Mental Heath Awareness

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hey everybody
I've been a long time lurker, infrequent poster, on MyHeartland for about 10 years. I've never meet anyone on the site in person because I'm v shy but I'm aware of people from their posts and seeing them at gigs.

There is a lot these days about mental health and dealing with depression. I'd like to say to anyone out there, I've recently been trying to come to grips with my own issues and I know how hard is to talk to people.

I don't have solutions. I'm in the same boat as a lot of people but I've recently found that trying to open myself up to it leads to some interesting conversations or, at the very least, lifts the burden/insecurities./ fears

If anyone feels the same I just wanted to say - you are not alone. I've started to open up to people and it is amazing to realise that when you start talking, you are not passing the burden to someone else, but helping yourself.

We have a lovely community here and it would be great to think we can help each other out... No matter what schemes your job, school, government etc. may offer., sometimes you may distant from that....

So not to be a sap, but if anyone is struggling, just say hi. It really is good to talk ( or type!)

Keep safe - you are loved by people you may not ever know x
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hi bangles,

that is very cool and kind of you, quite a contrast to all that envy and hate and populist exclusion that seems to engulf us nowadays ...

Nobody should suffer from depression, but this world is built on negative values for the majority ... with hardly a choice or an escape ...
where keeping one's head above breadline level is already an achievement, while it has absolutely no real concern beyond survival...
How sick is that "Homo oeconomicus" emotionally backmailed into the trap as soon as it procreates?
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Hello bangles!

Thank you for sharing this and for feeling brave enough to speak up about it.

I completely understand, I suffer badly with anxiety, so much so that, as i've mentioned before, i've not even been able to make it to a gig yet. :oops:

It's a constant daily battle and it is hard to talk to people sometimes, especially for me, as a lot of my anxiety is to do with people in the first place!

But it does help to open up and there is indeed a lovely community here, many of whom have been so understanding and have even offered to help if i need it.

I feel comfortable here now and feel able to post on here quite a bit (even if most of it is rubbish! :lol: ) so please come back and say hi anytime, you will always be welcome.
:D :D
Pista
Cureboi

This is Heartland bangles.

It's in effect. We've got your back ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

Hi Bangles.

I too wish to say thanks for starting this thread and please feel free to join in on any discussions at anytime.

This place has always been an inclusive community and very rarely (if ever!) exclusive; a haven away from the Trolls that are now endemic to all other Social Media forums. The majority of us have met each other in the past both at Gigs and the Auld Heartland Gatherings, where we "all arrived as strangers but left as friends" :wink: So anyone that feels trepidation about going to Gigs and are wary about coming along to any meet ups beforehand - please turn up and introduce yourself, you'll be made to feel very welcome and accepted in no time! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis