very excellent :notworthy: she really suits that stage with the guys, vocals are perfect too. Nice nice nice :D 8) :notworthy:
iesus
Overbomber

Thank You MrBlonde and Ingo for the videos :notworthy: :notworthy: :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Swinnow
Overbomber

Show Me continues to impress, it is groovy, dark, dirty and delicious.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

I now fall into the camp that thinks that in fact Columbiahalle is a rubbish venue. I never used to believe so and I don't remember much from the 2003 gig, but it really is too crowded with too little room to move around.

Anyway, I made my way up the side I found a good spot to watch. As this tour has progressed the band has got better and better, as you would expect, and that is especially evident with the new songs. Eldritch's voice is perhaps a bit quieter than before but at times he still howls. I do like the rock moves from Ben and Dylan, and there seems to be a natural dynamic. Ravey looks like he is bringing it all together.

AA Williams was a great addition on vocals when she came on. I think her vocals and presence fits better than Lisa Cuthbert did.

Thanks to Ollie for finding us before the gig. If you're reading, it was nice to chat to Swedish Jesper during the gig. It was good to catch up with Suzy (Icon) and Gunnar again afterwards with the usual gang in the Brazilian bar. Gig 98 done, now onwards to Wroclaw and Krakow.
Groningen - Gent - Eindhoven - Lokerese Feesten
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Right On Venom And Revenge
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Right On Venom And Revenge
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you.... :notworthy: ... That is a good alternative perspective to the other video of More ... :D ... integrated ... :D ...
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Finally back home after another day in Berlin to watch the Pixies at the same venue. Despite it being sold out too, there was more space than at the Sisters.
I thought the Sisters gig was great from the beginning and it was obvious the band were enjoying themselves. I‘m really glad Andrew‘s voice is still holding up. Liked A.A. Williams very much too. Hope she joins the Sisters a couple of times more during the next shows, so you all can see her singing those songs.
This was unfortunately my last time on this tour. Wish everyone that‘s got more shows ahead a splendid time! I‘m really envious!
Me too, I loved to catch up with many of you at the Brasilian Bar!
Especially for Ruffers: Dylan‘s hair was lovely again. And I‘m a good judge of that because Ravy Davey and Dylan were standing next to us after the show.
Thanks to everyone who uploaded vids too. I‘ll relive the Berlin show for the rest of the day. :)
czuczu
Overbomber

Icon wrote:Finally back home after another day in Berlin to watch the Pixies at the same venue. Despite it being sold out too, there was more space than at the Sisters.
I thought the Sisters gig was great from the beginning and it was obvious the band were enjoying themselves. I‘m really glad Andrew‘s voice is still holding up. Liked A.A. Williams very much too. Hope she joins the Sisters a couple of times more during the next shows, so you all can see her singing those songs.
This was unfortunately my last time on this tour. Wish everyone that‘s got more shows ahead a splendid time! I‘m really envious!
Especially for Ruffers: Dylan‘s hair was lovely again. And I‘m a good judge of that because Ravy Davey and Dylan were standing next to us after the show.
Thanks to everyone who uploaded vids too. I‘ll relive the Berlin show for the rest of the day. :)
How were Pixies? Beside not competing in the hair stakes..
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:
Icon wrote:Finally back home after another day in Berlin to watch the Pixies at the same venue. Despite it being sold out too, there was more space than at the Sisters.
How were Pixies? Beside not competing in the hair stakes..
Regarding that nobody can be as good as the Sisters :D they came a very close second. They actually were fantastic. Played over two hours nonstop, doing all the hits and sounding just like the old times. Unlike :von: Black Francis has no voice problems at all. The new bassist has a very similar voice to Kim Deal so everything sounds really great.
The atmosphere was brilliant and and it‘s more than worth the effort, if you should have the chance to see them!
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Is it still Paz from A Perfect Circle/Zwan playing bass instead of Kim?
czuczu
Overbomber

d0gbones wrote:Is it still Paz from A Perfect Circle/Zwan playing bass instead of Kim?
Yep, Paz. She's great. Kim Shattuck died this week, she was also great and was in the band for a tour before Paz joined.

I chose Pixies over Sisters for the first London date, they're on fine form :)